• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

AU tourney setup thread (aka lag thread pt 3)

Started by Gamogo, June 08, 2010, 11:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Just to expand on the "benq at giga" comment

"OZhadou EVO APAC tournament will be using 360s with BenQ monitors"
This is what we used on the day, and EVERYONE said there was a problem and yes we had a BENQ monitor.

If this was Mason's monitor (which I understand and believe to be lag free), I'm pretty sure I explained away why people felt it was 'wrong' by the whole "it has less lag than you're used to" expose.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on June 08, 2010, 07:07:10 PM
who here has qualifications/is a professional to say what is wrong and right with these monitors?

All the fun will be gone if we carry this on and then some asshole will want to make a commitee or some shit.

TBH I do feel like I'm qualified - I actually understand and research the issues. I also just know a lot about all this shit.

As for the committee thing, we kind of already have one. Usually it takes care of these issues itself, often before they become apparent to the players. Sometimes things like this blow up way out of proportion, even if it was out of good intentions.

Life's like that sometimes I guess...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Rorooze

Quote from: fluxcore on June 08, 2010, 07:12:52 PM
Just to expand on the "benq at giga" comment

If this was Mason's monitor (which I understand and believe to be lag free), I'm pretty sure I explained away why people felt it was 'wrong' by the whole "it has less lag than you're used to" expose.

AFAIK the giga used was the 27inch benq monitor which we proved recently was lagging roughly the same frames as the big samsung lcds.

BBOY: I'll explain it if you come to the tourney/ranbats sometime. but yeah, the carry on that is happening even though the issue is resolved is crazy.

CptMunta

Yeah maybe it's time to move on, they say it's best not to discuss religon and politics at parties. Well in this forum for whatever reason:

lagg=politics
Tiers=religon

maybe we should just try and keep those discussions in their own threads rather than have them invade what started out as a good vibe thread to begin with.

Not to poo poo on the importance of the issue and the points raised (I personally believe that trying to get as close to 0 lagg as is practical to obtain for an event is important) but.....
Can we get back to topic please I was really enjoying the discussion about making scene grow etc...
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its a little beyond 'which setup is better' at this point, but i would like to agree.

However, i still have to be a little salty, given that I have just spent at least the last year trying to explain someones point of view for the benefit of everyone, and keep conflict based upon it to a minimum. (despite having crossed paths on more than one occasion) Only to have said person completely invalidate all the work i have tried to do in one sentence, and then insults me, and just about everyone else directly.

Im usually pretty lighthearted about all of that stuff, but it really needs to stop. Sorry to force everyone to read my walls of rage.

And im pretty sure my dad would smash Andys dad anyway.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

I actually didn't read any of teh wall post as from the start I took this as a discussion\ debate for humors sake.

Bill if you like to debate over something, I am happy to do so since forums are for such matters.
Just because you think my sentences insulted you which I don't believe so but you can take it whatever way you like.

Though there are things you can say about me and I can take it as a joke.
But remember that Asian's respect their family more than anything, don't cross that line.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

moose!

I respect my punctuation more than anything, but I'm willing to let it slide just this once.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on June 08, 2010, 09:19:08 PM
I actually didn't read any of teh wall post as from the start I took this as a discussion\ debate for humors sake.

Bill if you like to debate over something, I am happy to do so since forums are for such matters.
Just because you think my sentences insulted you which I don't believe so but you can take it whatever way you like.

Though there are things you can say about me and I can take it as a joke.
But remember that Asian's respect their family more than anything, don't cross that line.

You took the serious part as a joke, and the joke part seriously. And have naturally missed the point AGAIN.

But whatever. Ive said my piece, and yea, it WAS an insult, not just to me, but to everyone. And yea, it did REALLY annoy me. You STILL haven't grasped what you did wrong, which is ridiculous, but i can see there isn't going to be any getting through to you. Fuck knows why i thought there would be in the first place. Im not going to bother with this anymore. Or any other retarded argument that you cause. If you're going to be ignorant and not going to listen, (And 90% of my posts are me trying to help YOU understand the way OTHER PEOPLE are interpreting what YOU are saying, BTW. So up until this point, listening would have been a REALLY good idea) then its not worth me wasting time and energy posting about it.

