• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Proudly Presents - NZ Fighting Game Nationals 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, April 21, 2010, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: CrazyMobius on May 16, 2010, 09:53:54 PM
Man I remember those times. Those crazy, wack times. I wonder if Hai plays SF4.
Hai ?? Is he vietnamese ?? I remember there was a Vietnamese player in Yifans ages ago, he's pretty decent in MVC2. It was 8 years ago when I first played MVC2 and met him. I don't know any Viet players around other than him and he disappeared shortly after i met him....... would be nice to see him again.

I'm the only Viet player in NZ =.= I'm a lonely killer. lol

CrazyMobius

He could be but I'm not sure. In any case I haven't seen that guy in ages.

fretai03

Quote from: gunsmoke on May 17, 2010, 12:05:07 AM
Man who is this ??? ??? ??? lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D yea bro Marvel for life  hahaha :P

Sup Ben, its Fred.

Not sure if you remember me (I'm sure Joe will fill you in). I remember when you were working at that restaurant in Parnell and Joe & myself would come pick you up for a jam lol Fun times hahaha

Is your Ironman up to scratch yet or are you still jamming with team Clockwork haha
I'm sure you're an even better player now.

zos'la

Lenny I should remind you to discuss about the setups we should have for SSF4.
As we all been moaning and groaning about this I think something needs to be put forward and let everyone know what is the prefer setup for us when tournaments are running.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on May 17, 2010, 08:33:29 AM
Lenny I should remind you to discuss about the setups we should have for SSF4.
As we all been moaning and groaning about this I think something needs to be put forward and let everyone know what is the prefer setup for us when tournaments are running.

Rorooze is bringing some equipment to ranbats this week that we can use to check lag on the setups.  So basically we are gonna check the tv's and the monitors at giga and get the readings for each of them using different cables etc.  When we know what our best option is we will move forward with that from now on.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CptMunta

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on May 15, 2010, 12:51:28 AM
Also bigups to Marc for helping with prizes.  I'll PM you the adress to send them to me.  Jack and Fong have offered to take the Shirts over to OZ APAC and have them signed by Daigo.

No problem man, glad I could help out :)

I'll send the shirts off this week. Getting them signed by Daigo is a brilliant idea! Good thinking! Make sure someone contacts the Ozhadou crew so they can get a meeting setup up for signage.  A bit jealous now  ;)

Ryu t-shirts signed by Daigo! Legendary!

Hopefully the NZism FGC DVD comes to light or even a torrent download of it. I'd be really keen to see it since I can't be there :'(  Make sure you some interviews and tour of Giga with all the setup while it's packed.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

zos'la

Yeah,for sure I am getting my stick signed by Daigo!! :P not gona miss that chance.

Also I am lending a spanner to Jack so he can do the honor to Daigo's Hand :) muahahahhaha

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on May 17, 2010, 10:25:00 AM
Yeah,for sure I am getting my stick signed by Daigo!! :P not gona miss that chance.

Also I am lending a spanner to Jack so he can do the honor to Daigo's Hand :) muahahahhaha

This was just about the most homoerotic thing ive read on this forum. And given all the conversations that degenerate into the topic of lennys wang, i think that is really saying something.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

er no sure what ur on about and how homoerotic this is but the spanner was actually for Jack to make sure daigo don't compete :)

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: zosla on May 17, 2010, 11:22:46 AM
er no sure what ur on about and how homoerotic this is but the spanner was actually for Jack to make sure daigo don't compete :)

Mission description: Hard Trial number 25
1. Andy comes up and shake Daigo's hand.
2. Jack "teleport" behind Daigo & Activate "raging demon" mode.
3. Using the spanner, Jack hit Daigo's hand as hard as he can.
4. Jack, Fong & Andy have to do Dan's Super Taunt at the same time before running away from the scene.

Success !!!

zos'la

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on May 17, 2010, 11:37:38 AM
Mission description: Hard Trial number 25
1. Andy comes up and shake Daigo's hand.
2. Jack "teleport" behind Daigo & Activate "raging demon" mode.
3. Using the spanner, Jack hit Daigo's hand as hard as he can.
4. Jack, Fong & Andy have to do Dan's Super Taunt at the same time before running away from the scene.

Success !!!

WAHAHAHA!!!
damn right chigga :P
PWNED by the wraith of the raging SPANNER!!!

On TOPic,
Lenny I think the the Tv's at Giga are definitely okay with xbox setups, we can go VGA if we have to but I think the HDMI is fine.
We can always put a poll up I guess....

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on May 17, 2010, 12:00:34 PM
WAHAHAHA!!!
damn right chigga :P
PWNED by the wraith of the raging SPANNER!!!

On TOPic,
Lenny I think the the Tv's at Giga are definitely okay with xbox setups, we can go VGA if we have to but I think the HDMI is fine.
We can always put a poll up I guess....

I definitely notice the difference on HDMi tbh andy.  I have actually found some info on SRK about that particular brand, and have found what they reccomend are the "optimal" settings for the TV's there.  TBH the testing is so that we will have actual numbers rather than half the peeps going, "um... feels laggy" and the other half saying "feels good to me!", cause tbh no matter what setup we use we get differing opinions.

I basically just want to be able to point to a setup and say "Hey, we tested it and this setup lags X amount, so we can/can't use it." 

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on May 17, 2010, 12:54:02 PM
I definitely notice the difference on HDMi tbh andy.  I have actually found some info on SRK about that particular brand, and have found what they reccomend are the "optimal" settings for the TV's there.  TBH the testing is so that we will have actual numbers rather than half the peeps going, "um... feels laggy" and the other half saying "feels good to me!", cause tbh no matter what setup we use we get differing opinions.

I basically just want to be able to point to a setup and say "Hey, we tested it and this setup lags X amount, so we can/can't use it."

agreed,
lets put it to works this coming friday.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Given that we are apparently using DC's for marvel, should probably update the OP
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.