• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Help TE stick buttons, bubble tops

Started by xpunch, March 21, 2010, 11:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpunch

can some1 help me as i dnt know what kind of buttons will fit into my TE.

http://in2amusements.com.au/catalog/Seimitsu_Parts-24-1.html
will these bubble tops fit on my TE

and what buttons will be the correct ones to get.
http://in2amusements.com.au/catalog/Sanwa_Parts-23-2.html

B BOY DRAW2

Yeah man...generally the Seimitsu and Sanwa Ball tops (35mm) will both fit the TE stick... it's only if you look at the larger diameter ball tops (45mm) and bat tops that you'll need an adapter.

LB-35 Sanwa ball tops & Seimitsu LB-35 ball tops and LB-39 Bubble tops are sweet!!!

For push buttons I recommend the screw-in type over the snap-in...
Sanwa OBSN-30 & Seimitsu PS-14 screw in buttons for your punch and kick buttons.
Select and Start I've left with the defaults.

I've got some OBSF-30 Sanwa snap-in buttons...and don't get me wrong...they're good!!!
just prefer the screw-in buttons. like they just fit super snug and flush with my plexi where as my snap-in lot took a bit of fiddling to get them flush and flat to the plexi.
Right now I'm using Seimitsu PS-14 screw-in buttons...very different to my Sanwa buttons.
Sanwa's feel pretty sensitive...but since I've been using my Seimitsu's I feel like I have to be more precise and feel like they've helped tighten my game. Hella quiet too!!!

And if you plan on changing your art out a lot...the snap-in's lose their tightness after being changed a bit...and start to move around a little... :-\

That's just my preference though.

Hope that helps you with your decision  :)
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

xpunch

Thanks B Boy, you made my mind up for me  ;D
Seimitsu PS-14 it is.

also is in2amusements.com.au the best place to buy them from?

B BOY DRAW2

Yikes  :o

haha...they're just my preference bruv...
Maybe wait and see what some others have to say...?

I really like the Sanwa's...and I knew I wanted screw-in buttons...but I wanted clear ones and couldn't find Sanwa clear buttons so had to get Seimitsu's. (PS-14)

And regarding that store...I've never seen it before...it might be all good!?
I don't know too many stores though so I've done my orders through Lizardlick in the states.

http://lizardlick.com/

My first order seemed pricey, but the NZ dollar was actually really strong at the time...but was mainly the shipping because I didn't skimp on it...first class styles, and shit got here pretty fast.
My most recent order for my Seimitsu's shipped using the least expensive option...and if you're a patient dude...that stuff will turn up in a nice package...but will take just under a month...and the track & trace on it only tells you when it leaves the states...but it got here!!!  :)
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

fluxcore

Word of warning about the sanwa screw in buttons... they won't fit in the LK position on the TE stick due the stick mounting bracket. Snap ins are fine, and seimitsu screw ins are fine, but the sanwa 'nut' is too thick to fit at all.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

also,  xpunch have you had a blast on lennys TE?
its got semitsu's , personally i dont like them at all because theyre alot ' springier ' than the sanwas so make sure you like the feel of them before getting them and then realising you like the sanwa buttons more.
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

If youre really hardcore you can use a seimitsu nut on sanwa buttons, but thats just insane.

Actually, while im at it, Im using screw in sanwas on the PS3 stick i built, but the nuts (specifically, the MK nut) like to come loose fairly often. And im talking like, full on coming OFF. Which doesnt make any sense, since i cant actually rotate the buttons enough to cause anything to unscrew because of the wiring.

Its starting to annoy me TBH. I think ill use snap-ins next time, and just make my control panel lighter.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

You tightening the shit outta those nuts?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on March 22, 2010, 01:35:10 PM
You tightening the shit outta those nuts?

Gripping them and twisting them like no tomorrow.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

xpunch

oh man lucky i didnt go through with the order last night lol i was going with the screw in swana's thanks flux for the heads up  ;D i was going to get those ones just becasue they were screw in.

U-man, i find lennys stick abit harder to play on, but i do like the look of the Seimitsu PS-14-KN see through type buttons, but i think im going to stick with the snap in swana's  since bills screw in swana's are playing up and im not to keen on the seimitsu buttons.

Thanks Flux, U-man, BBoy, and BGirl  :P helped me out alot  ;D

Um does anyone know where i could get proper art from?
I need to get rid of my budget A4 art .

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Most of us make our own i think. Which reminds me i need to suss mine out.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

xpunch

okay time to print out another A4, damn it.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: xpunch on March 22, 2010, 04:33:54 PM
okay time to print out another A4, damn it.

I would personally try and find the dimensions for the TE, and then jump in photoshop, fire something out, and get it printed professionally. Seems like a lot of effort, but that shit is gonna last you quite a while.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Screw you guys!!! Seimetsu's feel weird to you cause you aren't manly enough for them!!!

/cry

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

xpunch

haha i think we need 2 oil up before we use Seimetsu's  ;D

I made my order just now and the cost was $64 NZL including shipping. $48.65 AUS
2x Sanwa OBSF-30 Red
2x Sanwa OBSF-30 Dark Blue
2x Sanwa OBSF-30 Yellow
1x Seimitsu LB-39 Bubble Top PIMP GANSTA PURPLE lol not violet thats for girls :P