• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Mortal Kombat 9: You weak pathetic fools!

Started by fluxcore, June 11, 2010, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gl3nnium

honestly ive been playing MK games for years and i really doubted they could do anything new with the fatalities....everyones seen all that before and we are so desensitsed to it all anyway....hell was i totally wrong....the xray shots of all the internal damage are brutal...gratuitous even...i love it...fav fatality so far probably is Kung Laos drag someone over your spinning hat and saw them in half from crotch to head fatality....early days tho.

maelgrim

Man i'd love to get this.
But with a 6 year old daughter in the house, i'd almost never be able to play it :(
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

stereomonkey

I have to say after watching the game in action it is a damn beautiful game.

I mean, the amount of effort put into it is basically a love letter to the fans that have stuck to the series and to the olds that loved the originals.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

gl3nnium

Agrees with stereomonkey. I was one of those kids back in the day playing MK1 on his sega master system (and gameboy) and loving it..

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

thought this vid was an interesting listen about meter management compared to sf4
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

CptMunta

Quote from: gl3nnium on April 26, 2011, 12:54:27 PM
Agrees with stereomonkey. I was one of those kids back in the day playing MK1 on his sega master system (and gameboy) and loving it..

Have you got it on Xbox yet? Might be rocking a for lols tourney at my place on Friday for Christchurch folk if your'e keen :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

geneterror

For all my criticisms of MK the videos for 9 make it look OK :o and I have a couple of friends that want to play it so I might learn a character or two just to put them in their place haha. What's the netcode like, I'll grab it for Xbox if you would play it online occasionly otherwise I'll get the PS3 version so I can play Kratos ;D

Off topic slightly but do you have KOf98UM or 2002UM you're the only person I can think of that might have them that would play me online.
KOW 2011

scribble

Found this basic beginner guide pretty useful. Just thought I'd post for anyone else who knows nothing about the game:

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

Filter

this actually looks awesome. didn't expect that.

karizzma

Actually liking this game at the moment. Really like how the super bar is managed and how when you go for a combo you cant just really hit confirm into it by spamming lp/lk etc. You have to kinda take a gamble with it.

massi4h

This game has parry? Is it cool like 3s or gay like t6?

amendonz

LN

Ugh.

A couple of people have counter moves and Johnny Cage's Xray is a counter.

This glitch is pretty uninteresting gameplay wise.
There is no knowledge that is not power

electric

Quote from: LN on April 28, 2011, 12:41:27 PMThis glitch is pretty uninteresting gameplay wise.

Truth. Despite this trick being something that will kill noobs 100% of the time, it means absolutely nothing in a competitive gameplay sense
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla