• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

ISP ADSL2+ Questions who's da best?

Started by CptMunta, February 20, 2010, 03:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

Nice, need some business plan goodness for all!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

nztauranga

Im with megatel, 5mb DL and 0.8mb UL which is standard  for gaming 80 ms ping in AUckland...I remember xnet in manurewa was 2mb UL and 7mb DL? same for xtra too when I was last with them 2 years back...oh well will stick it out with megatel reasonable price of $105 monthly phone and wired broadband with 0.14 p/minute national calls etc 34cents p/min for cells calls...
-work to live not live to work-><>

xpunch

Just got Adsl 2 installed 2 days ago over here in the dirty south lol

CptMunta

Quote from: xpunch on April 24, 2010, 11:17:56 PM
Just got Adsl 2 installed 2 days ago over here in the dirty south lol

:o :o :o
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Elixir

And this is at 7am. I bet it would be even lower in the afternoon or night. NZ has the worst internet, and it's a shame because Xnet used to actually be good. Hey, when do you guys think Auckland will see fiber optic?

I was previously on a better plan with Xtra, which was: inferior download to my current speed, but 90-120kbps upload. Wasn't worth it, what with being more expensive and all.

CrazyMobius

Pjai

fluxcore

I'm on xnet and I don't even need to speedtest to tell you my xfer rate is ass

also I tried to play team fortress 2 yesterday and got terrible choke to the point of unplayability, but that could be because it's now school + uni holidays and I'm pretty much in student hell

fucking terrible
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Pjai

dunno if changing isp will help :/

i hve been told by xtra and xnet in the last 10yrs tat, i get shitting connectin due to living too far from the exchange : ( 

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

CrazyMobius

karizzma

Download speed is terrible. But my ping is all that matters in CS.

zos'la

anyone with telecom and vodafone who can post their home speed test up?
I am thinking of changing ISP ><
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Rorooze

these tests are a guideline AT BEST.

anyway, here's my result (vodafone)

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Whoa that's pretty bad mine is better Download with Vodafone then telecom. But telecom had better upload.

Telecom was like 9mbps DL, 1mb UL.

Vodafone is

btw i live out west. And doesn't Rory stay in town somewhere lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!