• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

AUS:NSW / EVO APAC 2010 / Australian Qualifier!

Started by EXC355UM, February 07, 2010, 01:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Cheers heb. Yea, by Ozhadou, we mean OHN. Im sure if worst comes to worst we can go and have a jam at the local arcade. But lets not get ahead of ourselves here. :P
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: hebretto on February 09, 2010, 01:30:04 PM
Hey guys just letting you know some hotels/hostels don't allow the "AV" channel so even if you got a console you won't be able to play it. And some TVs allows AV but they might lag. We tried this a few times over pass OHNs and yeah the best time was when we got a CRT TV and that was back in OHN5 hahaha.

And can I clarify a few things as well:
OzHadou = the community
OzHadou Nationals (OHN) = our annual national tournament
Evo APAC = the tournament that we are running in June to send someone to evo

I'm seeing OzHadou and OHN being thrown around as one or the other so I'm stating this in the hopes of not causing any confusion. You guys should be referring to Evo APAC as that is what is happening in June and what I think you guys are in hopes of attending. OHN9 will be announced later and you guys can plan for a NZ contingent for that later. At the moment just concentrate on Evo APAC.

btw I should be able to house one person during this stay but if my AV protege smoof is going it's reserved hahahaha

Nigga you know I am
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

samurai black

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Wtf? The joke seems to have eluded you Stuart.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Bah, I give up... My mind goes to absolute mud it seems when I'm working and posting at the same time.  ???
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Rorooze

I'm looking at going to AU to catch a friend sometime in December so we might be keen to head to OHN :o i got exams in june though :p

geneterror

Well my computer blowing up and having to buy a new one has murdered my funds for this. Looks like OHN in Dec for me now.
KOW 2011

zos'la

FYI guys.

some updated news with time/date and venue:

Where: Gallery Function Centre, UTS, Sydney.
When: Sat 29th -Sun 30th May 2010.

QUOTE "ziggy" from OZH.

Thanks Yang. I've corrected the first post now. Note that being seeded by rank into EVO pools is a big deal as EVO doesn't seed the first round by rank, only by region. This means the EVO APAC winner won't have to face someone like Justin Wong in the pools.

Regarding prizes for SSF4 at EVO APAC: we're still working on it. First place is all we've announced, as that's all we can confirm.

Regarding the tournament for SSF4: I see a lot of confusion. Yang and Loki have done a good job clearing this up, but I'll try and put it another way. Hopefully this helps instead of confusing things further.

We are having an SSF4 tournament at EVO APAC on Sunday 30th May. Let's call it EVO APAC - SSF4 Finals. This is a double elimination tournament. You can only get into this tournament by qualifying in advance.

To qualify for EVO APAC - SSF4 Finals, you have 2 options:
Place high enough at any OH APAC SSF4 during May 2010 (typically 1st place only); OR

Place top 8 in the EVO APAC - SSF4 Last Chance Tournament at EVO APAC on Saturday 29th May. This will be one double elimination tournament, probably broken into 4 pools (just like OHN8). Top 2 in each pool make it through for EVO APAC - SSF4 Finals.
You can only qualify for EVO APAC - SSF4 Finals once, but until you do you can keep trying (i.e. enter OH APACs, enter EVO APAC - SSF4 Last Chance Tournament).

EVO APAC - SSF4 Finals will be around 16+ players. The exact size will be announced once all the OH APACs have been announced.

You don't need to come to EVO APAC on Saturday if you qualified for finals via an OH APAC, but given you'll save no money doing this, and there'll be plenty of casual play stations for SSF4 all day, you might as well come along and get practicing. We don't want anyone going into EVO APAC - SSF4 Finals cold, so come along on Sat anyway and practice up with everybody else.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[CYS] hebretto

Hey guys the registration for EVO APAC is now live check out the site!

http://evoapac.ozhadou.net/
CYS CEO aka Former TEAM AV CEO aka herbretto aka berbeto aka HAMAGER

Licensed to roll cancel since the age of 16.

www.ozhadou.net

Skullator

I figure I will rego after Midnite does his NZ APAC qualifier thing.

zos'la

Quote from: Skullator on April 13, 2010, 12:40:34 PM
I figure I will rego after Midnite does his NZ APAC qualifier thing.

Exactly what I have in mind^^ I will try my best to get leave and go but would also like to get through using the qualifiers if I can.
Its taking him a while to give us some details... its getting pretty slim with time.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Midnite

http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1123.0.html

OH APAC - Auckland announced!

Sorry for the delay, was finalising some details for the event.

Register ASAP!