• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

All things Anime

Started by Barnstorm, September 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunsmoke

Back to DC Green Latern was good  :o :o :o
Just downloaded last week will buy DVD 4 collection soon  :P
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Barnstorm

Quote from: weazzyefff on September 21, 2009, 09:18:27 PM

Man i tried to get into Naruto but it's boring as. It has more talkng shit and less fighting then DBZ.

I almost gave up with the naruto the original
but shippuden is really good besides some retarded plot/characters

maelgrim
about blood+ i thought that was rubbish i watched 20-30 eps and it appeared to go absolutly nowhere so i stopped watching it

stereomonkey

Oh, and Full Metal Alchemist.  The rehashed series does the manga justice :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

maelgrim

Quote from: Barnstorm on September 21, 2009, 11:04:10 PM
maelgrim
about blood+ i thought that was rubbish i watched 20-30 eps and it appeared to go absolutly nowhere so i stopped watching it

Well you need to watch all 50 :)
I thought it was great (but I do like Vamps) - probably my 2nd fav series after GITS SAC1.
Though ive only watched blood+ once (fansub) while ive watched all the GITS stuff at least 3 times, hopefully it holds up as well with repeat viewings.

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

HoneyBadger

Quote from: gunsmoke on September 21, 2009, 11:00:18 PM
Back to DC Green Latern was good  :o :o :o
Just downloaded last week will buy DVD 4 collection soon  :P

Fuck yeah! You reading the new Blackest Night arc? That shit is arc of the year imo.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Quote from: CrazyMobius on September 21, 2009, 10:46:20 PM
I just saw Grave of the Fireflies tonight. Not as good as I was expecting. Very depressing...

Uhh yeah, that was kind of the point...

I remember liking perfect blue quite a lot.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Perfect Blue is AWESOME, well it was when it came out I haven't seen it since then.

Grave of the fireflies is one of my all time favourite anime movies even if it is fucking depressing!

In terms of animation quality Ghost In The Shell: Innocence is still one of the best movies I have seen.

Has anyone else seen Aachi & Ssipak? I fuckin' loved it. Was good to see high quality animated movie out of Korea, also made it seem even more original becasue it doesn't stick to established traditions we have become used to from Japan. Shit is funny as fuck (literally if you have seen the movie) I have it on my comp of anyone wants a copy.
KOW 2011

samurai black

aww man, aachi and ssipak is amazing. i had a pirate copy too, and i liked it so much i went and picked up the dvd  ;D ;D

and was perfect blue the one with the popstar and her nutcase stalker? if it is, then i liked that one as well. still waiting for jb to bring afro samurai: ressurection, so i can have a legit copy

also, this isnt really anime, but any of you guys watch the venture bros.? its friggin awesome

electric

I watched Perfect Blue the other day... fucking amazing movie, both in plot and animation quality (for an early 90s anime)

I also watched Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade the other week as well... So amazing... It's quite sombre, but it's really well animated and has an interesting plot... I'm sure a lot of you would like it
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

I liked jin roh as well, when I re-watched it it wasn't as compelling though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

i hated jinroh cause the whole thing just went over my head.

geneterror

Quote from: fluxcore on September 22, 2009, 01:42:15 PM
I liked jin roh as well, when I re-watched it it wasn't as compelling though.
I agree, once you know the story it's not as good a second time.
Visually awesome all the way through though.
KOW 2011

maelgrim

Jin Roh is ok - definitely not so great a 2nd time.

Just remembered some more I enjoyed:
Wings of hominesse
Metropolis
Princess Monoke
Tekkonkrinkreet
Paprika
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on September 22, 2009, 03:13:22 PM
Well if I knew it was depressing I wouldn't have watched it. Why would anyone want to get depressed from watching a film?

Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought like this.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

I like a lot of films that have depressing endings, I think it's unrealistic and twee to end every movie with 'happily ever after'. Just as a particularly strange example, I really hated in Wall-E that he regained his memory and everything, I thought it was really awesome that he basically got smashed to bits and then forgot everything. I think that would have been an excellent end.

Anyway, I take it you did absolutely no research into Grave of the Fireflies before watching. A war movie where a sibling dies, yeah, SURE TO BE A BARREL OF LAUGHS AYE