• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

King Of Fighters XI (PS2) OUT NOW

Started by fluxcore, January 15, 2007, 10:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Oh and I can definitely confirm that Tizoc/Griffon Mask is listed on the char select screen as "Mai" and that the text in endings runs off the screen... sloppy, sloppy, Ignition!

Seems fine in all other respects though - also has 50/60Hz select upon start up.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Eddy_COMBO

Sorry guys 2D fighter noob here lol

But to the Auckland dudes is this the KOF game that use to be where Melty Blood is ?.

If so great I'll buy it cause I use to love watchin everyone play that game especially that Gambit like guy that uses cards hes cool.

PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

You are correct, and the guy with the cards is Oswald - he's pretty buff. It's also quite a nice game to get into, the controls and stuff are quite... friendly.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I spent a year of my life playing this game as opposed to mvc2. and now my mvc2 game sucks and kofxi is on a different machine. Thanks yifans, you rock.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Just as a kick in the ass for those of us that pre-ordered, GPStore are having a sale - they are going Online only.

To celebrate, they are knocking $10 off the price of KoFXI!

Not content with it being super affordable before ($50) - now it's only $40! Absolutely no excuse to buy it now!

--flux

fluxcore

One thing I believe is missing from the PAL release is support for RGB monitors - I've just made a cable for PS2 which hooks directly up to my monitor in my arcade cabinet, but the game needs to support 480p for it to work. Usually this is selected in games which support it by holding down Triangle and X when booting, however this does diddly squat for the PAL release of KoFXI (works with the JP release though).

Kinda disappointing, but not the end of the world - just means if I want to skip the TV Tuner part of my setup I need to use the JP release.

--flux

geneterror

I picked this up on Saturday and racked up about 4 hours. It's good to finally be able to practice without pumping in money.
Being able to practice special>super>dream is helpful for me.
KOW 2011