• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Your main character in sf4

Started by [NIUE]iRONSoL, July 01, 2010, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its like Fuerte. People are impressed because hes different, and they understand how much fucking work you need to put in to win.

BBQ THOSE HATERS.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 01, 2010, 05:23:29 PM
I main Viper now coz many people said Ryu is retardly easy to use and Viper is the hardest character to use. And easy character to use seems to have higher winning chance.
I tried to explain that it doesn't work like that and tier list does matter at highest level but at our level it doesn't effect as much as we think and all I've got was a "NO NO".
So I've decided to use Viper to prove my words and secondary, to BBQ all the haters.

BBQ!

lol yeah people don't know jack. Ryu and Boxer are supposedly brain dead easy characters to use yet how many boxers or Ryu's do you see at top level play. If you take Daigo out of the equation Viper probably had more success in vanilla than Ryu. Fundamental based characters may have a small learning curve but imo have the highest skillcaps in SF (Talking about Ryu and shotos more so than Rog).

electric

That's pretty awesome Hue lol - I remember when SF4 first came out I wanted to main Viper because she looked so awesome, but I was so scrubby and hopeless, so I decided to use someone with a big health pool so I didn't get reamed so quickly haha

BBQ = awesome
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

moose!

Dictator.
But seriously considering switching to T.Hawk, mainly because he's a giant.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

ken masters

secondarys : Ryu , Adon , Guile

played him in hyper fighting along with ryu and guile  so play them in sf4 and ssf4

guess i stuck with him cos everyone thinks/ thort  hes crap so no-one would have played him :'(
plus the flames ... oh yes the flames of DOOM !!!!!!!

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] weazzyefff

M to da mah fucking Bison gee.

Seconds in this order: Boxer/Guile, Akuma, Ryu, Ken, Sim.

Quote from: BIRRY WONG on July 01, 2010, 06:01:48 PM
Its like Fuerte. People are impressed because hes different, and they understand how much fucking work you need to put in to win.

BBQ THOSE HATERS.

He's also pretty hard to get any practice in against cos nobody picks him. So heaps of cats dpn't know how to play against him - i've owned heaps of fools with my noob run back splash mix-ups.

edit: Bison was my main after Ryu in Vanilla and then Sagat, and i ended up just stcking with Sagat. I only like playing chars i can play when i'm drunk, cos i'm always drunk. Plus after playing Brodsta i saw what he could really be capable of. And i don't get much time to play these days so i'm just gonna stick with chars i know.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

budafist

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on July 01, 2010, 07:58:19 PM
ken masters

secondarys : Ryu , Adon , Guile

played him in hyper fighting along with ryu and guile  so play them in sf4 and ssf4

guess i stuck with him cos everyone thinks/ thort  hes crap so no-one would have played him :'(
plus the flames ... oh yes the flames of DOOM !!!!!!!

One of the coolest things about using Ken, is that most pepople assume you're gona be a flowchart scrub.
then you bust out the sickness with the quickness, and before they have time to take you seriously
They're on fire, in slow motion falling to the ground screaming "noooooo".

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

CptMunta

I kinda got stuck with Rose in vanilla. I started out maining Sim and Bison, but was finding Rose more fun. Kept catching people with shamwow and really liked her pokes. I released she was garbage in vanilla but kept at it since I liked the challenge of how it took twice as long to ko someone and you had to
make sure you never got hit.

Now she's good, but alot of her basics have carried over. It's weird people all saying stuff that is good now but is unchanged since vanilla. I just think scaling everyones damage back really helped.

Also like Honda, he feels like the opposite to rose to me :)
Sim, bison, cammy, deejay, Cody, Dudley.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: zosla on July 01, 2010, 12:50:15 PM
I've always like shotos... the projectile and srk looks are good^^
I hate charge chars and thats prolly why I am not using Chun when though I like her very much...
Ryu has never been my all time favourite but and never really got to use him since alpha series... 3s I use ken.
But yeah the main reason whould be he does similar style Karate as I do, Shotokan and I do Goju Ryu which originated from the same ancestors BIRRY WONG?
Also he doesn't looks cool^^ as he is a couple with Chun it makes it even better!!!
On top of all these, the Beast also uses him :) which makes my learning much easier as I can find vids of many gameplays for top players such as myself vs my char YOU which helps a lot in the learning process. If you still have questions, text 38250968773531 to 0800idunno. And all your questions will be solved !!

Peace !!! ^_^

karizzma

Before I had vanilla sf4 I always thought I would go with M. Bison. The game came out and I played him for a while but I got really hooked watching headbutt to ultra from Balrog.He was a very easy character to learn but like everything, hard to master and I had alright results with him. I went pretty far with him but I started to get into a turtle style that I wasn't really liking so I needed a change. This was closer to the middle/end of vanillas lifespan.

Before Birry Wong was a household name I had never seen anyone in NZ use El Fuerte. Watching TKD on youtube really interested me so I decided to pick him up as my main. It has taken me a long time and hours upon hours of training to get him to a standard where I feel he is now playable to a OK degree.

I will also say that his new ultra in ssf4 has made some difference for him and his match-ups but you still require all the things from vanilla (RSF, anti-air, mixup, patience etc) to be any good with him.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

This topic just got the BIRRY WONG seal of approval.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Wow, I could write a wall of text in response to this topic which has recently been dredged up, but pragmatically there's really no point so I'll just leave people with their lofty opinions this time.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

fuck u Hue HAHAHAHA bastard cao.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Nick4now

When I first started I was going to main Zangief since he's my main in ST. But I found him kinda boring and just not fun to play with  ;D So I then began to learn Gouken, then went on to Rufus, and now currently maining Juri  :)

Main: Juri, Rufus
Secondary: Gouken

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion