• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Maj's Footsies handbook

Started by fluxcore, December 07, 2009, 09:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 28, 2009, 11:15:54 AM
Shot. Should I put this to work with my Sagat? LOL.

If footsies are what I think they are then Sagat has a hard time in SF4 as his walk speed is so slow.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 28, 2009, 11:34:02 AM
Quote from: weazzyefff on December 28, 2009, 11:15:54 AM
Shot. Should I put this to work with my Sagat? LOL.

If footsies are what I think they are then Sagat has a hard time in SF4 as his walk speed is so slow.
Shit yeah it is.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[8-----D] Toots

And all of his normals are slow. The only move that I think can be used to punish whiffs is his standing light kick. Seems like sagats always had shit footsies barring cvs2 where he seems to have awesome footsies.

Hydro

Quote from: Toomeke on December 28, 2009, 12:12:14 PM
And all of his normals are slow. The only move that I think can be used to punish whiffs is his standing light kick. Seems like sagats always had shit footsies barring cvs2 where he seems to have awesome footsies.

His alpha 3 footsies weren't too bad. s.mp (similar to his overhead animation in SFIV) was a decent quick ranged poke that had some lower body invincibility, and his c.hp was easily as good as in CVS2 in alpha 3 too. Even his c.hk wasn't that bad either. . .

But yeah, SFIV Sagat ain't about that.

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 28, 2009, 10:31:49 AM
Steven (I Got Paid) once talked about a technique which is related to this. Have you ever seen your opponent struggling to get a difficult move out but they just can't find the gap? Well if you give them an opening their brain will still be set to 'complete task' and they will complete their move even though it is totally unsafe to do so.
This is different to a regular bait as your opponent is not intending to use this move as a counter anymore. They were when they first unsuccessfully attempted it, but  through their frustration they lose sight of winning and the success of completing the move becomes their primary focus!

Try it out and see what happens!

Forgot to mention: the above is some Genius from Stephen.

I always remember his lecture on "Missed combo opportunities", which was some good advice for doing that biggest most efficient combo (or combo set up) as you can instead of being all safe and throwing and shit. 

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man some people just cant spot sarcasm to save themselves
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ugh, im guilty of that shit.

I often miss something and go into "fuck you im going to land this goddamn move/combo" mode.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

I only get that way when I'm playing Guile.  When it comes to missing his super all I wanna do is land the fucker.  Haha
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

What, aye? Supers gone after you use it.

Oh, and no game exists in my experience besides sf4 lol. Just clicked.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 28, 2009, 06:35:16 PM
I only get that way when I'm playing Guile.  When it comes to missing his super all I wanna do is land the fucker.  Haha

Sometimes you can spot it in desperate Zangief players too.

stereomonkey

I tend to do it if it doesn't come out the first time.  I think Euan is the same when it comes to that ;)

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 28, 2009, 05:47:42 PM
I often miss something and go into "fuck you im going to land this goddamn move/combo" mode.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 29, 2009, 12:44:52 AM
I tend to do it if it doesn't come out the first time.  I think Euan is the same when it comes to that ;)
All I know is the B1ackstar NEVER dies with a full super.

stereomonkey

You know Im not only talking about SFIV...

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 29, 2009, 11:52:06 AM
You know Im not only talking about SFIV...
Quote from: weazzyefff on December 28, 2009, 07:54:51 PM
What, aye? Supers gone after you use it.

Oh, and no game exists in my experience besides sf4 lol. Just clicked.