• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

All things Anime

Started by Barnstorm, September 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

Berserk by far one of the most over the top violent anime

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Barnstorm on September 21, 2009, 07:13:01 PM
Berserk by far one of the most over the top violent anime
Cool. I'ma look for this one when i'm blazed.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Orochi

Quote from: CrazyMobius on September 21, 2009, 06:22:04 PM
I should like Anime but the reality is that I don't really follow any or even watch any. I care about the character designs and the art but not so much the stories... Also none are weird or wacky enough for my tastes.

Try Bakemonogatari, it's airing this season, by Shaft. It's about an ex-vampire and a girl who had her weight stolen by a crab, the animation style is Shaft quality, lots of visual elements thrown in your face. Same with the sound, atmospheric and strange.

I've been addicted to Souten Kouro recently, as a huge RTK freak I couldn't pass up an anime about Cao Cao being totally awesome and going nuts.

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

maelgrim

Currently watching Eden of the East - pretty good

Other series ive enjoyed:

Anything Ghost in the Shell
Blood+
Tower of Druaga
Hellsing
Trinity Blood
Sengoku Basara
Macross Frontier
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Orochi Leona on September 21, 2009, 07:37:29 PM
I should like Anime but the reality is that I don't really follow any or even watch any. I care about the character designs and the art but not so much the stories... Also none are weird or wacky enough for my tastes.

Try Bakemonogatari, it's airing this season, by Shaft. It's about an ex-vampire and a girl who had her weight stolen by a crab, the animation style is Shaft quality, lots of visual elements thrown in your face. Same with the sound, atmospheric and strange.

I've been addicted to Souten Kouro recently, as a huge RTK freak I couldn't pass up an anime about Cao Cao being totally awesome and going nuts.

It needs more Lu Bu
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Smoof on September 21, 2009, 08:11:42 PM
Quote from: Orochi Leona on September 21, 2009, 07:37:29 PM

It needs more Lu Bu
Hey Lu bu and Cao cao are dudes from Dynasty warriors too lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

fluxcore

Actually yeah I will say I am a massive Ghost in the Shell fanboy. The Stand Alone Complex tv serieses (and movie) are simply amazing.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

Quote from: fluxcore on September 21, 2009, 08:17:03 PM
Actually yeah I will say I am a massive Ghost in the Shell fanboy. The Stand Alone Complex tv serieses (and movie) are simply amazing.

Yeah ditto that, GITS rocks.
The 2nd film Innocence was also excellent. Funnily I find the first film to be the least engaging - though still very good.

You might also like Eden of the East, also production IG - less action & less Tech (more current day) than GITS but similar social commentary etc.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

CptMunta

Quote from: Smoof on September 21, 2009, 06:41:40 PM
Dunno how you can call Death Note, Samurai Executioner or any of the movies weird =P JoJo's was pretty cool from what I've seen of it

Yeah JoJo's is cool of course the books are better. There's even a scene not in the anime with a stand that plays for their souls but beting on beating them in video games!

Yeah I only meant Jojo's is wierd but that's probably what the " :P " was for  ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

samurai black

Quote from: Barnstorm on September 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM
and i just read narruto and bleach manga now (fillers made me rage)

god i hate saucekay. also starrk is too cool.

also, why is there no mention of cowboy bebop? that shit is awesome.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: samurai black on September 21, 2009, 08:56:57 PM

Man i tried to get into Naruto but it's boring as. It has more talkng shit and less fighting then DBZ.

Orochi

Quote from: Smoof on September 21, 2009, 08:11:42 PMIt needs more Lu Bu

There's a lolicon series about Lu Bu being trapped in a little girls body in present day Japan, it's called Ryofuko-chan. The show is pretty lame, but anything with Guan Yu flipping cars has its merits...

CrazyMobius

I just saw Grave of the Fireflies tonight. Not as good as I was expecting. Very depressing...

I just remembered some I liked Perfect Blue and Tokyo Godfathers. Oh and Akira of course.

gunsmoke

Quote from: weazzyefff on September 21, 2009, 09:18:27 PM
Quote from: samurai black on September 21, 2009, 08:56:57 PM

Man i tried to get into Naruto but it's boring as. It has more talkng shit and less fighting then DBZ.

Of cuz no one beat DBZ the best anime ever . in the Meantime nothing interesting then Naruto right now...so no choice....
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!