• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

MvC3 BradyGames strat guide

Started by LN, January 24, 2011, 01:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LN

BradyGames are producing the MvC3 strategy guide, which is good news imo - brady made the wonderful SF2Anniversary Edition and SFAlpha Anthology guides, both of which are consider very good quality.

The MvC3 guide is said to include frame data as well :)

Preorders are available at http://www.fishpond.co.nz/product_info.php?id=9780744012873 for $35 incl shipping. Probably pretty good value imo.
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im intrigued. I might have to invest in one of these.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

LN

Oh right, there is a bit more info here

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/23/bradygames-marvel-vs-capcom-3-guide-has-frame-data/

Also, it should be noted that the amazing quality of the two guides I mentioned was because they were released years after the original game releases, thus giving plenty of time to find the best strats and whatnot. Which obviously MvC3 won't have had.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I doubt i would be using it for the strategy. Frame data might be kinda useful. Im just so hype for marvel that i kinda want as much stuff to do with it as i can get my hands on.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

originaljulz

Good buy for someone new to the series and wanting to learn up quick you think, Alan?
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

LN

Can't hurt, lol :)

But yeah, I imagine it will be a good thing on at least showing you how to approach the game, even if the strats and combos become outdated fairly quickly...

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer i heard they made a shit as sc4 one that sounded really really badd.

But it's pretty obvious that this will definitely give you a headstart on people without it. There's not gonna be any challenges or tutorials in this game either ay.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

MistaTCR

I just might invest in one of these as I was pretty terrible at MvC2. Also fishpond keeps changing the price, its $42.99 now.
I need my pay cheque!!!

LN

Mightyape has it for like $35 incl shipping.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

CptMunta

Seth gives props to it in his interview with neo empire:
http://www.neoempire.com/?p=6314

Definitely gonna pick up a copy. :D
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

geneterror

I'll be sure to download the PDF in a few weeks and print it out at work :P
KOW 2011

LN

It's only $35. If you aren't going to buy it, at least have the decency to print out other sources of info :P

geneterror

Actually I probably won't even bother getting it all. I don't really read/use strategy guides and I'm sure the frame data will be everywhere in a couple of months and thats all I really want.
KOW 2011

CptMunta

Quote from: geneterror on February 03, 2011, 01:57:56 PM
I'll be sure to download the PDF in a few weeks and print it out at work :P

I'm going to acquire a digital copy too, just to have a less bulky version on hand for my ipod.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta