• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karizzma

I have come to like it. You got to admit rose one was dumb and El Fuerte was slightly less dumb. I mean I am not happy with it but I can see the thinking behind it. Maybe they should have let El Fuerte combo into ultra which would bring the damage nerf due to scaling... that would be the day.

[8-----D] Toots

It's a braindead ultra when used as a momentum stopper. They could have made it so the orbs took like half a second to come out so that the person attacking does get combo'd for chucking out something.

El fuertes was dumb just cos of the damage. No probs with how fast it was

CptMunta

Quote from: LN on November 18, 2010, 08:23:34 AM
Capcom seem to want to remove brainless crutches with AE, and that's pretty much the definition of Rose U2. Almost 0 risk in any situation.

If your gameplan is completely ruined by the lack of invinicibility on U2, then that's pretty sad imo. Try look at how Sako uses her - U2 is a combo aid rather than a get out of jail free card - because she doesn't actually need one.

You're dealing in absolutes here. Of course my gameplan is not ruined, if it was that would be stupid.  ::)

My gameplan isn't ruined I just have one less tool is all. Something that helps with her biggest weakness. The rest of the round you have to deal with it. I did okay with Rose in regular sf4 with no buffs or even ultra 2. I see what they are trying to do and it's fine. I would preferred another opiton is all.

Blocked ex spiral point blank can be punished just like any other reversal. So why not buff that? Would it make her too good? Probably not. I'll live with the AE changes.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

LN

Read the earlier posts about the topic - that comment wasn't directed at you.
There is no knowledge that is not power

electric

El Fuerte comboing into ultra would be so awesome lol

Rose U2 = real good. Too good ? Yeah, it probably is... I'm sure it'll still be good as an anti air and obviously comboing into it won't change at all... She'll still be mid/upper mid in AE. She's way too solid in other areas of her game.

Some interesting opinions coming out here. Nice.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CptMunta

Quote from: LN on November 18, 2010, 10:17:48 AM
Read the earlier posts about the topic - that comment wasn't directed at you.

Oh ok sorry  :-[ I have been keeping up with thread, it just looked like you were putting me on blast.

I guess my point take a tool away replace it with something else. I think I've wanted the spiral since vanilla and thought "They are bound to nerf U2 so they'll finally fix ex spiral".

HoneyBadger

Yo are we handing out free safe reversals? I've got a fucktonne of chars that I'd love to give that shit to :3
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

Quote from: Oleetworth on November 18, 2010, 10:41:15 AM
Yo are we handing out free safe reversals? I've got a fucktonne of chars that I'd love to give that shit to :3

Sagat tweaks just in - HP Tiger Upper causes 400 frames of block stun

HoneyBadger

Yo did my nigga Sim get a real reversal?

Also, out of curiosity. What is wrong with ex spiral that needs to be fixed?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CptMunta

I thought Sim's super is pretty safe. But they gave him the sfex plus alpha awesome teleport super in AE instead :P ;)

electric

Most supers are pretty safe as a general rule (well, safer than Ultras... with the exception of shit like Ken & Dudley etc.) - but yeah, they cost 4 bars - so if you want to throw one out as a reversal and have it blocked, then that's your prerogative

Rose's EX Spirals invincibility frames don't overlap with her active frames, so it can trade and sometimes even be beat clean by meaties

CptMunta

Quote from: electric on November 18, 2010, 12:03:17 PM
Most supers are pretty safe as a general rule (well, safer than Ultras... with the exception of shit like Ken & Dudley etc.) - but yeah, they cost 4 bars - so if you want to throw one out as a reversal and have it blocked, then that's your prerogative

Rose's EX Spirals invincibility frames don't overlap with her active frames, so it can trade and sometimes even be beat clean by meaties

That's what I mean about fixing her Spiral. More invincibility or one hit of super armor and slighty more startup. I'd be more into the Ultra nerf then. I'd trade U2's 2 times a round "get the fuck off me" with a Spiral that costs a bar of meter. As it stands though it's all good, I'll still use Ultra 2 cos' it's fun as hell.

Come to think of it. Maybe that's exactly why they didn't buff EX Spiral, since she builds meter so quickly.

I should stop cluttering up the thread with Rose nonsense.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on November 18, 2010, 11:02:36 AM
Sagat tweaks just in - HP Tiger Upper causes 400 frames of block stun

This is so SF nerdy man. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Lol

electric

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on November 18, 2010, 03:13:10 PM
This is so SF nerdy man. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Lol

Hahaha - it's not THAT nerdy...  :'(

400 frames = almost 7 seconds, which means if you're stuck in block stun that long, you can't do anything about it, which makes HP Tiger Upper the safest reversal in the world. Which also addresses the initial joke outlined here:

Quote from: Oleetworth on November 18, 2010, 10:41:15 AM

massi4h

Yeah I saw it too.

I quite like Illusion Spark. Probably cause that's how Marc knocked me out of nats last year. But in a Rose mirror last night I beat TommyHarmonic and I got U1 as an awesome anti-air. Plus it can beat fireballs at certain ranges iirc. Just sucks that U2 completely overshadowed it.