• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Daigo vs Luffy at the WBC in Cannes 2010

Started by DVS, March 09, 2010, 06:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

omg that was fucking boring.

Grats to Luffy though.  Aparently Daigo downloads and rapes him the next day though.

so fucking boring though.  At least this new Ultra should make her more interesting in SSFIV.  By the sounds of it as soon as she activates it you pretty much have to stop attacking her cause if you get hit by an orb she can combo you straight after.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Yeah was more of a zoning, spacing type match...but still cred to Luffy...his corner pressure at the death was choice....

New Ultra possibilities and links for Rose are really interesting..can't wait to rip them when Super comes out.....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Barnstorm

in all honesty i think diago is a tad boring really

from my rose knowledge it looks like she has very few attacking options against ryu

DVS

Quote from: Barnstorm on March 12, 2010, 04:20:00 PM
in all honesty i think diago is a tad boring really

from my rose knowledge it looks like she has very few attacking options against ryu

She does have a very floaty jump...so jumping is out of the question

Her focus, Standng HK and Forward HK are solid, crouching MP and MK slide are also good options against RYU....soul spiral is also safe 60% of the time....

Absorbing projectiles is a good way to avoid ground pressure and the timing against Ryu is easy....

Basically the game plan is....use the ground game to push him into the corner......if he jumps or fireballs at just outta sweep distance Ultra.....

If that doesn't work sit back outta medium range and projectile battle him...charge meter (absorb is a half a blue bar) bait the jump and nail him with the super soul spark....

Stop all ground combos with Crouching MP...avoid cross ups on wake up by using soul spiral.....

EX Soul throw is good if you use it right...but if you whiff...Ryu will have all the time in the world to punish......

Watch out for his focus and tatsu....

Well this is what I do when I take a Ryu on...anyone else have any thoughts?

DVS

How awesome are those soul satellite juggles!!!

Have to see whether it's possible to do them mid screen also..........not too damaging -but I bet the stun is up there.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nOA9RWqEfM