• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer hard. I know what you mean with nobody wanting to play aswell. I had this problem the first week this game was out. I think they were all training.

It doesnt take long to learn a team in this game. They probably learning all the chars or something. Took me two days to learn what i still know to this day with my team (Dante/Akuma/Sent). THe rest came with actually playing and learning matchup strats.

Add the guys from this forum and hopefully it will help you get the quantity and quality of games you are after.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

Yeah something's messed up with it. I can leave it for 3 hours waiting for ranked from like 9pm to midnight and not ever find a ranked match. Got no room for friends but if any of you guys see me online through someone else's friend's list (Lenny, Blackstar, Gino, Fluxcore, couple others) chuck me an invite.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer ranked find all the laaggiest matches ever. I get ranks pretty good. From just trying over and over till i get one. But i left it cos it was too lag. Atleast i got rid of the shitty beginner title lol. I think fighter sounds better than 7th lord anyway haha.

If you just go search lobby and have the region on any. You can just go by how many bars they got. And most of USA is 4 bars which is obviously the best your gonna get if nobody from your region is playing.

But yer, just play people on your friends list. I'll ask like 7 people over and over before sombody actually wants to play me. So make sure you get heaps of peeps.

This game sucks online though. SSF4 as really fucking good compared to this shit. You can't block heaps of shit on reaction. It took me a while to notice. But i'll badly be blocking for like half a second then see my guy get hit like wtf.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Nick4now

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 03, 2011, 03:33:07 PM
But yer, just play people on your friends list. I'll ask like 7 people over and over before sombody actually wants to play me. So make sure you get heaps of peeps.

Stink am I like the 7th person you ask to play? lol But yeah I'm having trouble finding others to play and I'm not keen on searching since region isn't the same even when it's set on same  >:(

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Nick4now on March 03, 2011, 03:39:47 PM
Stink am I like the 7th person you ask to play? lol But yeah I'm having trouble finding others to play and I'm not keen on searching since region isn't the same even when it's set on same  >:(

Nah man if you actually online when i jump on. Your the first person i ask. I've only been getting lucky like that lately though.

massi4h

Actually since I'm 5th or 6th rank maybe people have the default filters on and that's why I'm not getting any challenges...

CrazyMobius

Quote from: samurai black on March 03, 2011, 09:41:17 AM
superjump

I usually get stuffed at the start of my super jump animation. Also when I get to them they end up passing under me and going to the other side.

Also does anyone have any suggestions on how to beat turtling?

CrazyMobius

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 03, 2011, 02:21:54 PM
Yer hard. I know what you mean with nobody wanting to play aswell. I had this problem the first week this game was out. I think they were all training.

It doesnt take long to learn a team in this game. They probably learning all the chars or something. Took me two days to learn what i still know to this day with my team (Dante/Akuma/Sent). THe rest came with actually playing and learning matchup strats.

Add the guys from this forum and hopefully it will help you get the quantity and quality of games you are after.

I'm still finding playing matches with people incredibly frustrating. So just trying to play random strangers at the moment. Hopefully the strategy guide will have lots of info to fill the gaps.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on March 03, 2011, 08:50:40 PM
I usually get stuffed at the start of my super jump animation. Also when I get to them they end up passing under me and going to the other side.

Find an instant, long range super. Smash the assist. When you discourage them from calling an assist to help them zone you out, it becomes a lot easier to fight keepaway, since they cant effectively cover as much of the screen.

Turtling? If theyre just sitting there blocking, then you should be able to beat them with damn near anything tbh. Elaborate a bit on what you mean by this. Are they waiting for your rushdown, then calling haggar and smashing you? Or by 'turtling' do you mean playing keepaway/runaway?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CrazyMobius on March 03, 2011, 08:50:40 PM

If they got Haggar assist. Fuck knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I punished him after assist though really. At the end you can punish him. Didn't test it though. Just from playing Nick. Fuck i really gotta stop ducking training mode lol.

samurai black

haggar assist doesnt hit low tho, so maybe get in low at the end of his spin and use a ranged assist of some sort to cover your approach.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on March 03, 2011, 09:14:25 PM

Turtling? If theyre just sitting there blocking, then you should be able to beat them with damn near anything tbh. Elaborate a bit on what you mean by this. Are they waiting for your rushdown, then calling haggar and smashing you? Or by 'turtling' do you mean playing keepaway/runaway?

Just blocking. It seems all I can do is try and throw them but that doesn't really do that much damage. If I rush down they can easily block my aerial attack set ups. It really feels like I'm missing something really obvious.

samurai black

tell us what team you're using. probably be able to provide better advice than the rather generic stuff on offer so far.

massi4h

Pick magneto and rush them down. And chuck in akumas tatsu assist. There you go, now they can't block lol. Or depending on your team you could try set up unblockables. If you have a low assist practice timing something in where you maybe go jab+assist then jump and do an overhead and see if they hit together. But really just blocking alot isn't very effective in this game imo. So hard to block some things and if you're not attacking then how can you do any damage. Generally you need characters with more mobility to get in though. You don't wanna try break their defense with say Ryu/Chris/Thor.

CaptainHook

Quote from: CrazyMobius on March 03, 2011, 11:05:39 PM
Just blocking. It seems all I can do is try and throw them but that doesn't really do that much damage.

I've only really played some friends that don't play fighting games who just mash so far, but what i found worked on them was having some
instant assist that lasts a little bit to make them block.. if they block high i crouch attack and get the feet into combo, if blocked low overhead into death.
Works on scrubs who are worse than me (and i'm fucking useless), prob on no one else though. LOL.

Edit// Oh mason just answered. Listen to him, not my crap. Haha.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K