• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

AU tourney setup thread (aka lag thread pt 3)

Started by Gamogo, June 08, 2010, 11:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xkheretic

if you rip the casing off the component cable connection to the xbox so that both connections fit you can simultaneously run hdmi -> whatever AND have sound using av/component cables.

anyone a fan of playing ssf4 on an old crt tv?

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

stereomonkey

Quote from: xkheretic on June 09, 2010, 10:36:34 AM
if you rip the casing off the component cable connection to the xbox so that both connections fit you can simultaneously run hdmi -> whatever AND have sound using av/component cables.

You can actually do that?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

electric

You can do it on PS3, so I don't see why you can't on xbox
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

There's an audio dongle you used to get with the Elite that you are supposed to use with HDMI to get audio from the other connector. The ghetto way is to cut off the plastic from a normal AV connector though, yeah.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Well then, xbox back in the superiority lead with that info.

Quote from: xkheretic on June 09, 2010, 11:54:31 AM
crt > lcd.

Well dur.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[CYS] hebretto

CYS CEO aka Former TEAM AV CEO aka herbretto aka berbeto aka HAMAGER

Licensed to roll cancel since the age of 16.

www.ozhadou.net

massi4h

I have an adapter so you can plug both an hdmi cable in and my thingymabob in for component sound. We were using it at EVO apac.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: massi4h on June 09, 2010, 01:41:11 PM
I have an adapter so you can plug both an hdmi cable in and my thingymabob in for component sound. We were using it at EVO apac.

I dont know what impresses me more. That you can fit your thingymabob into a jackpoint, or the fact that it will give an audio signal.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

We are going to be using 5 setups.

We have 5 VGA Cables for XBOX360.  That is what we will be using.  THe end result will be:
-Minimal lag
-Stereo Sound
-Fun times

That is all.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

massi4h

We talking about nat's?

2 tournaments aren't planned to be on Xbox, so CRT for 3s? And CRT for marvel?

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gamogo

Quote from: Rorooze on June 08, 2010, 02:02:10 PMwe've done lag tests on the monitors that we can get access too (you were even there) and lenny has decided that the ASUS monitors are fit for purpose. we're talking something between 0 and 1 frame of lag.

just give it a break, will ya?

ASUS screens are renown to handle input lag well with the recent models (as far back as 2008 issues of 22" screens) being given the OK for EVO 2009 and also 2010.

The ASUS screens actually handle scaling well as this is what is forced upon ASUS screens with a native resolution of 1080p when they are jacked into PS3 consoles. Because SFIV/SSFIV is locked to a 720 console output on the PS3, the ASUS is forced to internally rescale the image which results in minimal perceptible input lag.

Comparatively speaking, many other LCD screens when outside of their native resolution (i.e. forced to rescale images internally) do a poor job resulting in noticeable input lag. Scaling seems to be a strength for the ASUS screens.

FYI, this is the 'EVO monitor': http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/asus-vh236h/4505-3174_7-33615002.html
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

- Carl Sagan

http://gamogo.wordpress.com