• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

The 'What are you playing right now?' Thread

Started by redtie, April 12, 2010, 07:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

originaljulz

Quote from: Nick4now on February 12, 2011, 10:05:36 PM
Ok I'm still playing FFXIII and I arrived at Gran Pulse probably last week? I've just been running around doing missions lol I finally finished doing 18 and spent forever looking for mission 19 until I realised that I'm meant to progress through the actual storyline to find it haha

Fuck I've got so much excess CP points now. Damn this game! How dare they cap my leveling up! Ahh well, I've done 29 missions now. How many are there in total anyways?

Like, 40? I ran around on Gran Pulse for a while, but it was just getting loot (even the loot you're meant to be too weak to get) and killing shit that should be too strong. But I didn't do many missions. Protip: just before you go and fight the last battle, there's a bit where there's a Sanctum templar with this ceith dude which you can't stagger, a duo of woodwraith spirit things or w/e (Jabberwocky and Bandersnatch) and a lone no stagger ceith thing all up this ramp thing. Go kill them all for a massive 32,000cp each, and make them respawn just by running down to the save point. That's where I'm grinding atm. Completely leveled as far as I can go before the final crystarium expansion, working my way back up to 999,999cp till I kill the boss, get the last expansion and go rapin the mark missions.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

samurai black

got the dragon warrior armour in DQIX and fuck it looks cool :D

dont care that i have stuff with better stats, they dont look as awesome

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: samurai black on February 13, 2011, 01:42:08 PM
got the dragon warrior armour in DQIX and fuck it looks cool :D

dont care that i have stuff with better stats, they dont look as awesome

I hate it when that happens in games ay. You have to wear the gay looking shit.

That's what i hate about racing games, you have to pick a car you don't really like if you want to stand a chance. You could never pick the wrx or the mint looking old school cars. You would be racing yourself lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Nick4now

Quote from: originaljulz on February 12, 2011, 10:59:29 PM
Like, 40? I ran around on Gran Pulse for a while, but it was just getting loot (even the loot you're meant to be too weak to get) and killing shit that should be too strong. But I didn't do many missions. Protip: just before you go and fight the last battle, there's a bit where there's a Sanctum templar with this ceith dude which you can't stagger, a duo of woodwraith spirit things or w/e (Jabberwocky and Bandersnatch) and a lone no stagger ceith thing all up this ramp thing. Go kill them all for a massive 32,000cp each, and make them respawn just by running down to the save point. That's where I'm grinding atm. Completely leveled as far as I can go before the final crystarium expansion, working my way back up to 999,999cp till I kill the boss, get the last expansion and go rapin the mark missions.

Sweet! I'll remember that when I get there  8) I'm up to Chapter 12 and am I the only one who only uses Lightning/Hope (what a fag)/Fang unless I have to use the other chars? These three just seem way better than the other three imo

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

originaljulz

Yeah Lightning/Fang/Hope is pretty much the best balanced team through the game. What I did though was just stick to them, and levelled them with all the CP I gained, and just let the other three collect it all. Then when I finished the last fight and got the final crystarium expansion, I put it all into Snow's Sentinel tech tree, Sazh's Synergist and Vanille's Medic. Then at the end of the game you've gotten right to the end for those three, and they're like, super Sent/Syner/Medic.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

samurai black

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 13, 2011, 02:55:00 PM
I hate it when that happens in games ay. You have to wear the gay looking shit.

yeah, but how often does that happen? like most rpgs (jap ones anyway) dont really have a visual change when you equip new gear. you just look the same but you do more damage/take less damage etc.

although it is nice when the coolest outfit in the game is also the best one. like ezio in altairs armour.

and it sucks when the best gear looks the worst. like the abyssal armour in darksiders.

Chuckk

Finished Bayonetta, kinda shit. Playing Assassins Creed 2 now and enjoying it. Started Dead Space last night and hah, making some loud swearing noises at surprise necromorphs.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Baroooeee.... Bayonettas is fucking mean game man. It shits on AC2 in my books. I love deadspace. It's so much more scaryier when your blazed.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

amendonz

jade empire on xbox 1, prob my favorite bioware game to be honest, really hope they make a new one

samurai black

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 14, 2011, 06:46:56 PM
Baroooeee.... Bayonettas is fucking mean game man. It shits on AC2 in my books.

i like bayo but its missing something. smoof and i were talking about it last week before ranbats but i forgot what conclusion we came to. i myself definitely like AC2 more.

Chuckk

I liked the game most of the way through then it just got kinda eh. It's obviously a DMC clone but somehow with a shittier story shitty pointless characters. The game itself was pretty fun and looked fucking good though. I'm glad I played it, but I'm also glad I returned it.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I thought it was better than DMC aswell. I though both the stories were meh. I just like all the boss battles and how you can change her hair, and everything that DMC had, Bayonetta had more of. EVERYTHING.

She could change into animals and when she defeated a boss the transformations were epic and had you feeling truly powerful. Playing vollyball with that once huge fucking boss was epic.

Leveling up was more in depth and shit. And actually the story was better imo. Had heaps of different angles of gameplay too. LIke controlling the outta the ordinary shit.

The cut scenes were epic as fuck too. Like Kill Bill with powers. AC2 looks like hercules and Xena sort of shit lol.

AC2 was overated as imo and it felt like i was grinding to just hurry up and clock it to see the ending. Everytime another mission would come up i'd be like 'oh, wtf? When's the ending?'.

Maybe i'm just a sucker for that sort of shit lol. And i didn't get the story at all in AC2. Maybe it woulda helped if i did.

Chuckk

I'm enjoying AC2 mostly because killing people with hidden blades and counters is satisfying, but I've studied the time period and the art of the period and it's really cool to see it all in the game. Combat wise the game actually fucks me off. Whenever I engage in a fight and try to block an attack it doesn't bring out my blade until I start mashing attack and then block, just fucking annoying. The game is a massive fucking grind, I can see that already, as far as everything but the story goes, but I'll probably just do shit when it seems interesting while following the story.

Bayonetta had it's moments, it just got kind of too ridiculous for me, and actually the ending reminded me hella of DMC2. I think you're right, it definitely has shit DMC didn't, but it has had plenty of time to take the good shit out of DMC. The sword was pretty sick though, and so was the panther form, that shit was epic. The whole last few chapters just got ass, just like in Castlevania, it had a sick setting going and then it fucked it up with this ludicrous shit everywhere vortex bullshit. Might just be me though.
It was definitely worth playing tho. I'd keep it and go through and do everything but what's the point with Marvel out this week haha.

I'm banned from playing Dead Space at night cause I yell FUCKKK at shit when it surprises me on the TV, so that'll have to keep til tomorrow. I'm still only on the first chapter and only having the plasma cutter scares me to shit.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

samurai black

playing The World Ends With You.

and because i love kingdom hearts, this game also appeals to me. but the dual screen thing is so weird and im unco as fuck trying to play it 'properly'

also jamming some monster hunter tri :D