• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

I am too lazy to read stupid comments.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Rorooze

SSF4 should really be priced the same as an expansion pack, so around ~70% the cost of a new game.

Because that is essentially what it is, Capcom don't have to make a new graphics engine and they will be recycling/reusing a huge amount of content/artwork.

Most expansion packs include: new characters/classes, some balance changes, new levels, etc. That is pretty much all SSF4 is going to be.

It is a shame that they couldn't make it available as DLC (you'd obviously pay for this DLC) for people that already own SF4, given that most gamers are keen on the idea of digital distribution. Capcom could then release a version of SSF4 on disc for game stores to sell that is at full price (includes original SF4 + DLC costumes, whatever).

HoneyBadger

If you're willing to sit there dling a DVD worth of content on live, be my guest?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

HoneyBadger

Shut up you canadian troll, go back to your cloth line
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

haha yes you may Simon :)

Smoof I'll troll you in DOTA!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Will

Theres one of DJs ultras in that vid looks pretty cool. Glad its a retail disc, cant be Fd anymore with downloading over online services (XBL) with huge amounts of data.
Learning....

[NIUE] weazzyefff

First of all this was announced fucking ages ago, am i right imagneto? Around May or June when i first saw it on Event hubs. And the original came out in February, Thats probably why there a little pissed.They probably JUST bought the game. Like i was just about to buy Blazblue, and before my next pay day ''Continuim Shift'' was announced, so fucking lucky, i would of been extremely pissed.

An expansion pack is something you need the original game for, SSF4 you dont.So it's a good as deal for people that dont own the game, so more people are gonna buy it and get into it, yay.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

is it just me, or do those models of ken and ryu look worse than then two in the very first sf4 trailer?

stereomonkey

Bah, Capcom are the only company to release good fucking games over and over again.  If the company didn't make money then we wouldn't have games.  Oh well.

Damn those ultras look good (and funny). 
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Hawk looks terrible :(

His ultra is incredibly plain, And it's like that fucking Dan ultra, well i meant the pose because Dans ultras actually way better.

That hawk dive looks sooooo gay, out of place imo , comboing that in SF4 looks out of place as.

Juri is mine mother fuckers, her ultra is orgasmic, and Dee Jay looks mean , those two fit SF4/MY standards
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

DVS

Quote from: weazzyefff on September 30, 2009, 11:55:58 AM
Hawk looks terrible :(

His ultra is incredibly plain, And it's like that fucking Dan ultra, well i meant the pose because Dans ultras actually way better.

That hawk dive looks sooooo gay, out of place imo , comboing that in SF4 looks out of place as.

Juri is mine mother fuckers, her ultra is orgasmic, and Dee Jay looks mean , those two fit SF4/MY standards

I have to agree wif Weezy there, Hawk is plain....and I bet peeps will abuse his shitty hawk dive. :-\

Dee Jay does look pretty gangster...if he's anything like his HD Remix reincarnation - look out... :o

Juri looks fucking lethal...I'm already shiting myself :o
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[8-----D] Toots

Juri looks like shes gonna be pretty average by the looks of it. No obvious zoning tools and an Ultra that looks like you wont be able to juggle with. A crappier version of Cammy maybe? Character design is cool tho

Hawk looks stupid in an awesome. His Ultra does fuck loads. Dive looks fast as fuck and recovers straight away when he lands by the looks of it. Walk speed is pretty good for a grappler. Huge Focus Attck! If he has normals as good as O.hawk he will be a fricken beast. Probably main him if Dudley isn't added.

Looks like Deejays got his old ST links back. His Ultra is pretty sweet too

fluxcore

Yeah, I think Juri looks cool but will ultimately be somewhat lacking.

Personally I don't like T Hawk at all, but maybe he'll be alright. Hopefully they nerf Zangief hard and make T Hawk as good as shitty Zangief :P

Deejay actually looked better than I expected. He might be pretty decent... like how he's a better version of Guile in ST, maybe he's a better Guile in S4 as well :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck, im liking hawk a lot tbh.

And i doubt his dive will be THAT abusable. His ultra is no more plain than Gief's or fuerte's, and both of those are MASSIVE crowd pleasers.

I dont see his dive as being out of place. It was fine in ST and its fine in SSF4.

Despite the fact that if Ben picks him up, my hawk is gonna look crap. >_>

As for Juri, i like the design, and i like the speed. I see her being similar to fei in terms of gameplay. I dont think that video showed us all the weapons she has available. Im guessing she will be fun to play at the very least.

Deejay looks like he'll be solid. No complaints, but nothing im raving about.

But out of those 3, T-hawk is the one that looks most appealing at this point. At least from my perspective. Yes his design is quite plain, but no more so than most of the cast anyway. Im hoping for a bigass indian headdress for an alternate costume.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

I kind of want to agree about T.Hawk being cool in this game... the only problem is... He's T.Hawk :/

I think his dive will be fine as well -- It won't be as abuseable as say, Rufus' dive kicks, but it gives him another way to close ground, which is what you want as a big fuckin' grappler

In the end, he's a big fuckin' bruiser. I may pick him up depending on how fun he is to play with -- I was never a fan back in the SSF2 days, but that's probably because I was a Ryu/Ken scrub
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla