• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

What will your team be in MvC3?

Started by theINFAMOUSkiwi, February 13, 2011, 06:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theINFAMOUSkiwi

Obviously the game hasn't come out yet so there can be no real sure answer to what your team will be but do you guys or gals have any idea who you want to use in your team. You can choose multiple teams if ya want, I want to try out:

Deadpool
Albert Wesker
Super-Skrull or Dante

I don't really know what my end team will be but I definitely want Deadpool and Wesker in it as they are my favourite characters from Marvel and Capcom.

Yours?

Chocobuny

Quote from: theINFAMOUSkiwi on February 13, 2011, 06:25:23 PM
Obviously the game hasn't come out yet so there can be no real sure answer to what your team will be but do you guys or gals have any idea who you want to use in your team. You can choose multiple teams if ya want, I want to try out:

Deadpool
Albert Wesker
Super-Skrull or Dante

I don't really know what my end team will be but I definitely want Deadpool and Wesker in it as they are my favourite characters from Marvel and Capcom.

Yours?

I still need to play you man! Hopefully getting my PS3 back this week.

My dream team at the moment is probably

C Viper
Weskar
Storm

C Viper and Weskar just seem like great rush down characters, and Storm has some nice assists to help out plus some good rush down of her own. I have never played a vs's game, nor have I looked too much into MvC3 but just from my impressions it seems okay. Haven't seen any good viper play though.

LN

Team Tits! Trish/Morrigan/Viper (unsure of order, unsure of assist names)

Dormammu/Storm/Sentinel

Something with Phoenix in it. Probably also with sent in it LOL SENT CRY MOAR ETC
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Nick4now

I dub my team Haggar/Hulk/Hsien-Ko as Team Triple H.

Time to play the game!

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

HyperViper NZ

Quote from: Chocobuny on February 13, 2011, 06:32:13 PM
I still need to play you man! Hopefully getting my PS3 back this week.

My dream team at the moment is probably

C Viper
Weskar
Storm

C Viper and Weskar just seem like great rush down characters, and Storm has some nice assists to help out plus some good rush down of her own. I have never played a vs's game, nor have I looked too much into MvC3 but just from my impressions it seems okay. Haven't seen any good viper play though.

Same as my team too so far!

Hydro

At the moment I'm thinking:

Wesker/Dante/Ironman

Looks strong. :D

Worried about that sentinel tho, and Arthur, bloody keep away masters.

scribble

Damn, three Viper/Storm/Weskers already. Definitely rethinking my lineup. Probably play Viper/Storm/Amaterasu. Maybe swap in Wesker or Sent somewhere.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

A lot of the teams im seeing (not just here, but on SRK as well) are people basically picking 3 strong point characters, and shoving them on a team. All good for learning your favourite characters, and for enjoying yourself, but in terms of effectiveness, a lot of people will probably need to drop one of their chars. Not only that, team order is going to play a big part in it as well. Team synergy is really REALLY important. Remember youre not playing Three 1v1 games, youre playing ONE 3v3 game.

Take Hydro for example. Wesker/Dante/Ironman are all great characters, but only 2 of them really work well together.

Ironman + Wesker works well because if Ironmans amazing Tri dash, coupled with Weskers low hitting assist for those high/low/unblockable shenanigans. Awesome. Ironman is really solid in terms of mobility, and versatility. Builds meter well, rushes well, and can function at distance. Probably one of the best characters in the game to open with atm. Can DHC into maximum wesker to tag some more damage onto his combo if he wants, and can abuse his assist too. While Wesker/Ironman isnt a super amazing combination when in that order, In a pinch you CAN use Iron mans repulsor to get a couple of easy juggles, and as an average/OK anti air or to control some space around wesker letting him start his teleport mixup games. And DHCing back into Ironman is even MORE awesome than going the other way. Dante is the problem here imo. Neither character needs what dante's assists give them. Even though Jam session is a great Anti air when used correctly, the team needs other things more than that. And hes not that great to DHC into from what Ive seen. Great point char. Similar to Ironman in that he kind of does everything, but Ironman can rush a bit better, and dante controls more space with his normals than Ironman. Dante doesnt really work super well with the other two chars though, whereas they can potentially synergise reasonably well with each other. What the team here needs is an effective method of either getting in, or pinning the opponent.

The third char needs to cover those needs. Sentinel drones would be really good, and probably the best option. Doom Rocks would also be a really good option. Storms assist could work the same way, but it travels a bit fast to be as useful as the other two. Basically, Any assist that will control space on the ground that you can use basically as a wall for you to follow in. Particularly good with wesker since you can make it look like they need to block one way, then teleport and hit them from the other side. Personally, If you wanted to use Wesker/IM/???, the team I would use, and the order I would use it in would be Ironman/Wesker/Sentinel. Even ignoring sentinels strengths on point, his drones assist is probably the best one for this team.

Ironman/Wesker + drones is pretty beast. Youve got everything you need as well as some cool shit like the unblockable with wesker. Really good team that will be really strong competitively.

Sorry to use your team as an example Hydro. I wont be giving people team suggestions unless they ask for it, since realistically, you can just play what you like and have fun with it. Not only that, but depending on how you play, you might not need to cover your characters baseline weaknesses with an assist. Im certainly not trying to be a dick and bag anyones team, but these are the kinds of things I think people need to be thinking about when they choose their teams if they are looking to be competitive. A lot of people are concentrating too heavily on individual character strengths when they should really be looking at how the team works as a whole. Hydro's original team might work really well for him with Dante, but it also might not. Look at how you play, look at your character choices. Find the weaknesses, and build a team that covers them.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Mags/Wesker/Dormamu or someone else depending on how he feels.

I've been keen for wesker before he was even announced when word of marvel 3 was coming.  That's how hyped I am for the man :D

Bill: Not meaning to put you on the hill of kung but is it not too early to talk about synergies of teams before it's been released for people to play?  Has everything about which type of assist is best for who and why already out there?  Give some people some time to feel out what is good for them.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I definitely dont think its too early. Either way, I was just giving an example. It came out like a recommendation, which it wasnt.

Im just saying that Its something people need to consider when building a team. If Hydro finds he can skillfully get in on his opponent without a drones assist, then by all means, Dante might be the way to go. Its DEFINITELY trial and error. Particularly in the early stages of the games life. But synergy between your team and your playstyle is the kind of thing peeps need to think about.

I wasnt being a dick, nor was I being a Kung.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Funnily enough Dante is my favorite, but he is also the one I felt least sure about, as he's quite the lone wolf I know. I like the idea of sentinel, but dunno if I can bring myself to play him, feels like laming it out lol. Your suggestion for Doom as a possible third with rocks assist sounds interesting, but then I come back to Dante with Jam session (corridor) assist, which I know I could get use out of, I dunno I'll trial both n see.

I really appreciate the advice as I'm well at scrub level atm. I guess I'll have a better idea of my team once the game hits on thurs.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im just trying to encourage people to think about team dynamics. Its really important. As i said, its ONE 3v3 game, not three 1v1 games.

But whatever works for you is best. ALWAYS.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

I noticed the example but I was trying to state that it's hard for people to think about synergies without playing it in depth like some other members have.  Thats all dude.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power