• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

What will your team be in MvC3?

Started by theINFAMOUSkiwi, February 13, 2011, 06:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Yeah Yeah, I appreciate the advice definitely. 

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Except its not that hard. People can start thinking things like, "I like haggar. I bet he would be good with a fireball. Oh, I can have Haggar and put Ryu on fireball assist. Thats cool."

You have so many options in MVC3. SOOOOO many options. Its more than just picking 3 cool characters. Even if you want to do that, you still have a myriad of assist type combinations, and team order to work with. Theres no reason not to start thinking about how stuf gels together. I dont want people grabbing the game, playing it for a bit, and then putting it down without realising all the creative options that building the team gives you in terms of what you can do in game.

By all means play if first with whoever you like, and then start thinking about synergy. Im not saying to anyone "YOUR TEAM IS SUCKS CHANGE IT", im saying that when you play, think about whats working/what isnt, and adjust your team accordingly. People could be sitting there losing with their favourite character, and then swapping him/her out of their team for a character they like less, when all they potentially needed to do was swap out an assist.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Hydro on February 13, 2011, 10:20:42 PM
Yeah Yeah, I appreciate the advice definitely.

Gah. I hope you dont think I was picking on you. If your team works it works. It was just an example for people to think about how to build a team.

@Stu/Alan: Im just trying to help people that might not be experienced with this side of team building. The fact that it might be difficult for them to think about this without playing the game in depth makes my post all the more relevant.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

I think that we should all just talk about the game regardless of how much people have played it.  Talk about your ideas and what you think works, and if you are wrong, then someone else can tell you their experience and you get to learn.

I think that Wesker and IM unblockables would hardly ever happen tbh though bill.  IM Doesn't really set up many situations where you could easily set up an unblockable, since all his combo enders end in a techable knockdown, and people will push his tri-dash off if they block it anyway.

I think Dante will work well with Wesker to extend his combos maybe since his assist hits otg, and wesker can't otg combo outside of assist and KFC.

I think Wesker/IM/Dante would work better with wesker on point, and having IM back him with proton beam as to lock the opponent while wesker does teleport shenanigans.

Big problem I see there is no safe DHC to any of the other characters outside of combos.  Or is maximum wesker safe?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

LN

Not safe, at least against some chars
There is no knowledge that is not power

Hydro

Thanks Len: From what I've seen max Wesker is safe-ish.

Just saw Maximillion play my team, exactly as lenny described. Wesker on point, Ironman assist (beam), Dante OTG assist, dante w/- xfactor to finish if last. nice. lots of nice dhc combos, assists to extend otg, sexy stuff.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Lennysaurus on February 13, 2011, 10:33:37 PM
I think that Wesker and IM unblockables would hardly ever happen tbh though bill.  IM Doesn't really set up many situations where you could easily set up an unblockable, since all his combo enders end in a techable knockdown, and people will push his tri-dash off if they block it anyway.

Doesnt necessarily have to be used after a knockdown. I saw someone in a video close distance with Iron man, call wesker, cross up, and then go for a tri jump unblockable.

Quote from: Lennysaurus on February 13, 2011, 10:33:37 PM
I think Wesker/IM/Dante would work better with wesker on point, and having IM back him with proton beam as to lock the opponent while wesker does teleport shenanigans.

This is actually a good point. Because wesker can cancel his f.C into teleport, the speed of the beam is less important than with general rushdown.

But goddammit. I wasnt trying to give james a suggestion. I was trying to give people something else to think about when theyre building their teams. In a good way.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Chun for sure, dunno who will work well with her yet due to lack of Marvel knowledge.
Will be looking at Zero, Storm, Jill, Sent, Morrigan, Doom and X-23 to see if I can make them fit.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Hydro on February 13, 2011, 10:37:44 PM
Thanks Len: From what I've seen max Wesker is safe-ish.

Just saw Maximillion play my team, exactly as lenny described. Wesker on point, Ironman assist (beam), Dante OTG assist, dante w/- xfactor to finish if last. nice. lots of nice dhc combos, assists to extend otg, sexy stuff.

Nice.

Im still not wrong though. BECAUSE I WASNT GIVING A TEAM SUGGESTION YOU KUNGS. I think this has somehow become my least favourite topic on the forum.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on February 13, 2011, 10:30:04 PM
@Stu/Alan: Im just trying to help people that might not be experienced with this side of team building. The fact that it might be difficult for them to think about this without playing the game in depth makes my post all the more relevant.

Bro, totally agree with ya but I think people will actually be able to understand the synergies when they touch the game and ask question about their team on the forum AFTER they play it.  It's good for people to start thinking about it now but it ain't gonna help if they can't see what their character/playstyle is lacking simply by saying "this character may/probably has a hard time with ____ and so I should think about how to overcome this with _____"

As what Lenny suggested it would benefit players to test it for themselves and then ask question on improving their team and getting input from everyone on the forum from what they have found.

EDIT: Bill, this is not a flame war or anything against you man.  I just think give people some time to work things out for themselves in the first couple of days after release. 
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: stereomonkey on February 13, 2011, 10:44:25 PM
Bro, totally agree with ya but I think people will actually be able to understand the synergies when they touch the game and ask question about their team on the forum AFTER they play it.  It's good for people to start thinking about it now but it ain't gonna help if they can't see what their character/playstyle is lacking simply by saying "this character may/probably has a hard time with ____ and so I should think about how to overcome this with _____"

As what Lenny suggested it would benefit players to test it for themselves and then ask question on improving their team and getting input from everyone on the forum from what they have found.

I know its not a flame war. My problem is that i've said all the stuff youre saying, but it still sounds like a fucking argument. Shit is driving me nuts. Its like someone saying "THE RED TRAFFIC LIGHT MEANS STOP" and another person is saying "NO YOURE AN IDIOT!!! THE GREEN TRAFFIC LIGHT MEANS GO"
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

originaljulz

Maybe I'll choose some variation of Dante/Deadpool like everyone else
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Lennysaurus

Nah what I meant Stu is that people should just talk about it regardless of whether they have tested for themselves.  Ask questions, talk about how you think other combination's will work.  The more we talk about it, the better we get imo.  As long as the discussion is on topic, I don't see harm in people talking about it.  It's hard not to cause the game is fucking exciting, and from the 3 hours I got to spend with it at Monaco, it really does live up to the hype.

But Bill is definitely wrong.  I think we can all agree on that.  Not just in this topic, but in everything he does in life.  Shame Bill.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on February 13, 2011, 10:49:12 PM
I know its not a flame war. My problem is that i've said all the stuff youre saying, but it still sounds like a fucking argument. Shit is driving me nuts. Its like someone saying "THE RED TRAFFIC LIGHT MEANS STOP" and another person is saying "NO YOURE AN IDIOT!!! THE GREEN TRAFFIC LIGHT MEANS GO"

Hahaha, sorry.  I think missed this post.  If I had read it earlier I would have stopped repeating myself. ::)

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on February 13, 2011, 10:26:02 PM
Except its not that hard. People can start thinking things like, "I like haggar. I bet he would be good with a fireball. Oh, I can have Haggar and put Ryu on fireball assist. Thats cool."

You have so many options in MVC3. SOOOOO many options. Its more than just picking 3 cool characters. Even if you want to do that, you still have a myriad of assist type combinations, and team order to work with. Theres no reason not to start thinking about how stuf gels together. I dont want people grabbing the game, playing it for a bit, and then putting it down without realising all the creative options that building the team gives you in terms of what you can do in game.

By all means play if first with whoever you like, and then start thinking about synergy. Im not saying to anyone "YOUR TEAM IS SUCKS CHANGE IT", im saying that when you play, think about whats working/what isnt, and adjust your team accordingly. People could be sitting there losing with their favourite character, and then swapping him/her out of their team for a character they like less, when all they potentially needed to do was swap out an assist.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Lennysaurus on February 13, 2011, 10:55:46 PM
But Bill is definitely wrong.  I think we can all agree on that.  Not just in this topic, but in everything he does in life.  Shame Bill.

I thoroughly dislike you Leonard.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.