• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Daigo vs Luffy at the WBC in Cannes 2010

Started by DVS, March 09, 2010, 06:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iXnPd7POao&feature=player_embedded

it's awesome to see someone using a console character in high level play...given that Luffy only came third in this tournament he still gave Daigo a really good run for his money...even beating him in this set......

Rose is one of my favourite characters and as far as I know only Munta and myself use her regularly......

I hope to see a rebalance in Super with more upsets for the top of the tier listing.....this tournament was a funny one...no Sagats in sight

"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

maelgrim

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

DVS

Hellz yeah....

I'm interested to see that Roses Ultra 2 in play....juggles on....both offence and defensive uses....Hopefully her reflect & soul throw are a lot stronger too....apparently now you can FP, Strong Reflect, FADC into soul throw........

I was having a jam the other day online (Budafists account) and did a soul spark (from mid screen) FADC (after it had just connected) -then straight into Ultra   :o ....as far as I know it's the only link she has into her Ultra in SF4 (apart from a crumple focus)......I nearly jizzed my pants when it landed..... :P

I also had a Rose mirror wif some fulla for the first time ever online......we did the whole multiple refelects back and forward...it actually speeds up each time it is reflected....

Soul Spiral cancel into super also looks awesome....

Bring on the Rose I say!

B BOY DRAW2

Faaaark yeah...good match man!!!
That's a lot of pressure playing against the beast...and to win!?...that's awesome!!!
and everyone likes to see the underdog comeback to win!!!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

DVS

For sure bro,

Rose does fuck all damage so you have to rush down like a muthafucker.....in saying that the Ryu match up isn't that bad....her crouching MP is gangster

Real problems are Blanka, Balrog and Sagat......

Skullator

Fuck that was an awesome watch, thanks for sharing

But holy shit Daigo has clearly done alot of console downloading haha, he was not ill prepared for that shit at ALL!
Which really makes that Rose's effort in the game all the more impressive..

DVS

All good man,

I try to watch as many tournaments as possible...eventhubs is an awesome source....

Most of them are Sagat raping everyone so I don't bother to post them unless there interesting...

But a top three placing with Rose thats unheard of.......Luffy is my new hero

zos'la

The Japaness only play arcade chars, so its not suprising they dunno they matchup.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Those were quite a good watch. Compared to how basic the rest of SF4 is, reflect is actually a fairly interesting mechanic. And the one that negates the fireball builds almost a full bar of meter, which is nuts.

I need to look at her frame data as well, i always find weird that she is safe after those spirals.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 10, 2010, 02:03:23 PM
Those were quite a good watch. Compared to how basic the rest of SF4 is, reflect is actually a fairly interesting mechanic. And the one that negates the fireball builds almost a full bar of meter, which is nuts.

I need to look at her frame data as well, i always find weird that she is safe after those spirals.
it depends on range, I've reversal them before Im sure when playing Marc.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

DVS

Daigo knows the match up man.....he'd been having money matches months ago against console characters -Rose included......

As it was he jumped onto practise mode against Rose after losing...sussed her out and didn't even drop a round againgst Luffy....

All that being said.....he got beat......

------------------------------------------------

Ditto what Fluxcore said.....

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Wonder what Fuerte can punish it with?

Although this is a discussion for another topic methinks. Ill have to give munta some more games. In the few games we've had Ive been approaching it a lot like the ryu match and having fairly good success, but the recovery on the spirals throws me off.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

Quote from: DVS on March 09, 2010, 07:28:27 PM

I was having a jam the other day online (Budafists account) and did a soul spark (from mid screen) FADC (after it had just connected) -then straight into Ultra   :o ....as far as I know it's the only link she has into her Ultra in SF4 (apart from a crumple focus)......I nearly jizzed my pants when it landed..... :P

I also had a Rose mirror wif some fulla for the first time ever online......we did the whole multiple refelects back and forward...it actually speeds up each time it is reflected....

Soul Spiral cancel into super also looks awesome....

Bring on the Rose I say!

Yeah bro landing a Soul Spark or even FADCing a reflect into Ultra is power cool. I've only done it a handful of times in a real match myself. But when you land it... Awesome! Something about hitting someone with their own fireball to link an ultra is just so awesome.

As for mirrors I'm a bit scared about facing you in a tournament since I don't know shit about Rose vs Rose as a matchup  ;)
Quote from: DVS on March 09, 2010, 09:10:56 PM
For sure bro,

Rose does fuck all damage so you have to rush down like a muthafucker.....in saying that the Ryu match up isn't that bad....her crouching MP is gangster

Real problems are Blanka, Balrog and Sagat......

Completely agreed. Blanka, Rog and Sagat are a pain in the arse. Geif can be a pain too. It's not hard just boring as hell. Having to rush down all the time to win with Rose is awesome. If you manage to scrape a perfect is awesome because each round takes so long to win.  :)

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 10, 2010, 03:36:46 PM

Although this is a discussion for another topic methinks. Ill have to give munta some more games. In the few games we've had Ive been approaching it a lot like the ryu match and having fairly good success, but the recovery on the spirals throws me off.

Yeah it's true it's all distance dependent. Sometimes I just throw out a few more jabs just to get safe distance. But nothings worse than wiffing a spiral in someones face.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 10, 2010, 03:36:46 PM

EX spiral is -6 on block, LK spiral is -8 on block - as far as I know, these are the two versions you'll see the most... but saying this, unless they're performed at point blank range, they'll probably be unpunishable... IMO, your best bet is to just keep blocking... Rose's point blank mixup options aren't that scary. Tech the throw and get to a more suitable range
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla