• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Lag Free Setup

Started by CaptainHook, September 02, 2010, 03:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

confused? it says on the spec sheet

1125 (1080)/60p (HDMI only)

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

Rorooze

Ok lemme get this right

from the spec sheet

Full HD
1125 (1080)/50i
1125 (1080)/60i
1125 (1080)/24p (HDMI only)
1125 (1080)/50p (HDMI only)
1125 (1080)/60p (HDMI only)

are the last three entries not 1080p at 24,50,60 hz? or is there some TV lingo i'm missing here?

LN

This is a far more important spec to consider:

Number of Pixels: 1,366 x 768

Rorooze

True, scrap that idea then.

:< Back to the asus methinks.

LN

Yeah, bit of a case of "too good to be true" (big, reasonably priced IPS panel that's somehow fast AND also 1080p)

electric

Yeah, I should have mentioned it only does 720p, but that's a good thing if you're only going to be using it for SF4 since that's the native resolution it runs at.

And from what I understand, TN > IPS > PVA. The benefit of IPS over TN in larger panels is price.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Rorooze

MVC3 is gonna be 1080p so no point buying a 720p monitor, otherwise yeah it'd be fine for SSF4. Grrr. Looks like the Asus is gonna win. Might pick it up this weekend, then just gotta do a lag test. hm

CaptainHook

Rory, can you help me lag test mine one time? Just for piece of mind really.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Skullator

After speaking with you on Facebook, I am glad to hear you have resolved your issue by buying a BenQ 24" model.
You have a PC monitor, not a television. The entire lag shitstorm, simply does not apply to you because you won't even feel it :)

Congratulations, good purchase.
Speaking from the P.O.V of the person who has done the closest to factual lag testing out of anybody here, and somebody who actually owns the S-video CRT + HD Graphics card + the cables required to attempt a true test.
If you wanted to do a test to see how close yours is the the giga monitors, Rory could help you with that.

CrazyMobius

Man I wish there were seminars on this type of thing. :/

LN

Well, do you actually need to understand the issues? For the vast majority it's probably better just to get a "buy this monitor" response.

CaptainHook

Quote from: Skullator on December 05, 2010, 01:09:12 PM
After speaking with you on Facebook, I am glad to hear you have resolved your issue by buying a BenQ 24" model.

Thanks, although i did buy it back in Sept after the recommendations here so i haven't worried about it since then. :P
Just thought IF i could check it, i would be interested. :)
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

just a heads up im probably going to get a benq E2400HD

review here
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1363906

best monitor i could find so far for no to less than 1 frame of lag
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

fluxcore

That's the 24" version of the monitor I got for my arcade cabinet. No complaints here.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness