• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

I told ppl kens EX tatsu was BS overhead and they were like nah it aint overhead lol, glad that's gone as it was a really rare overhead situation and a nuisance to deal with lol.
Glad about rufus u2 anti air not catching you for full anymore, wonder if its like an extremely low damage whiff recover thing, or more like a few missed hits like his u1 used to whiff.

On second thoughts going over most chars current changes I don't think Chun's going to change much at all, but I truly don't care either.
Looking forward to see Mak's changes though.

fluxcore

Oh another thing, what was wrong with Vega U2 that means it needs to have more startup? It was already safejumpable.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Skullator

vega ultra 2 was as far as I knew, already garbage =\
Doesn't make sence, never seen James using it outside of maybe a ... bait and punish type ultra? Or a wake up ultra perhaps lol. Guess it makes them scared to jump? But u1 can do that too.

U1 is better, didn't need a nerf.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Skullator

check out hydro's claw, it's still sick ;] He'll convince you like he did me!

electric

I was under the impression that if you had U2 stocked and a back charge, it had really good trip guard so jumping was out of the question, but that could just be a bad bit of info I've gotten from somewhere

Fei Long changes look really good... Good buffs, but they removed the retarded amount of invincibility on HK chicken wing - yay. Shit left him at even frames on block and was a get out of jail free card since it didn't cost any meter.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the changes

Edit: HYPER BOMB

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/rawismojo/SSFIV_ALEX.png
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Yeah that one is stretching the imagination a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit too far imo =\

electric

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad213/TECweaponX/5aidejds.jpg ??

Whatever the case, it's definitely a new character since Ono is the definition of "super troll" - unless there's something more conclusive than those images, I'm banking on Alex
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Barnstorm

Quote from: electric on November 02, 2010, 07:52:07 PM
I was under the impression that if you had U2 stocked and a back charge, it had really good trip guard so jumping was out of the question, but that could just be a bad bit of info I've gotten from somewhere

Fei Long changes look really good... Good buffs, but they removed the retarded amount of invincibility on HK chicken wing - yay. Shit left him at even frames on block and was a get out of jail free card since it didn't cost any meter.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the changes

Edit: HYPER BOMB

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/rawismojo/SSFIV_ALEX.png

It has to be a down back charge and it doesnt always hit so your opponent can make dinner come back and then punish you

U1 only good against fireballs if you get hit on the way up you lose the ultra without the flash

I really dont understand the claw nerfs i wouldnt say he has got any buffs from that list alone

samurai black

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

i reckon it just looks like adon in his new thai outfit .

trolled
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Lennysaurus

Interesting about the ultra change for claw definitely. I wonder if they are changing more of the faster startup ultras like this.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

It's 1+6 startup already, you think that's fast?

Lennysaurus

Its fast for an ultra.  Like not many of the ultras in vanilla could catch someone doing a jab on wakeup or something like that unless they were giefs grab.  So it was something new to SSFIV.

You definitely see a lot more naked ultras catching people than you did in vanilla.  I'm just wondering if that's a decision they are making across the board for a lot of the fast ultras, or if that is something they are only changing for a few characters.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero