• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K123_iy

I read on gamespot that the extra content for people that already own sf4 is 2 graphical filters for the game, ones like a pencil cross hatch and the other is like ink wash, the thing is you only need a saved file to gain access to this bonus

xpunch

Quote from: K123_iy on April 24, 2010, 12:19:41 AM
I read on gamespot that the extra content for people that already own sf4 is 2 graphical filters for the game, ones like a pencil cross hatch and the other is like ink wash, the thing is you only need a saved file to gain access to this bonus

yep, i can confirm that this is true. Colours 11 ink wash (SF4 artwork) and 12 pencil cross (SSF4 artwork) colour 12 looks really good.

Also just abit of random info's for those who are interested. WARNING! - Contains Spoilers

Beating arcade mode will unlock additional blue titles for the character you cleared it with and you will get red lengendary titles for clearing arcade mode on hardest. The titles look like the gold ones from SF4 but blue and red.

The list below are the blue colured titles, for beating arcade mode on any difficulty.

Ryu - [Sleeps in Gi]
Ken - [Flashy Fighter]
Chun - [I did it]
E.honda - [Take a peek]
Blanka [I Love Mama]
Zangief - [Magnificent Muscles]
Guile - [Hairspray User]
Dhalsim - [Curry Flavoured]
Balrog - [Money Grubber]
Vega - [Prince of Beauty]
Sagat - [Ultimate Enemy]
Bison - [Lover of Evil]
C.Viper - [Mom's Day Out]
Rufus - [Broken Zipper]
El Fuerte - [No Recipe]
Able - [No Mistake]
Seth - [Only Human]
Akuma [Indestructible!]
Gouken - [Finer Things]
Cammy - [Eyes on the Prize]
Feilong - [Kung Fu Action]
Sakura - [Greetings, Ryu!]
Rose [UV Blocker]
Gen - [Daily Trainer]
Dan - [Come One, Come All]
T.Hawk - [Freinds of Animals]
Dee Jay - [Maracas Forever]
Guy - [Sneaker Man]
Cody - [No Rules]
Ibuki - [Ninja in Training]
Makoto - [Pride of Tosa]
Dudley - [Gloved Driver]
Adon - [Bangkok Brawler]
Hakan - [Oil Power!]
Juri - [Evil Girl]   

Lengendary titles are pretty much all the same but character specific for example....

E.Honda - [Legendary Sumo]
Guile - [Legendary Flash]
Hakan - [Legendary Oil Man]
Bison [Lengendary Tyrant]
Dan [Legendary Joke]
Cody - [Legendary Outlaw]

Also I beat shin akuma and got the title [Akuma Killer] il use it when i play against you Mason lol

There are a bunch of new titles that you will unlock online.
When playing online your contry flag shows up next to your gamertag, on leaderboards and on the main screen where you have your icon and title set.

After beating arcade mode once (i think), you get the option to listen to Arranged BMG reserved for Rival Battles during ordinary gameplay... Guy and Gens are my fav atm  ;D

You unlock 1 Personal Action and then 1 Colour everytime you pick a character so you have to choose a character 18 times (i think) to unlock all there taunts and colours, I did a cheap way and played Versus Mode -  player vs the cpu on hardest and just paused the game and went to character select and did it over and over until all the stuff was unlocked.

Some Characters have more than one rival battle, there is a player points learderboard and character specific battle points leaderboard, Currently the top of the 360 player points leaderboards is Violent Alioune from france 2nd RYUCEF from france and 3rd Gattz101 from AUS, some may know that Alioune guy from the SF4 learderboards. Iv played that Gattz101 dude he uses Ken and man after a blocked srk its very hard to punish, but after i beat him and he wont play me anymore.

Kens srk is beast in this game.
Adon is really fast, his jaguar off the wall kick is hard to punish on block and its a focus breaker.

Guiles Sonic Hurricane is a good, ppl seem to jump in while giule is walking back forgeting he can hit you with the sonic hurricane, so crouching for a while then walking backwards will be a good trick to use, as it may make them jump into your ultra, and his sonic booms are way faster.

Thats it for now lol

electric

Some awesome information there xpunch - good shit

Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Just one thing I disagree with.

Colour 12 looks fucking horrible.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

12 only looks good on seth.

TV STATIC MAN

zos'la

hows online play??
any lagger than vinilla?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

massi4h

Wow the first title I'm gonna unlock is "Indestructable!" That's awesome lol.

xpunch

lol @ the gramma and spelling in my last post soz ppl...

I cant really tell about the online as i havn't played against any NZ ppl, but with the aussie's the connection aint that bad it's pretty good, i can get decent connection with some americans too, but the online gaming seems the same as SF4.

When your in a lobby you can set comments which will be shown on the VS screen under your characters picture.
Some of the comments you can set are...

Voice Chat ON
Voice Chat OFF
Nice To Meet You
Combo Pratice!
Show Me Combos
Tournament Player
I'll Go Easy
Go Easy On Me
Still a Beginner
Still Training
Last Fight
Bed Time...

and heaps of other one's.

Team Battle is cool, you can have 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 lobbys, if I remember correctly the host picks the teams and it feels extra good when you win for your team especially if theres a bunch of loud mouths in the lobby haha

Endless Battles are pretty much like player matches but with extra ppl you can set the limit as to how many ppl you want in the lobby or if you wana have a 1v1 session its all easy to set up. Just like in SSF2 HDR.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im just watching the Teamspooky stream on justin.tv, and fuck, Sim is fucking BUFF.

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky#r=a544PIE~
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck, Akuma can cancel teleport into U2. Looks like the same as an armour cancel but with tele.

Edit: HOLY CHRIST SAKURA CAN COMBO LIKE 30 LK HURRICANES WITHOUT METER. SHIT IS INSANE
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah, hence the HPxxTeleportxxUltra 2. I was teleporting through fireballs and landing it GIGA on Thursday. I'm pretty sure Sakura can do that in Vanilla. It's mk -> lk.tatsu. I always combo 2 on someone after a crumple. Also yeah made a stream topic in the match vids discuss there I guess.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Nah mason, what i mean is, Akuma can fireball, teleport, and cancel the teleport into ultra before the hitstun of the fireball ends.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah I know that. But I'm pretty sure you can't combo into the fireball then have enough time to FADC, teleport then ultra.

That must only be like a light punch fireball 3/4 screens away? Which you might as well just be teleporting to ultra if that woulda connected.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I didn't see an FADC in there. could be wrong though. It definitely looked like standard combo into fireball -> teleport -> ultra.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

That sounds wierd because fireball can't cancel into teleport. And if it was fireball then fadc, there would be no need to lag/scale with teleport.