• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

ooooh look what i just brought .......

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, November 23, 2010, 09:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

looks like a semi legit champion edition arcade machine , or at least a machine that looks in pretty good nick with a champions edtion pcb kit with marquee , monitor surrond etc , never seen one in nz .

will try get a hyper board installed with some jlf sticks and sanwa buttons in timne for the hyper tourny at xmas damager .
i can just bring it up to gigga .

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/Arcade-pinball-machines/Complete-units/auction-334160372.htm

time for me to work my electrican 0l33t skillz
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

CaptainHook

Awesome, i figured it was just a matter of days after you were talking about it on sunday. I've looked the last few months also, but everytime
i saw one i couldn't quite convince my girlfriend that it would fit in our apartment. :D Shot bro!
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

HoneyBadger

OHHHHH BRO DA U MAN DIZL

WEEEEEEEEEEYYYMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUTH
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

LN

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on November 23, 2010, 09:03:41 PM

will try get a hyper board installed with some jlf sticks and sanwa buttons in timne for the hyper tourny at xmas damager .

Better widen the control panel for some of us fat blokes lol
There is no knowledge that is not power

Skullator

B BOY DRAW2

I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

stereomonkey

Nice one Euan!  When you have it all up and running and got the Hyper Fighting in it let me know so we can come up and bestify that machine :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

Man if only the U-boy from 1992 could see you now. He'd be so jealous.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

cool , got my cab , very happy , tho couldnt get it working . looked inside and bfound the ce board to be a bootleg copy ..... booooooooo .
turns out the whole board is just borked , dodgy bootleg crapped itself

but cos im awesome i took the day off work and picked this up today ....

bahhhhhh hyper fighting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

found theres no light in the marque so ive wired up 2 new 15w energy savers in there to give a nice no heat light up in the marque and gives a nice overall light .
also just putting in the new sanwa 30mm buttons from the te's and picking up 2 new sanwa jlf sticks so everyone cant complain they cant do the moves correctly cos these are te sticks and buttons , no excuses !!!!!!!

(lol at the one white sanwa ive put in so far haha )

here it is up and running been beasting it all day , really need to keep doing the rest of my work on it , waing for the ce edition joystick bezel cover and sf2 ce turbo stickers for side of cab , will probably repaint it tommorow too and fill in any crappy bits on the cab .

got really lucky , the monitor is like new , hard to take a photo of a crt that shows it , but it has perfect colours and looks amazing as does the sound , oh lordy the sound is awesome , might put 2x new 6'9 speakers in there to boom it out haha sounds great already tho .

anyway right , ive decided that the xbox hyper fighting speed is wrong as is mames unfortunately .
probably alot of you know that mame/ggpo run the game 5-15seconds faster than the actual board as does the xbox live version .

also alot of the arcades /fish and chip shops etc have either bootleg boards or have hyper fighting pcb installed ontop of the original world warrior board .
this also causes speed issues as the old boards up to 1991 (ww and ce) run at 10mhz .
everything from 1991 onwards , capcom started using 12mhz master ce boards and hyper fighting boards .

so for hyper fighting to run correctly you need a dash board with 12mhz crystal. From 1992 onward Capcom used only dash board with 12mhz clocks, that's true for qsound games also.
Capcom used 10mhz quartz until 1991.

i ended up paying a extra $100 ontop of the $200 i spent today for an original hyper fighting pcb to get an original 12mhz crystal sf dash master board .

just got it all up and running in my cab and i can notice a speed difference

glad to have the proper board running at the correct speed now , im happy to bring it to christmas damager for people to have a blast on , nothing like the real thing .

just fitted the new sanwa buttons and picking up to jlf sticks tommorow so will have jap sticks and buttons in the old cab so no one has to worry about not being used to the mcb sticks and buttons .

already started doing it up , wired in new lights into the top and a few other things , will look at getting a new panel for the front to move buttons further apart but not sure if i will have this done in time for the comp .

anyway will probably have a jam on saturday if anyone wants to roll round for some money matches lol

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

oh and just a interstng point . the guy i got the boards off told me a cool story .

turns out in the 90's coin cascade had the nz license to sell sf2 boards , hence why these like ce, ww and hf were almost $2500 a board .

thats why there is so many chinese bootleg copies in nz , the boards were too expensive for the fish and chip shop owners so they imported bootlegs ww boards for $500 each .
coin cascade actually had agents and officers who did dawn raids on hundreds of aracde operators and fish and chip stores , confiscating all bootleged boards and these people were fined heavily .
obviously theres still heaps of these bootleg boards out there , they couldnt stop people bringing them in .

just abit of useless info i thoought was really cool to find out .
very happy to have a legit board and pcb

LN

Awesome :)

Although from what I understand pretty much all HF cabs run at slightly different speeds, I think it's pretty hard for anyone to say what the 'true' speed should be.

I see what you meant by the 'top pcb' now though :)
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yes they run at different speeds because they either have a bootleg A board with bootleg B hyper board , a original ww board with bootleg hyper pcb or they have an original ww board and original hyper board but these run at 10mhz  so still give the incorrect speed .

also the first ce edition boards are 10 mhz .
later editions from 1991 onwards are 12mhz crystal boards
you need a 12mhz sf2 dash board with original hyper pcb to run hf at the correct speed which i have now :)

thats the reason all the hyper fighting cabs run at different speeds , differening master boards with differing pcbs .

correct speed is from a  sf2 dash 12mhz board , original hyper top pcb