• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

AUS:NSW / EVO APAC 2010 / Australian Qualifier!

Started by EXC355UM, February 07, 2010, 01:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Alan, Yes I think having the info on our site is better and more convenient rather having to go to open up a link to the OHN forum and it also looks a bit more of an invite as the Organizers from OHN has been I believe in contact with you Alan with regards to this but not much as been told to the community. There were very little news about our next official tourny (what ever that may be) is to fly our best player over for the OHN or some sort.
Therefore I wanted to let everyone know that this is open to all Asia Pacific country, an official invite for NZ'ders to compete in the upcoming EVO APAC 2010.

Stereo,
I am hoping to compete but I need to start planning. As you mentioned, there are accomedation cost, flight cost and the odd spending cost... more importantly, I will need to upskill myself to the next lvl if I am wanting any chance in this.

I will be making up training team and hope for those who are keen to help each other improve to join. This is be very serious training and not for the weak hearted!!! :D
More info on this will be posted.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

I'm not directly involved in the planning for the NZ part of this, which is why I haven't said or posted anything, but there is SOMETHING in the works. I'm sure when things are more concrete there will be info posted.

I'm pretty sure the other countries haven't locked down many details either.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Damn, i forgot other countries might go to this. This things gonna be huge.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

Quote from: fluxcore on February 09, 2010, 10:38:16 AM
I'm not directly involved in the planning for the NZ part of this, which is why I haven't said or posted anything, but there is SOMETHING in the works. I'm sure when things are more concrete there will be info posted.

I'm pretty sure the other countries haven't locked down many details either.

I don't think we have anyone planning for this in the NZ community, not sure what is at works but once more info is finalized this will be an oppertunity for those like myself :D
I really hope many here will actually take interest in this.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

As soon as they announce actual dates (ie. not as vague as 'early june') Ill start planning. Realistically my chances of winning are slim to none, but i reckon it will be hell fun all the same.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

oh.. is there? then just leave this as it is then^^

[NIUE] weazzyefff

And Zosla, i think you mean those like me.... the poor ones.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

Weazy, just drink like 2 bottle less every time you drink and smoke one less joint everytime you go for a sesh then its all good mate!!! you will save more than enought!!! :D
This will be a very good chance for many of us and kind widen our views, take it as a holiday while you're at it :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I agree with Andy. I'll personally be going for the enjoyment factor. Not the 'be more awesomer at SF than australians' factor. Since seriously, ill probably get reamed.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Then if that is the case why not save to go to Ozhadou (postponed to December... YAY!).  Where it is an event that has many other games including for your enjoyment.

Or if your the man you can go to both :) <-(this smiley is poo, bring back the old one)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

One is in June, the other in December. Plenty of time to save in between.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

Bah! Can't make this mish to Oz cos' of other travel plans.

Maaaaay be able to squeeze a trip to a New Zealand leg of this pre EVO epicness. Hopefully all the players that are planning on going to OZ anyway go to it. Good way to get some training in.

Some of the Christchurch players I've been playing with might be keen to go. Get ready for a small team of Players from down south that are Excellent at schooling Rose (by then) and have learned the secret Munta technique of wake-up Ultra  ;)  :D ;)

Hmmmm..... Super Street Fighter IV online Tournament mode training vs Ozzie teams anyone?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[CYS] hebretto

Hey guys just letting you know some hotels/hostels don't allow the "AV" channel so even if you got a console you won't be able to play it. And some TVs allows AV but they might lag. We tried this a few times over pass OHNs and yeah the best time was when we got a CRT TV and that was back in OHN5 hahaha.

And can I clarify a few things as well:
OzHadou = the community
OzHadou Nationals (OHN) = our annual national tournament
Evo APAC = the tournament that we are running in June to send someone to evo

I'm seeing OzHadou and OHN being thrown around as one or the other so I'm stating this in the hopes of not causing any confusion. You guys should be referring to Evo APAC as that is what is happening in June and what I think you guys are in hopes of attending. OHN9 will be announced later and you guys can plan for a NZ contingent for that later. At the moment just concentrate on Evo APAC.

btw I should be able to house one person during this stay but if my AV protege smoof is going it's reserved hahahaha
CYS CEO aka Former TEAM AV CEO aka herbretto aka berbeto aka HAMAGER

Licensed to roll cancel since the age of 16.

www.ozhadou.net

zos'la

haha sweet stuff, ty for the offer for whomever that may take.

**Dials 111 for Jack for the accomedation... oh wait whats the Australian emergency number? -.- I'm sure he can hook me up some dodgy chinatown place :D lawl.