• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Your main character in sf4

Started by [NIUE]iRONSoL, July 01, 2010, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Why do you use the character you main?

Just out of curiosity  :)

I use e.honda because i wanna be like mike (ross) lol

pringles

kingpiccolo

gone from cody back to fei poor cody cant handle too much pressure no real good reversal to get people off him.

electric

I play Abel (and have done since SF4 release) because he's fast, has great offensive options, does a lot of damage and takes very little - it lets me take a few risks when playing, which fits my play style really well.

More importantly though, he's a big fucking frenchman. Instant winner.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

King of Muay Thai reporting in.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Lennysaurus

I use sim cause when I use other characters I lose.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Vega

honestly don't want to play anyone else anymore, despite the game not being particularly nice to him.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

propafanda

I like to play as charge characters mostly. I think that my main character choice is Blanka. Hes all full of suprizes and mixups.   He doesn't rely on combos and FADC stuff like other characters and hes fairly easy enough to use. Well theres alot of characters I like using apart from Blanka really for most capcom titles

Rorooze

Still deciding, I really like Cody but find it quite difficult to play as him since I'm way better at charge motions than quarter circles.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuerte, because no other character plays like him. Im not a big fan of how turtley SF4 is, and Fuerte feeds my urge to push buttons.

His biggest strength is his ability to reveal an opponents pattern and thought process, which is what makes his mixups so effective, since you end up knowing how your opponent is going to react and you can mix them up accordingly. People dont like guessing wrong in a 50/50 mixup game, but they dont realise that if the fuerte player is anywhere decent, the mixup odds are more like 70/30 in fuertes favour.

Also, the crowd loves him.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

M.Bison.

Just because he's an evil Dictator and that appeals to me, he has "Psycho" powers (fuck yeah!) and his win quotes are awesome :P
KOW 2011

IR U IM B IL E

Trying my best to main Guile, looking to channel ModInside's flashy style while also trying to be as solid and smart as Yoshiwo.

Also, I've been dusting off my M.Bison again and thinking of maining him and using Guile as my secondary as his rushdown style suits me better.

Maybe.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

zos'la

I've always like shotos... the projectile and srk looks good^^
I hate charge chars and thats prolly why I am not using Chun when though I like her very much...
Ryu has been my all time favourite but never really got to use him since alpha series... 3s I use ken.
But yeah the main reason whould be he does similar style Karate as I do, Shotokan and I do Goju Ryu which originated from the same ancestors?
Also he looks cool^^ as he is a couple with Chun it makes it even better!!!
On top of all these, the Beast also uses him :) which makes my learning much easier as I can find vids of many gameplays for top players vs my char which helps a lot in the learning process.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Ryu has never been with Chun :/
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

SF4 = Blanka
SSF4 = Cody & Juri as they are more fun, though i'm not very good with them

I hate Abel and Cammy coz they kick my butt
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Skullator

Mained Chun since day1 vanilla. Andy wanna d8?

Straight up love her character design, but what sealed the deal for me was how skill based your wins had to be back then to get around broken Vanilla Sagat and Ryu.
I remember watching Nuki pull off a dash forward ultra on stream for the first time and almost shitting my pants. Took dash ultra's to Xlan09 and Mike's "Did you see that! Focus attack Smoof's fireball dash forward into ultra!!!!" made everything all the more worthwhile lol.