• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Rumor / Two Namco v Capcom Games Coming?

Started by EXC355UM, July 20, 2010, 08:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EXC355UM

Let me just remind you, this is still just a rumor.
Gameinformer is a huge site though, so who knows how much truth there is to this. Hit the link if you are interested.

Rumor / Two Namco Vs Capcom Games Coming?  :)

EXC355UM

CrazyMobius

I guess that could explain this teaser image from Ono's twitter account:

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 20, 2010, 09:43:45 PM
I guess that could explain this teaser image from Ono's twitter account:

You think so ? Personally, I don't see anything Namco related in that image
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CptMunta

If it's done primarily with street fighter and tekken characters with rival schools, darkstalkers, soul calibur characters and a few randoms thrown in ala capcom vs snk I have no idea how they would make it work. Especially with so many characters on namco's side without fireballs. will they just give every namco cast member a side step as part of their groove?

I really have no idea how such different fighting game systems can work together without incredibly butchering the other companies characters. No idea how they'd reach a middle ground.

I'm pretty dubious about this one even if it turns out to be true. Could quite easily backfire in both companies faces if they can't capture the essence of each others characters playstyle in a vastly different system. :/

Though street fighter vs fighting layer would ironically make alot of sence ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Assuming its a fighting game. Lets not forget Namco x capcom WASN'T a fighting game at all.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Lol noone read the article! There are two games being produced the rumour says. One developed under SF4s engine, the other under Tekken six's engine.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on July 20, 2010, 09:55:55 PM
You think so ? Personally, I don't see anything Namco related in that image

The Ryu is shown in Tekken style. The other image is shown as SF4 ink style.

CptMunta

I read the article. Having the games built in each repective companies engine won't make the transition of ryu to a tekken fighting engine or Jin to a sf4 fighting engine any easier. Can you imagine jump in hp standing hp sonic boom in tekken? I do think they are referring Jin being rendered sf4 style and ryu in tekken style when it comes to "engine" but it doesn't change the fact that getting both  franchises characters working in the same  engine will come with pretty big design hurdles.

Oh and bill if it is true since Ono is producing it will definitely be a fighting game. :)

I'm not usually an Internet nay sayer right out of the gate. More worried than hyped about this. Cvs3 would make more sense to me right now.

geneterror

I think Capcom need to give it a rest to be honest. They're gonna be at that point of flooding the market again like they did in the late '90s. They'll be complaining about declining sales of fighters soon but they'll have 4 or 5 on the market at the same time splitting the player base and casual players will stop caring again.
I'm happy with what we have at the moment SSF4 is still a good as game, MvC3 is on the way and you can play HD Remix if you want some old school flavour. I'd rather have a new Darkstalkers or see them working on a Street Fighter 5 with a long development period than a dodgy crossover this. Hell I'd rather they did a NamcoXCapcom sequel that was good! Get Nippon Ichi to make it :)
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on July 21, 2010, 08:41:08 AM
I think Capcom need to give it a rest to be honest. They're gonna be at that point of flooding the market again like they did in the late '90s. They'll be complaining about declining sales of fighters soon but they'll have 4 or 5 on the market at the same time splitting the player base and casual players will stop caring again.

Actually I see what you're saying. Mind you nowadays they have this incredibly long build up before games are actually released and new games go out of flavour pretty fast with the general public. By this time next year I expect the player base of SSFIV may be less than half of what it is now. And those casual buyers may well be looking to sink their money into something new.

HoneyBadger

Hmm... If this is true it could bring our two communities together <333333 Hopefully I'll be able to change my name to IBeatBGThreeTimes
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 21, 2010, 07:10:12 AM
The Ryu is shown in Tekken style. The other image is shown as SF4 ink style.

Good point - I just saw Ryu and thought "Oh... so it's Ryu then. Coooo000ooool."
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CptMunta

Quote from: geneterror on July 21, 2010, 08:41:08 AM

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 21, 2010, 08:50:18 AM
Actually I see what you're saying. Mind you nowadays they have this incredibly long build up before games are actually released and new games go out of flavour pretty fast with the general public. By this time next year I expect the player base of SSFIV may be less than half of what it is now. And those casual buyers may well be looking to sink their money into something new.

Both good points.
Though I think Capcom need to cool their jets a bit, let MvC3 have it's time in the sun. That was the problem with HD Remix, always being in SF4's shadow, especially for some PS3 owners where the game was released on the same day being completely almost ignored by casual gamers. Tekken players have been due for a new game for while now, let Namco go first :)
It could be interesting to see a tekken game where they have to dramatically change the mechanics to accommodate the Capcom cast. This could be the biggest sidestep (pun intended) Namco has made from the core tekken formula for a long time.

As for the pic, devil jin's wings maybe ;)