• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

What will your team be in MvC3?

Started by theINFAMOUSkiwi, February 13, 2011, 06:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LN

Ryry on some stream today was using Magneto/Dormammu/Sentinel and was RIPPING NEW ASSHOELS

I'm going to say this team, since Ben is a slowpoke and doesn't like posting LAWL
There is no knowledge that is not power

massi4h

Well the best thing I can see against Sent so far is a really fast rushdown with fast normals, ie Wolvie and X-23. If you mash A on him with either of those his super armor isn't gonna work well for him. Close up Haggar Lariat assist should be some help. And there's also beat Sentinel with Sentinel lol. If they pull out their sent early and you get a hit in I really think if you can kill him with an XF combo do it. But then if they also have someone like Storm you don't really wanna get chipped out by her XF hail storms so fuck I dunno.

Maybe I could have some success with X-23 (low assist)/Doom (missiles)/Haggar (Lariat).

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

captain america , magneto , doom

also , captain america , ironman , thor

and team im so awesome - ryu , spiderman , deadpool
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Thats a cool combo smoof, but its not really "helping" Wesker. Its just adding hits to the combo. Its cool, and its flashy, but thats not really any kind of demonstration as to how Dante could work effectively with Wesker.

Im not saying he WONT work well, but im saying that video doesnt really prove that he does.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

JackSmash

Why he copy all my combos and upload them?

Bro anyways team cool characters is where its at.

Team cool characters (excl. Doom) : WESKER, Doom, Dante

Wesker for awesomeness, Dante for awesomeness, Doom for "cant touch me Missiles"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Make sure you're covering your doom Jack. He is begging to be supered in the face.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

JackSmash

Yeah i realized that is quite a big problem. Dante and Wesker dont really have any projectiles that could cover doom :(
Laser spammers rape him...................*ahem Ben*........................

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Thats the biggest weakness for the doom assist. Its amazing when you use it properly, but you really need to have your opponent in blockstun when you call him, or at least be able to close distance really quickly so that Doom ends up off the screen.

Something Ben does with him is call him at full screen after a disruptor, then immediately dash/airdash over so that a) opponent is under pressure from mags and b) takes doom off the screen so that it looks like the missiles are coming form nowhere. Its really effective.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

IR U IM B IL E

I want to start playing Viewtiful Joe and work a team around him. Cos everything looks better in slo-mo.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

stereomonkey

Bill, what do you think of the Mags on point, Wesker and Dormammu as assist?

I was looking at the team layout and not sure as both Eric and Wesker will probably go well on point with both having semi safe dhc if they need to use it.  Plus with Weskers assist could help out with the mix game for mags but not sure how they will help Dormammu.  Are any of his assist good for covering the on point character?

Will Dormammu be useful as a battery at the start or should I just swap him for Sent and drones?

Can't wait to get my hand on this damn game!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[8-----D] Toots

Eric on on point is pretty balla. He doesnt need meter to do alot of damage but mags into dorm dhc is gonna kill alot of chars below 1000000 health. He builds meter really fast too because he can spam em disruptor whenever he isnt rushing down. Dormammu dark hole assist helps mags lockdown the other character fairly well when rushing and running away. I think these two work really well together. Wesker allows mags to do beefier combos both midscreen and in the corner because of the low shot and yeah I guess you can setup unblockables with fly e and wesker assist.

I think dormammu needs meter in order to be effective as a keep away character without the aid of an assist like doom missles. He can pretty much hit confirm anything into chaotic flame. Em disruptor assist will help with dormammus lock down. dormammu can also rush down fairly well if he isnt getting zoned out so wesker can help him with mixups.

I would go with mags on point and then feel out whether you want wesker or dormammu as your second. Dorm as second will give you more dhc damage but if mags dies then your dormammu is put into a rough situation right away which is pretty hard to get out of. either can work as a last level3 kfc character.

Im using mags dorm doom and I think this team has alot of potential. Another team is mags dorm sent and li joes mags wesker sent. I think any of these teams can work well but i think mags wesker dorm lacks the balance that these other teams have...basically not having doom missiles or sent drones will make it harder to get in with mags or wesker.

stereomonkey

I'm not sure how hard it is to get on people but I rather have an assist that gets people off me then to have one that locks down.  If I were to play that I guess I would change to team Mags/Wesker - Strom - Sent instead.

Are there any cyclops/psylock aa type assist?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[8-----D] Toots

Only haggar lariat assist is like that. The aa assists arent invincible on startup so you cant spam em to get people off you. An assist that stops them from getting in or lets you get is alot more effective imo.

Lennysaurus

I think that Wesker/Doom isn't too bad given that wesker can drop Doom and then teleport to the other side a la strider in MVC2.  Wesker can protect assists really well in that way, you just have to get the spacing right.

Unfortunately stu the closest thing to an anti-air assist that you mash on when people get near you in this game is Hagger.  All the other AAA have stuff all invulnerability and get stuffed really easily.  Hagger on assist is beast as hell.  Probaably one of the best up thier with Doom Missile, Dog Ice, Chun legs, and Sent Drones.  He is invulnerable for fucking ages!  He sucks major cock on point though at this point.  His damage is high, but his mobility is awful.  Very much akin to Gief in MVC2.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero