• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

The 'What are you playing right now?' Thread

Started by redtie, April 12, 2010, 07:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

Nah, can't make one but would have been awesome if you could.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on January 23, 2011, 12:24:37 AM
Yeah probably is. We should bust out an N64 tournament day lol. I had cousins over last week and tried to put on the N64 for them but it didn't start. Gotta check that shit out cause it has been in perfect running condition since christmas the year it came out.

Bro what about that cheat on the snow stage when you could just go up around the hill and it would count a lap haha. Yoshi stage was my favourite. Seperate's the kids from teh beasts for sure. I was a kid beast though. Diddy Kong racing had better one player though. I don't know what the multiplayer like on that game. I miss the N64 games.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

MK64 cheats are pretty broken on some maps. Yeah you're thinking of frappe snowland. There are some maps where there are even stupider shortcuts.

I think this is the funniest shit to watch:

Alot of this whole set is them attempting the shortcuts in every map. Which is why for time trials there's pretty much shortcut times and non-shortcut times. But these guys use their mini turbos so well and their ssmts (straight stretch mini turbos) are crazy. That shit is so hard in MK64. When doing it in MKDS it doesn't turn you as much so that's why you can snake.

Rorooze

Only shortcuts I remember were Wario Raceway, Rainbow Road and DK Jungle. the DK jungle one was so difficult to pull off, I only got it once or twice.

Will have to look at that when I'm not at work :o

amendonz

i remember quite a few, the one massiah chucked up took me back hard, my brothers mates were hardcore nerds at that stage and knew this shit inside out, was good tho, learnt how to mish around to the spawn points in goldeneye, all the hidden areas. thats it i'm getting a n64 next.

speaking of old school (not sure i'd call n64 retro just yet) just scored me a 2nd mega drive with 17 games including the classics streets of rage 2, etc for $30, stoked as fuck. and a nes off another mate for $30, 2 controls no games :(, got a snes too, only got ssf2 for it tho,

anyone else still play their old consoles?

LN

Mega drive 1 or 2?

Also, you wouldn't happen to have a spare mega drive 2 AV cable that plugs into RCA would you?
There is no knowledge that is not power

Lennysaurus

Ive still got a Master System 2 somewhere.  Got like Wonderboy 2 and 3, Sonic 1, and E-SWAT.  Was at my dad's place still the last time I saw it.

E-SWAT was fucking awesome.  You were like a dude that got turned into a mean as fuck robot and you totally shot up all these dudes.  Was awesome.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

LN

also, there's a "list your consoles" thread lying around somewhere from back in the mists of time

edit: found it
http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,40.0.html
There is no knowledge that is not power

CrazyMobius

I really like arcade version of ESWAT but the consoles versions were different. The arcade version was very clean and systematic. The console versions were very chaotic. It's like they tried to make things more complicated on inferior software. Doesn't make sense.

ESWAT followed the Sega tradition of no continues on the last stage. This was a bummer because it meant it was harder to memorise the enemies patterns.

Still didn't stop me finishing Shinobi on one credit. BAM!

Lennysaurus

Totally dude.  I used to hate Shinobi.  Could never get past the Helicopter.

I clocked every version of E-Swat.  Felt so cash.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

amendonz

Quote from: LN on January 24, 2011, 09:47:53 AM
Mega drive 1 or 2?

Also, you wouldn't happen to have a spare mega drive 2 AV cable that plugs into RCA would you?

mega drive 2, i think, i'm picking it up this afternoon, nah man no spare cables, i rock rf anyway, auto tune on my sony trinitrons mint as. mate at work has an insane collection i'll ask him, hes got about 22 different consoles, including 3do, 32x, jaguar, etc...

as well as heaps of doubles..

samurai black

decided to play chrono trigger again.

on DS this time tho'

massi4h

My first console was either a gameboy or sega master system ii. Built in with Sonic 2 iirc but I was shit scared of that game when I was little. I'd roll down a hill and fly off that hook then sometimes I'd land on a crab and be so terrified. I had shadow dancer rather than Shinobi, that game was cool. I had (still have in my room) a light gun (the one fps doug has) and had shooting gallery and rescue mission. Those games were so much fun. I think I should try bust it out again and see how much I own on shooting gallery.

That's right I need a working DS to finish Chrono Trigger pretty much the only RPG I like.

redtie

So what is so special about fallout 3? I played it for like 8hours straight and its the same old shit. I get excited everytime it glitches though. This is the most glitchiest game I've ever played. Enemies floating mid-air, enemies stuck in the ground from the waist up. Pressing reload, and having it reload twice in a row. Randomly crashing. Did they even test this game before putting it on shelves?

originaljulz

Got the willpower to make it further than chapter 2 in Final Fantasy XIII. (Chapter 11 atm.)

Pretty much everything everyone says it is is true. Annoying as fuck characters, battle system is horribly shallow. I mean, I understand why they did it. Doesn't mean it's an excuse for such boring combat. It really is just mashing X. To put it in perspective, I was versing the big boss at the middle of the game, and I needed to take a piss, but it takes ages cos he has bajillions of health so I didn't want to pause it so I just set my Paradigim to Lightning-Ravager, Fang-Sentinel, Hope-Medic, and I took the controller with me and just mashed X while I took a piss (lol the bathroom is on the other side of the wall from my room). Came back, continued mashing X for 10 more minutes, won battle.

It's still a Final Fantasy though, so it's real pretty (cutscenes and gameplay and everything) and the music is awesome. Main theme makes me want to cry.

I still have a working PS1 and a G-con gun. Somebody money match me at Point Blank 2.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!