• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

What will your team be in MvC3?

Started by theINFAMOUSkiwi, February 13, 2011, 06:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

yeah that dog weapon swap combo is difficult, i managed to get to the end once then fucked it up. timing on the weapon swap to standing m is pretty tight.

massi4h

Ammy's missions were definitely the hardest for me. Those damn weapon changes suck. I was doing them at 5 in the morning on release day though lol. I went to bed cause I couldn't do number 10 then did it in less than a minute in the morning. I really don't think those combos are practical at all anyway. Just learn that 1000 hit ground combo into launch into B,B,C super/air tag

theINFAMOUSkiwi

Finally found my team today, it is...

Zero-Hadangeki (Assist B)
Doctor Doom-Hidden Missile (Assist B)
Akuma-Gohadoken (Assist A)

I am pretty decent with all those characters and have learnt all their moves, they work pretty well together. Zero is a rushdown character so I start off with him to deal some early damage. Doctor Doom is more of a defensive character so I put him in the ring if I am getting rush-downed to try fiend my enemy off. Akuma is an average player so I weave in and out with him and try to create as many mix-ups as possible.

I might change their assists around once I get to know the game better but right now those assists are work.

K123_iy

Going with wesker, dante, and ironman atm.
When I play arcade seems like i can do more with dante and less with wesker but player to player its the other way round :-\

massi4h

Quote from: theINFAMOUSkiwi on February 20, 2011, 03:58:45 PM
Finally found my team today, it is...

Zero-Hadangeki (Assist B)
Doctor Doom-Hidden Missile (Assist B)
Akuma-Gohadoken (Assist A)

I am pretty decent with all those characters and have learnt all their moves, they work pretty well together. Zero is a rushdown character so I start off with him to deal some early damage. Doctor Doom is more of a defensive character so I put him in the ring if I am getting rush-downed to try fiend my enemy off. Akuma is an average player so I weave in and out with him and try to create as many mix-ups as possible.

I might change their assists around once I get to know the game better but right now those assists are work.

I'm not sure what Zero assist that is but I would recommend the one that's an uppercut. And for akuma's assist, a is the worst by far, it's just a fireball. Tatsu assist creates space, locks them down for mixups and hit confirms for combos while the dive kick assist is overhead (which can be used to set up unblockables) and will also otg in your combos for you so you can extend them, would be good to help Zero I guess.  Also imo swap the order of doom and akuma, since doom should be your primary assist and you don't want him coming out badly hurt if zero gets killed. Akuma and Zero should be able to cleanly DHC off eachother off their bnb combos as well.

theINFAMOUSkiwi

Quote from: massi4h on February 20, 2011, 05:57:40 PM
I'm not sure what Zero assist that is but I would recommend the one that's an uppercut. And for akuma's assist, a is the worst by far, it's just a fireball. Tatsu assist creates space, locks them down for mixups and hit confirms for combos while the dive kick assist is overhead (which can be used to set up unblockables) and will also otg in your combos for you so you can extend them, would be good to help Zero I guess.  Also imo swap the order of doom and akuma, since doom should be your primary assist and you don't want him coming out badly hurt if zero gets killed. Akuma and Zero should be able to cleanly DHC off eachother off their bnb combos as well.

Thanks for the advice, I didn't know what assists to use but I shall try those out later tonight. I'll also swap Akuma and Doom around and see how they do

karizzma

Ya Im finding in most teams for people even my mate kaze, dante just gets smashed. I told him to trade him out for someone else and it instantly made his team better.

originaljulz

Dante is fun as fuck tho. Why'd they give him like, a bajillion special moves? When some people have like, three?
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro my Dante like the best in my team. OCVing niggaz all day. When he's hot he's hot. If he does good it's ocv. If he does shit i lose the whole game. But if you stop to think and your not quickly freestyling awesome mixups he's dead. For me anyway. But then again, i've never been a blocker.

Assists and teleports feel broken as. I might just have a whole teleporting team.

Dante/Phoenix/Sent sounds pretty mint. Don't wanna drop Akuma  though cos his BNB is too awesome and does more damage then Dante long as fuck combo. By the time he finish combo all you chars health is back. But Phoenix after sent has built the metre will be broken as. Can't pass that up.

Quote from: Skullator on February 20, 2011, 12:56:40 PM
Chun Storm Sent at the mo, still learning the basics though. Movement takes a while.

Yer, it feels funny dashing with two attacks ay. Its' really good for quick airdashes though.

You must be loving Chun in this game ay bro. She like Chun on P or something.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Nick4now

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 21, 2011, 12:14:17 AM
Bro my Dante like the best in my team. OCVing niggaz all day. When he's hot he's hot. If he does good it's ocv. If he does shit i lose the whole game. But if you stop to think and your not quickly freestyling awesome mixups he's dead. For me anyway. But then again, i've never been a blocker.

Bro my Phoenix is the same. The first trophy I got was the one where you gotta win without blocking... And I wasn't even aiming for that  either so i guess that indicates that my defense is shit  ;D I'm pretty much only getting ROCVs with Level 3 X-Factor Dark Phoenix. Sooooo broken lol

And to stay on topic my team atm is Phoenix, Haggar, Deadpool. Imo Phoenix kinda plays like Strider so I might try and switch Deadpool for Doom.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

massi4h

I dunno if Phoenix would pair well with Sent tbh. It's kinda wasting your sent if you're not using any meter with him cause damn when you end a combo with the bubble super it does a whole lot more.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on February 21, 2011, 01:41:41 AM
I dunno if Phoenix would pair well with Sent tbh. It's kinda wasting your sent if you're not using any meter with him cause damn when you end a combo with the bubble super it does a whole lot more.

Yer tru that. Everyone in this game is fucking broken as. I've been beasted by every char lol. When i win someone will moan about Dante or Sent. It's like bro, go face someone better than me with any char will beast your ass lol. The bitch is anoying me to the days. Her fuckin L spam is bullshit.

Man Hulk is so strong too. Getting beasted by this hulk player man. I try keep away , but i'm pretty shit at it.

There's some good player on PSN now. I've gone down like 5 spots haha. Thinking about copying this dudes team. He's really good. Dog/Hulk/Sent. Too beast. I just swapped his Doom for Sent though, cos dumb cunt forgot Sent.

THIS GAME IS SO FUCKIN FUNNY. I am loving the funny brokeness bullshit. It's so awesome. X Factor is fucking awesome. Turn it on. Kill team. LOL at guy who tried to mash it but it didn't come out. OK. That guy your laughing at is me you kungs.

I still stand by it being a noob game. I can't wait to see the hilarious shit that will happen at tournaments.

LVL 3 XF SENTINAL BITCHES BAHAHAHAAHAHH

I also like the way Bill put it. 'It's not three 1v1 games, it's one 3v3 game'.

But imo it's one 2v2 game. With an awesome lvl3 XF Sentinal mini game for the winner hahaha.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

It IS a noob game atm. It doesn't need much tweaking to be really really fucking awesome though.

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 21, 2011, 01:51:47 AM
I also like the way Bill put it. 'It's not three 1v1 games, it's one 3v3 game'.

But imo it's one 2v2 game. With an awesome lvl3 XF Sentinal mini game for the winner hahaha.

I like this quote.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HyperViper NZ

Viper, Dog thing and Trish. Although I wanna trade dog for Wesker because then all my mains wear shades. Fkoff Haggar

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: HyperViper NZ on February 24, 2011, 05:23:21 PM
Viper, Dog thing and Trish. Although I wanna trade dog for Wesker because then all my mains wear shades. Fkoff Haggar

DO IT. Team shades would be pretty balla.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.