• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Lag Free Setup

Started by CaptainHook, September 02, 2010, 03:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Im not entirely sure as some sites say its 16:10 and some says its 16:9...
:(
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

If the resolution is 1920 x 1080 then its 16:9. If this is the case, and youre displaying it at 1280:720 then it should be displaying the image fine, assuming your monitor is using its default display settings.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

Your monitor supports 1080p but it is a 16:10 monitor which is why you are getting the black bars. The black bars are there to crop the image into a 16:9 ratio. If you get rid of the black bars your image will look stretched.

zos'la

nope I am not getting black bars :D
I havent change the monitor settings at all... was plug and play.
its a 24 inch and It is 1920x1080 so then I believe its 16:9?
My xbox is setup to 1280x720, I think it looks okay but not sure if i am setting it up correctly...

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

Quote from: [FSR] kingpiccolo on September 03, 2010, 12:55:30 AM
i need to get one of those vga cables when i can be bothered i got a BENQ2220HD which im guessing should be the same as the BENQ2420HD?
except mines 22' where that one is 24'

I think I'm gonna regret saying this.

You can probably go with an HDMI cable instead of a VGA cable. By the looks of it the BenQ monitors above perform well under HDMI.

The reason we're set on using the VGA cables at Giga is because we originally used big LCD screens which were terrible without the VGA (the VGA skips the monitors post processing). When we swapped to the Asus LCD monitors we didn't have HDMI cables present to test the monitors for lag, nor did we have a PC capable of outputting HDMI to do the lag tests, so we stuck with VGA. The results were good, and now that we've verified the monitors using VGA we stick with what we know.

fluxcore

Quote from: Rorooze on September 03, 2010, 12:02:06 PM
You can probably go with an HDMI cable instead of a VGA cable. By the looks of it the BenQ monitors above perform well under HDMI.

I completely agree.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

From what I think was linked somewhere from SRK, HDMI was proved to be no laggier than VGA. And it does look better which is a plus.

electric

Now I just need those bastards to make a 32" panel so I can begin my project!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Rorooze

Quote from: massi4h on September 03, 2010, 01:16:51 PM
From what I think was linked somewhere from SRK, HDMI was proved to be no laggier than VGA. And it does look better which is a plus.

For which monitors? The BenQ ones, or all monitors? :p

massi4h

I thought they proved it for all monitors, but I don't know shit about this stuff so I'll just stfu.

zos'la

Actually I think you're right...
My VW246H Assus feels the same using VGA and HDMI... anyways I also dunno shit about this so I should prolly STFU too!!~~

Pjai

www.prad.de and www.digitalversus.com have done some test on input lags on some models.

CaptainHook

Well, i just got a BENQ2420HD..

I ended up getting a VGA cable from my flatmate at JB cause Lenny said it's prob safer.
Good to know HDMI is probably okay too.. But the VGA looks good enough for me.
For now at least. :P

One last thing, do i need the monitor in a specific mode? I think i read the least amount of
lag is in the "dynamic" mode???

Thanks all! :)
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

fluxcore

VGA is pants.

I *think* you want it in Dynamic, but am not certain.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness