• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Why don't more NZism people use GGPO?

Started by Lennysaurus, March 23, 2010, 11:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinolicious

Quote from: zosla on March 24, 2010, 08:44:27 AM
I don't want to say it but... Smoofologist!!!!

Honestly whats with the hate with SF4? too over reacted tbh, like EA sports says "it's just a game" like it then you play it.

EA Sports... It's in the Game

ANYWAY
I just need to get off my ass and back into it.  Loved playing GGPO online.  Even with my scrubiness, I feel I'm better at ST than I am SF4.  Says the Tekken Player.

At a new place, so need to re-setup port forwarding etc, but first, need to reset router/modem cause i forgot the password on it, but before that I need to contact telecom/xtra cause I forgot my password to that.  Before that, I need to get my father in-law to give me authorisation on his telecom account cause it's under his name.

Yeah, I need to get off my ass.
<PSN> Kriselda

redtie

@gunsmoke

I don't think ggpo uses much bandwidth at all cause like whenever I get capped I still get pretty good connections to people. Feels pretty much the same as if im not capped. That set a while back against lenny and toomeke was with me capped and it was very playable.

I agree we need some kind of set time for when everyone's on. I want to play some hyperfighting but that rooms always dead. And someone please play SFA2 so I can spectate and learn some shiiiiiiittttt

Tournament would be cool

I'll be on tonight, probably drunk though

Chuckk

I was just trolling sort of.
The only game I really play is 3rd strike, and I play in the arcade so I don't want to fuck with that.

Other games? sure I'd play on GGPO, but have no way to talk to a lot of you guys cause my IRC broke, and not super keen on vent until I met some dudes.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

fluxcore

Quote from: redtie on March 24, 2010, 12:18:40 PM
@gunsmoke
I want to play some hyperfighting but that rooms always dead. And someone please play SFA2 so I can spectate and learn some shiiiiiiittttt

Tournament would be cool

There's a problem with Hyperfighting in that it has random frameskipping, so the game desyncs often enough that no-one plays it. The next best thing is Anniversary Edition, since you can select hyper fighting chars.

I'm sure we can sort something out for A2... I reckon Lenny and I would be happy to play some more games...

And a couple of tournaments have been tried, but basically online tournaments don't work, due to humanity.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Barnstorm

Quote from: boringryu on March 24, 2010, 01:06:39 PM
I was just trolling sort of.
The only game I really play is 3rd strike, and I play in the arcade so I don't want to fuck with that.

Other games? sure I'd play on GGPO, but have no way to talk to a lot of you guys cause my IRC broke, and not super keen on vent until I met some dudes.

bro vent is all good
everyone is welcoming
once they/me get to know you then trash talk can begin

i still dont know which player you are are you the guy with the shadowloo tshirt?