• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

MightyApe deals thread

Started by fluxcore, August 26, 2010, 11:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Here's today's deal.

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Tekken-6-Limited-Edition--Arcade-stick-Artbook/3067066/

360 limited edition T6
Wireless stick, T6, artbook
$130

That's a 360 hori stick for $130 with a free game and artbook!

tbh not entirely sure how awesome the stick is, and it IS wireless, but could be good for someone looking for a pretty decent 360 stick for fairly  cheap.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

Ha nice, you beat me to it. Cheap for a stick, good for practicing I guess, not sure if you want to use it for hardout competition. Makronn has one and I know he bought a Round 2 TE. Not sure if it was just the pressure of everyone having a TE or he didn't like the stick though.

Round 2 TEs for $300 as well: http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Street-Fighter-IV-Tournament-Joystick-Round-2/6247206/

zos'la

wireless are never really good for fighting games...but then again we might be worng hahaha...
deal is not bad I guess, rip the pcb out and replace it with a wired one!!~~ lol
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Barnstorm

the wireless is perfectly fine

the stick however is not the best
not even as good as the hori ex2/doa/sc4 sticks

the actual stick is really loose and its very difficult to mod

zos'la

well thats prolly the reason for being CHEAP!!!~

fluxcore

Are they not just standard hori parts? That seems odd.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

I would think they use hori parts... then again they migth be using 3rd party.. which is pretty stupid>? hmmm...

Rorooze

Mightyape deals, holy crap there are some good ones. FF13 for like $37 dollars, say $97. Yeah boi!

geneterror

Quote from: Rorooze on August 27, 2010, 11:45:04 AM
Mightyape deals, holy crap there are some good ones. FF13 for like $37 dollars, say $97. Yeah boi!
Don't do it, I would rather stab myself in the eyes than play that game again!
KOW 2011

Rorooze

zos'la

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Lol i almost bought it too. $36 is a good price. But then smoof convinced me not too.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

Quote from: fluxcore on August 27, 2010, 09:05:51 AM
Are they not just standard hori parts? That seems odd.

yeah i think it is except the stick is so much worse than the ex/doa one

budafist

DVS brought me back a Hori Fs-Ex stick from japan. I'm pretty sure its just the same as the tekken one.

seems pretty sweet so far, the most awseome part is that theres no cord for my rabbit to chew.
be interesting in find out how easy it would be to swap stick and buttons.  but tbh I'm not pro enuf to notice/care.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

stereomonkey

I wouldn't mind having the PCB in that stick.  But with a history with the hori sticks crapping out if your not careful with them it's like :-\
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"