• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

My WCG trip

Started by massi4h, September 29, 2010, 07:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Sup guys might as well post up my trip if it interests you guys. As most of you know, I'm in LA atm for the World Cyber Games playing Guitar Hero 5. Starts on Thursday (so Friday in NZ). www.wcg.com will have live streams but I don't know if they will be streaming guitar hero, but they will be streaming Tekken 6.

Day 1:

So far I know they are filming some WCG ultimate gamer on Saturday, so Justin Wong most likely will be there. We landed here about 13 hours ago and spent most of the day trying to get something to convert the power supply on our xboxes, but so far got nothing. So we also went looking for Family Fun Arcade which we know has consoles so maybe we could see if they have guitar hero or just consoles for us to rent to practice. The address we found said that Family Fun Arcade was about 2 miles away. So we walked which took over half an hour to find it was now a shtity video game store and they had moved.
Got back to the hotel and found that it had moved to somewhere 30 miles away. So fuck that.
We went to check a gamestop to see if they had anything to help us out, but na. But this guy who regulars at that gamestop helped us out heaps and then showed us what buses to catch to get off to Family Arcade (thought he meant Family Fun Arcade lol).
So me and Rudeism went on the bus and he was paranoid about us missing the stop so we got off pretty early, then ended up walking about 4 or 5 blocks to find the arcade which was not FFA... It was a tiny arcade (slightly bigger than Queen St TZ) with no consoles but lots of games and 3 Marvel machines.
There were a bunch of Spanish guys playing so I thought I might as well give them a few games. Soon as I start playing the machine I hated the controls. It was a really weird stick with a CIRCULAR gate and the buttons were worse than hori buttons in a straight layout (not curved to my hand). But these guys had no problems with the controls and they handed me my ass more so than most of the NZ guys. Their sentinels were actually scarier than like Simon's. I could barely even pull off a PP dash though but farrk it was mad. My last game I lost my mags in about 10 seconds to the other guy's mags resetting me like 4 times. And I know the resets but I just couldn't block that shit. It was pretty awesome.
Tomorrow we're gonna try get the xboxes working or else we're gonna look around some more and I wanna check out either Arcade Infinity or Dreamlab Arcadia which will take a bus, train and subway to get to.

Skullator

nice nice, hope you melt faces on guitar hero. Is that USA champ guy gunna be there?

stereomonkey

Have fun Mason, and those sticks are probably happs as that is the preferred arcade style over there for older games.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Haha i remember when simon went to like, Taiwan or some shit, came back and complained that everyone beasted him at marvel. I think NZ is more lol on the worldwide marvel scene than we are on the worldwide sf4 scene.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

I love using happs on marvel
thats what i put in my machine feels yuck on tekken games though

zos'la

good luck Mason, all the best.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Wow! That's awesome! Good luck bro!

geneterror

Jealous as, good shit Mason!
KOW 2011

originaljulz

I wish I was good enough at something to compete on a world stage :/
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

CptMunta

Good stuff mason :) kick some ass! Hopefully you can find a convertor for your power supplys. School the world with GH goodness!
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Rorooze

Oh noes :( Looks like Mason got through pool play but lost the first round of the single elimination bracket to the guy who won the whole thing!

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Rorooze

massi4h

Yeah fml. Got a shit draw but can't do shit about it. Can't say much cause I'm trying to write on my iTouch. Anyway got Justin Wong, Marn and Ryan Hart to sign my stick and got photos with each of them. Anyway going to Disneyland tomorrow and the Samsung promo girls were the best I've ever seen. Probably the hottest chicks I've seen in real life...

Skullator

Mason did you play Wong or anyone at SSFIV?

Bad luck on Guitar hero man =\ how many people made the single elim thing through pools ?