I tried to make a point. You ignored it.
I showed you, in a word for word example, EXACTLY what you said wrong. You ignored it.
I made a casual joke about arguably the most trivial, primary school argument, that was addressed by ANOTHER poster as something stupid. And you made a big deal out of THAT, of all things.

Youre not going to read this either, and youre not going to even bother TRYING to understand my point of view so im not sure why im even bothering to post this. I pride myself on being welcoming and friendly, and you pushed every single one of my buttons, to the point where i have made an absolute cunt of myself in this thread, and you STILL think youre in the right. This is not worth the effort.

PMS over. The only posts following this one will be OG BIRRY WONG shit.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 08, 2010, 09:55:46 PM
You took the serious part as a joke, and the joke part seriously. And have naturally missed the point AGAIN.

But whatever. Ive said my piece, and yea, it WAS an insult, not just to me, but to everyone. And yea, it did REALLY annoy me. You STILL haven't grasped what you did wrong, which is ridiculous, but i can see there isn't going to be any getting through to you. Fuck knows why i thought there would be in the first place. Im not going to bother with this anymore. Or any other retarded argument that you cause. If you're going to be ignorant and not going to listen, (And 90% of my posts are me trying to help YOU understand the way OTHER PEOPLE are interpreting what YOU are saying, BTW. So up until this point, listening would have been a REALLY good idea) then its not worth me wasting time and energy posting about it.

I tried to make a point. You ignored it.
I showed you, in a word for word example, EXACTLY what you said wrong. You ignored it.
I made a casual joke about arguably the most trivial, primary school argument, that was addressed by ANOTHER poster as something stupid. And you made a big deal out of THAT, of all things.

Youre not going to read this either, and youre not going to even bother TRYING to understand my point of view so im not sure why im even bothering to post this. I pride myself on being welcoming and friendly, and you pushed every single one of my buttons, to the point where i have made an absolute cunt of myself in this thread, and you STILL think youre in the right. This is not worth the effort.

PMS over. The only posts following this one will be OG BIRRY WONG shit.

I actually did read this post of yours Bill, I may have phrase things in a different manner where you took offense over it. We have different logic behind things but the goal is the same, I debate over this stuff is because some base things on so much facts when it can be simplified into: its just a game at the end of the day.
I appreciated you explaining to me and yes I have my own perspective with things which I don't think you can change it because we are different. We can try to talk it out but it would end up like this :) which happens.
But I just hope we both don't go overboard with such debate\ discussion.

I know you were joking with you last comment, but I hope you don't go further with it thats all.

This would be all for this thread thank you come again another day.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

TBH Bro im more embarrassed about my reaction than anything.

Was pretty fucking stupid on my part. A lot of it remains true, but my whole approach was pretty retarded. I should know better by now.

Sorry team.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 09, 2010, 07:51:28 AM
TBH Bro im more embarrassed about my reaction than anything.

Was pretty fucking stupid on my part. A lot of it remains true, but my whole approach was pretty retarded. I should know better by now.

Sorry team.
x2 xD

don't  get the wrong meaning this time BILL!!!

Lennysaurus

Heres the deal.

We are gonne be using the ASUS monitors that are confirmed to have only 1 frame of lag at the most at any given point.  This is well within the boundaries of acceptable.

We will be connecting to them via XBOX360 VGA Cables, as there is no HDMI connection on the units.

No point discussing this anymore guys.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

Lenny,
I'll bring some HDMI to DVI converters just in case, actually I only got 2...

electric

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on June 09, 2010, 08:50:15 AMWe are gonne be using the ASUS monitors that are confirmed to have only 1 frame of lag at the most at any given point.

Yay
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on June 09, 2010, 08:57:03 AM
Lenny,
I'll bring some HDMI to DVI converters just in case, actually I only got 2...

The only problem with that andy is that we wont be able to get any sound doing it that way.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero