• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv] Phoenix Lenny on September 11, 2010, 03:20:40 PM
OBJECTION!!!  The defense presents the following!

As long as EX green hand leaves him at equal or plus frames on hit it'll be fine I reckon.  I agree with Alan in saying that it'll make him more Zangiefy. Be interesting to know what they add to him to compensate.  Reckon they should give him his awesome cr. feirce from the alpha games.

hmmmmmmm equal or plus frames on hit?.....that would make things interesting

and what is this "more zangiefy" thingy that you speak off? ??? as i've never played gief in any other SF
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: [FB] WICK3D WAYZ on September 12, 2010, 01:00:16 AM
hmmmmmmm equal or plus frames on hit?.....that would make things interesting

and what is this "more zangiefy" thingy that you speak off? ??? as i've never played gief in any other SF

this will probably explain it for you .

in no other game has Gief had an extremely fast invincible knockdown attack that he can hit confirm combos into, never before has he gotten such free and close meaty pressure after spd/360+k, never before has he had damaging hit confirmable knockdown combos that start with jabs/shorts, never before has he had normals like standing roundhouse and standing strong, never before has he been able to focus through fireballs, never before has he had what is effectively two different chances for 720 supers, and rarely has the difference between his huge life total and damage output and his opponents' life and damage output been so obvious.
This Gief is very different from all previous Giefs.

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

massi4h

Yeah but tbh half those arguments apply to all the characters. I don't think any other SF games had combos into sweep other than jump ins. SF4 is a pretty combo heavy game while the previous games really aren't.

Nick4now

Quote from: massi4h on September 12, 2010, 01:32:22 AM
Yeah but tbh half those arguments apply to all the characters. I don't think any other SF games had combos into sweep other than jump ins. SF$ is a pretty combo heavy game while the previous games really aren't.

You obviously didn't watch my match against Imag  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on September 12, 2010, 01:26:51 AM
this will probably explain it for you .

in no other game has Gief had an extremely fast invincible knockdown attack that he can hit confirm combos into, never before has he gotten such free and close meaty pressure after spd/360+k, never before has he had damaging hit confirmable knockdown combos that start with jabs/shorts, never before has he had normals like standing roundhouse and standing strong, never before has he been able to focus through fireballs, never before has he had what is effectively two different chances for 720 supers, and rarely has the difference between his huge life total and damage output and his opponents' life and damage output been so obvious.
This Gief is very different from all previous Giefs.

the previous gief sounds like balls >:( lol
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

Nick4now

Nah dispite the fact that he's at the bottom of the tierlist in all the SF2 games he wasn't balls att all. I'm really finding it hard to explain what's not so "Giefy" about SSF4 Gief so all I can say is to try him out in ST  and maybe you'll understand :D

But yeah I'd have to say he really doesn't feel like Gief to me either which is why I don't main him like I do in HF/ST/CVS2.

Nick4now

Lennysaurus

The big difference with gief in these games is how easily he gets forward movement.  He has loads of options that move him closer to you.  (e.g.: st. roundhouse, cr. roundhouse, ex green hand).

In the other games, I think he had more options for damage at different ranges, but in SSFIV, everything is about getting the knockdown and then lol mixup with him.

He was still really good in the other games for other reasons (pretty much every game except ST and CVS2), but in this game he just feels really different.  I guess I played him for 15 years in a very different way, and when SFIV popped he felt really different.  Not necessarily bad of course, but definitely different.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CrazyMobius

These changes are all awesome as now it seems like a new game to learn! I only wish I could see the faces of the scrubs who don't follow SF on the net after they download the patch lol.

fluxcore

Sigh, more:

source: http://shoryuken.com/content/late-day-1-changes-super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-location-test-1735/
Relayed by SilvR_Fury:

"Gouken's LP rush punch has no forward movement, but is faster.
His counter is now DP + Punch. LP for low body counter, MP for upper, HP is unclear.

