• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZ SF scene - Your thoughts.

Started by CrazyMobius, May 24, 2010, 07:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on June 28, 2010, 08:17:15 AM

I feel you and James have somehow stop being competivie? maybe thats not the word to use here... But you both can be a great player if you carry on playing at the lvl you were in back in yifans time when we first met, so keep it up and don't let the boxers scare you away if you think u can not touch them.. they can be beated, just takes time and experience. But when you do you will realize ur gameplay have grown far beyond what you expected.

I honestly feel like I'm more competitive now then where I was over a year ago. I play hours each day, mostly online I know, but I strive to fight the toughest opponents I can whenever I'm on. I'm pretty much only on my Aus account now as the number of players is huge and the competition is incredibly varied. I play ranked almost exclusively as I've found it best simulates the 'risk' factor of the arcade (points to loose) as well as the competitiveness. My focus definitely shifted towards becoming a lot better as a player once you Jack and Fong had great results at Evo Apac, you guys showed me that the levels you've reached are very attainable, and closer than I imagined as someone who was becoming more and more disenfranchised with the community in general.

Needless to say my passion and enthusiasm towards the NZ scene has done a full reversal since then, I'm fully ready to claim a spot as one of our top players, and my personal goal is to be part of the elite team we're sending to next years Aus events should (we choose to attend).

Also:
My poor competitive showing at the 3V3 is only related to the set up on the day, otherwise I'm sure both myself and my team would have placed much higher, no disrespect to those we faced, but things simply not coming out when inputted sure put the shitter on my pokes strings/combos etc on the day. Funnily enough on the other set up I hit everything as usual, no input mysteriously gobbled up for no reason, yes it was a little laggy, but at least all the moves came out came out when I pushed a button. . . more explanation of how things just didn't come out on the main set up would be nice to hear.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

In all fairness James, and i mean absolutely no disrespect here, but EVERYONE was dropping stuff. Maybe you would have placed higher, but what youre complaining about was something that affected every single person that played it on saturday, so realistically, saying that really doesnt mean anything.

Its like if Lenny said "I would have beaten Fong if i had been used to the setup". Fong could just as easily say "I would have beaten Lenny more convincingly if I had been used to the setup." (Sorry to use you two as my example. As i know neither of you would actually say this) The argument goes both ways, so its a moot point imo.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 28, 2010, 06:08:04 PM
Its like if Lenny said "I would have beaten Fong if i had been used to the setup". Fong could just as easily say "I would have beaten Lenny more convincingly if I had been used to the setup." (Sorry to use you two as my example. As i know neither of you would actually say this) The argument goes both ways, so its a moot point imo.

Fuck that scrub.  I was just taking pity on him.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man you see the shit Sako was pulling off online at Gods Garden?

ONLINE!!!

No excuses for me after that shit! But then again you should try playing gee fucking krunktizzeled it's hard as fuck to do shit.

Online is allgood to practice just stay away from scrubs cos your not doing yourself any favors. I lost heaps of my good Aus dudes cos i didn't login for a couple of months and they must have delted me. The Aus in four bar seems shit now that we get green bars with N.Z folks.

So i reckon that all the good N.Z folks on psn should jump online, it's all geez to practice on. The only thing i get fucked off with is all the fairly useless peeps aka noobs.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

HoneyBadger

Japanese and Korean internet make playing online almost like playing over a lan. When I played games online in Japan getting an MS of 5-10 was considered standard for connecting to another server in the same city. Korea is the same case where people consider shit like 100 ms unplayable. You really can't compare New Zealand to most other nations when it comes to internet, especially not beasts like Korea or Japan.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

originaljulz

Quote from: OLEET on June 28, 2010, 09:11:21 PM
Japanese and Korean internet make playing online almost like playing over a lan. When I played games online in Japan getting an MS of 5-10 was considered standard for connecting to another server in the same city. Korea is the same case where people consider shit like 100 ms unplayable. You really can't compare New Zealand to most other nations when it comes to internet, especially not beasts like Korea or Japan.

Dem azns make me green with envy
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh true.... I just thought green bars was green bars. Yeah well green bars in N.Z is still allgood for me.

My combo's are pretty much the same with green bars as they are offline and i use a bit of visual and timing cues.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Also, to explain the inputs mysteriously vanishing, its fairly simple.

