• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

SF4 2v2 Team Tournament

Started by zos'la, February 10, 2010, 01:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

ok guys I am just wondering if anyone is keen for a small 2v2 tournament???
I know we MAY have a barfight in March? but nothing is confirmed yet I believe? correct me if I am wrong.
April we have the Cloud Lan but that its own thing of course.

So what I want to do is squeeze this in before the release of SSF4 as we have not had a team tournament yet.
basic info:
cash prize: I am thinking of giving 80% of the entrants pool for the winning team.
Rules would be same as nationals except the tournament will be run using the a-cho 2-on-2 format (where everyone plays). In this format, Player A from each team will face-off, followed by Player B from each team. If at the end of these games the scores are 1-1, a tie-breaker will be played between the winners of the first 2 games. (hope I'm making sense here)
more info will be posted once I get some ideas from the community as I don't want to waste time if no one is interested.

I am just takingthoughts, ideas and suggestions, so please no flame :)
tyty

Curret status of interes:

zosla
stupidfish
CrazyKiller
xPunch
Blackstar ninja
Skullator
Jack
Gankatron
Rorooze
ILL_BILL
electric
Lenny
massi4h
AD-Remix
samurai black
Smoof fish
iMagneto
wick3d wayz
iRONsoL
Gino
manawakore

//=======================

I need some gears from you guys and prolly 1-2 helpers during the day as refs etc, if anyone can put their hands up.

Admins:
Jack
?????

Curret Gears:
3 x LCD monitors with HDMI and VGA inputs.
1 x projector
1 x PS3 with SF4 and HRAP stick.
1 x PS3

Gears I need:
*3x TE stick or similar for the PS3
(1 TE stick - Skullator)
(1 TE stick - Lenny)
(1 HRAP stick - Lenny)

*1 x SF4 game PS3
(sorted - Skullator)

If anyone wants to bring other gears to jam on some old games, they will be welcome to
Anyone other questions, post here.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Rorooze

i don't get how if its best of 3 games that both players in each team play everybody else.

for instance

team numbers has players 1 and 2, team letters has players a and b

1 vs a - a wins
2 vs a - 2 wins
2 vs b - b wins

team peek a boo then wins because its best of 3 games, but player 1 hasn't played player b.

zos'la

Let me rephrase this as I used incorrect wordings (EDITED)

The tournament will be run using the a-cho 2-on-2 format (where everyone plays). In this format, Player A from each team will face-off, followed by Player B from each team. If at the end of these games the scores are 1-1, a tie-breaker will be played between the winners of the first 2 games.

Scenario 1:

Team 1 has player : A and B
Team 2 has player: A and B

Team 1A vs Team 2 A = Team 1A win
Team 1B vs Team 2 B = Team 2B win

so

team 1A vs team 2B = team 1A win, so Team 1 goes to the next round.

Scenario 2:

Team 1 has player : A and B
Team 2 has player: A and B

team 1A vs team 2A = team 1A win
team 1B vs team 2B = team 1B win

so Team 1 goes to the next round

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I think barfights is all good to go? have to ask leo. And id be keen for this. If i may make a suggestion though. Why not hold it on SSF4 release day? Were all gonna be whoring that puppy out anyway, we may as well rip out a comp on the day.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 10, 2010, 02:06:31 PM
I think barfights is all good to go? have to ask leo. And id be keen for this. If i may make a suggestion though. Why not hold it on SSF4 release day? Were all gonna be whoring that puppy out anyway, we may as well rip out a comp on the day.

Hmm thats actually a freaking good idea WLL!!!! didn't actually think of that^^ will definitely keep that in mind.

Barfights I haven't heard much about it lately so I am unsure where it is at. Maybe Leo can fill us in more?

Rorooze

SSF4 2v2 tourny on release day (or maybe the weekend following release if the release is during the week?) would be pimp.

Skullator

Been itching for a 2v2 tourny for the longest time

zos'la

I'm still waiting for the peeps who are interested to post up here, I am willing to organize this if we have peope interested.
I am thinking of getting a luanch party for SSF4 while at it we can have the 2v2 tourny, there will be some sponsors involve as well. But I want you guys to tell me if you guys want this to go ahead or not by giving me some numbers.

electric

I'd be keen - not so sure on it being a SSF4 tourney (especially on launch day) - IMO, it doesn't really give anyone incentive to try the new characters if it's a tournament setting... SSF4 tourneys can come a little while after everyone has had the chance to play it for a month or so
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

xpunch

Gankatron

zos'la

the whole purpose of launch party is to get everyone one to know teh game, the tournament is an add on to the event to get us all into it and laugh the shit outa ourselfs from scrubing it out!!!

But if we somewhat can not get the launch party going due to release date issues for ssf4 or any other factor which may cause this to be cancelled, I will pump the 2v2 tournament for SF4 and you choose your team on the day or just come along and we will sort you out a team. Either works for me, I just want some scene going for 2010.

I am hoping we can get about 8 teams atleast (16 entrants) then this could be worth while but the more the mere!!!

Rorooze

how about we run a mini 2v2 tournament at the training session at fong's place this weekend? we probably had enough players last month for one! And plenty of set ups so it wouldn't take forever. A mini tourney would be pretty fun and the winners could get bragging rights and maybe get first dibs on the BBQ for a prize?

xpunch

Quote from: Rorooze on February 11, 2010, 10:46:41 AM
how about we run a mini 2v2 tournament at the training session at fong's place this weekend? we probably had enough players last month for one! And plenty of set ups so it wouldn't take forever. A mini tourney would be pretty fun and the winners could get bragging rights and maybe get first dibs on the BBQ for a prize?

that sounds cool haha be good 2 have both a 2v2 mini tourney at fongs and andy can do up the super 2v2 tourney. my 5cents  8)

Gankatron

Although its a good idea, I got plans to run a dummy Ranbats tournament this Sat so not sure if we ll have enough time to organize another 2vs2 as well.

Anyways back on track,... Andy i think its a great idea to organize a 2vs2 and before SSF4 will make more sense as everyone will prolly train up a fair bit after release anyway rather than slugging it out in a tourney so quickly.