Rose lost all invincibility on Soul Satellite.

So Mak gets Armor Break EX Hayate, more invincibility on Oroshi, and a damage boost on Fukiage.

Abel:
command grab damage nerf
more recovery on breathless

Fuerte's Ultra Spark got a damage nerf, not surprising.

Hawk now has a standalone EX Condor Dive (KKK), and can be done on back jumps." (more after the jump)

"[/i]Makoto:
ex dash punch breaks armor
ex chop (the overhead move) has more invincible frames
uppercut buff (no detail)

Adon:
wakeup time changed

Sagat:
more recovery on tiger knee
damage BUFF on tiger uppercut

credit to _Xenon_ & USD on Gaf"[/i]

From LowlietL:

"Impossible to take a single picture, they keep a big eye on stranger.

Vega : Ex flip kick = viable reversal now.
Less damage on ex wall dive grab.

Cody : faster walk speed, ex zonk distance is shorter.

Sagat : Vanilla's standing lk is back. One hit, special cancelable, vanilla distance, does near 40dmg. lk TK is vanilla like, mk and hk are useless.
More recovery on high TS. His ts game is lame.

Guy : As thing goes, he looks way more viable. Hitbox tweak on mp hp combo, more hit stun on elbow. U2 is decent now, less recovery on whiff, distance fixed.
His flip grab has been toned down, 120 damage instead of 200."

More from LowlietL:

"I played one character : GUY. Sorry fellows, the queue was far too long, so instead of just waiting like a pussy brawler, i've just watched the people playing.

Like I said earlier : Guy has his target combo ( the MP HP ) fixed. It doesn't whiff on croucher anymore. I played against a cammy player and he didn't whiff once on her crouching.
Hp Hozanto is faster than before. I saw a Guy player catch Chun's mp Kikoken with it from decent distance.
I was wrong about elbow having more hitstun, it's still the same.
Lp hozanto is safe from spd and light hawk spd.

U2 : less recovery on whiff and the distance has been fixed. ( Almost like rose's normal grab ) Ultra of choice without any hesitation.

Flip grab has been toned DOWN. The lp flip grab is the same, but the window-grab on mp hp flip grab make them more useless than before.
Damage is 120.

No faster walk speed, no invicility on Ex hozanto, no faster recovery ect Beside of the thing stated above he looks exactly the same, but he's definitvely a better fighter."

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

moose!

DID I JUST READ HAWK CAN BACKWARDS JUMP CONDOR DIVE?!
:D :D :D
CONSIDER ME EXCITED!

So much for unlearning bad habits

fluxcore

For anyone wondering about the rose change:
Rose has 5 frames of invincibility, which exactly covers its 5 frames of startup, and it has no recovery (technically its recovery is the startup). That's why Rose can block immediately afterwards.

In the AE Loc Test, since it has no invincibility, it can now lose to meaties and whatever else that can hit her before startup frames are finished.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Good to hear Guys target combo has been "fixed" - the current hitboxes on it are actually pretty awful - almost to the point where you simply can't use it at all, as it's so inconsistent across the entire roster - it's standing/crouching, distance AND character specific. I don't expect it to connect from max MP range or anything like that, but a little stability would be nice. This buff alone will make Guy more viable, IMO.

I'm a little worried about all the damage nerfs that seem to be coming through - not so much on ultras or whatever, but just standalone mixups... I know they're trying to promote an aggressive game and all, so nerfing reversal damage kind of makes sense, but yeah... Who knows - I guess I'm worried the rewards for getting in won't be as high any more with the damage reduction - but I guess that's what you get when moves that take 50% and require no strategy to obtain are commonplace.

In saying that, I'm really keen to get my hands on this. Yay!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Yah guy changes were very much needed. Looking forward to having a crack with him. If they can fix his st.forward as as well he'd be waaaaaaaaay better.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CrazyMobius

Does anyone know the location test schedule?