On a laggy setup, lets say you see a throw coming, and tech it. Great. On a setup with no lag, if youre used to a laggy setup, you will see the throw coming but you will push tech based on what you're used to (which is lag in this case). In order to tech the throw on a laggy setup, your tech needs to be done earlier to compensate for the lag.

When there is no lag, there is no need for this compensation, so essentially, since you are still subconsciously attempting to compensate for lag, what you end up doing is inputting your tech too early. On a lagless setup, the pre-emptivity is unnecessary, meaning that you can base a lot more on your reactions, rather than predicting stuff in advance. (Which is why you want as little lag as possible. So you can react to stuff better.) On a setup with no lag, since you are operating at a pre-emptive speed that is appropriate for a LAGGY setup, you quite simply hit the buttons too early, and it appears that you have 'lost' your input. The same can be said for your combos. Particularly hit confirms, since this is done visually.

The interesting thing is that it actually goes to show just how much of your combo game is based off of visual cues rather than rhythm. Odds are, if everyone was playing blindfolded, we probably wouldn't have dropped any combo inputs at all.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

god sing a song!!!!
just get use to the setup.
it took me freakign 4 games -.- and yes i wanted to punch teh bloody setup HAHAHAHA.
but whatever it is past now so look forward :)

ill show u guys no matter what teh setup is ill blow u away!!!!

peace G
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Make it sound like people are specifically trying to find setups that are bad for you in particular, lol
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I LIKED the setup we used at the 3v3. Yea i dropped some combos but ultimately i think we are better off.

James asked for an explaination, so i gave one. I wasnt complaining >_>
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: zosla on June 29, 2010, 12:59:15 PM
ill show u guys no matter what teh setup is ill blow u away!!!!
peace G

I think everyone should notice by now that the results haven't changed much at least in top 5 in different tournaments with different setups.

Anyway, back to the main topic. lag/lag free = no different AS SOON AS you find the optimum solution around it. Which I "believe" i already have and I'm not going to say it here coz I've got enough flaming already. Don't believe me ?? Think about the 3vs3.
So, If you wanna hear "my solution", come talk to me.
Done !! End of the lagging issue.

zos'la

Hue...
TEACH ME BABY!!!! LOL

Actually I've also found it too^^ but we will share it once we catch up later when u come back laaa.
Sharing it here always get shit from people and flame^^.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The solution is to dust of your CRT's and harden the fuck up. We will be using a lagless setup at nats.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on June 29, 2010, 06:01:18 PM
I think everyone should notice by now that the results haven't changed much at least in top 5 in different tournaments with different setups.

Anyway, back to the main topic. lag/lag free = no different AS SOON AS you find the optimum solution around it. Which I "believe" i already have and I'm not going to say it here coz I've got enough flaming already. Don't believe me ?? Think about the 3vs3.
So, If you wanna hear "my solution", come talk to me.
Done !! End of the lagging issue.

Quote from: zosla on June 29, 2010, 06:11:58 PM
Actually I've also found it too^^ but we will share it once we catch up later when u come back laaa.
Sharing it here always get shit from people and flame^^.

Right, that's it.

Could you guys sound any more up yourselves? You think all this drama about the setups has been specifically to give everyone but you the advantage? To even the field? To stop YOU from performing?

Get the fuck out.

GIGA is YOUR home territory. YOU guys introduced GIGA to us. YOU spend the time there regularly. There is NOTHING stopping you having MORE practice on those setups than everyone else. And now you think you're all high and mighty for WORKING OUT how to play on them? Fucking astounding.

Despite being better than most other players and having proved it many times you STILL want to rub people's faces in it by having "worked out" how to play on an OPTIMAL setup. And THEN feeling the need to POINT OUT that you're still better ON YOUR HOMEGROUND SETUPS. Any person with A BRAIN knows that giving a better player a setup where they can react EVEN MORE QUICKLY is NOT going to make the worse players start winning! I'm frankly amazed that people of your calibre can be SO DENSE about an issue like this.

And yet who are the people whining about not hitting combos and LOOKING BAD on a VIDEO? Wow.

And no, I have NO confidence this will be the "end of the lag issue" any more than it has been the LAST 5 FUCKING TIMES YOU'VE SAID THAT. You're going to drag it out every time you lose "because of it", and now it seems everytime you "win in spite of it".

Get some fucking humility and stop being such assholes. I'm utterly sick of your pathetic attitudes in general about these issues. None of it is about YOU. You're not that goddamn special.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness