• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

King Of Fighters XI (PS2) OUT NOW

Started by fluxcore, January 15, 2007, 10:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunsmoke

Quote from: samurai black on May 25, 2007, 11:18:57 PM
fuckers. thats it, im getting my ps2 chipped and im gonna start pirating

Yea wot u waiting 4
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

You can also get a swap magic from trademe for about 30 bucks - works fine, although it IS a little annoying having to swap and stuff when you're just going to boot up for some practice.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Coddfish

When I first played my pirated one, I actually didn't enjoy it that much. Although I was thoroughly impressed with the overall menu/UI artwork, which is something SNK has never been good at, imo.

However, I was playing this again the other day, and I really enjoyed it. I'm being lame and using a regular game team (team Garou, Terry/Kim/Duck), but it was great.

Anyway, since South Africa is also PAL, I'm hoping I may be able to pick it up here. Wouldn't be the first game I've seen here that isn't available in NZ (Resevoir Dogs game, hoo!). So here's hoping.

fluxcore

The artwork and overall presentation of XI is fantastic, in my opinion. The one thing which annoys me with the UI is that when you're picking the order of your team, it makes you wait for ages while it shows you which buttons to press before you can actually select them - and if you know which to press, you can't cut out the wait! Garrrr....

But yeah, I'd recommend this game to anyone, and especially Marvel players. Hyperhop basically makes it seem like everyone has a triangle jump, for really quick high/low mixups which are pretty safe, whenever you want. The quick shift combos are also basically like DHCs, except you can do them on normal hits as well as supers. It's just a really fun, fast, action-packed fighting engine.

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to play stuff recently and GGXXAC has been getting priority on the odd occasion... but I'll be coming back to XI, don't you worry!!

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I wont. the fact that its on the WORST machine at yifans means i wont be playing it again until i get a copy for ps2. Which sucks because its my favourite 2d fighter.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Is there someone you can petition to about that? The problem is that all the people that WOULD play XI now won't because the cab sucks - and then it'll just be removed from yifan's entirely because no-one plays it. If you can hassle someone enough that they just switch it into a better cab because they are sick of dealing with you, then everyone wins :D

--flux

fluxcore

fluxcore

Well bugger me sideways, GPStore has it on the site again - listed as available July 6th

http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Games/1536113.html

Check out the price... $50! Get that shit!

--flux

samurai black

Coddfish

Awesome! ...Aside from the bugs.
The best part of having an english version will be knowing what the requirements are for the challenges :S

(GP Store please still have it in stock when I get back to NZ. GPStore please still have it in stock when I get back to NZ. GPStore please still have it...)

fluxcore

Just got notification that my order of KoFXI has shipped!

Kick ass...

--flux

fluxcore

And finally, it's in my hands! This game deserves a front page news item, so I'll put one up when I get home from work

--flux

Gino

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Nice. when do you reckon its gonna hit the shelves?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Official release date is the 6th, I think. So give a couple of days after that I guess - probably a good idea to call up your local and ask though.

--flux