• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea all magneto users are gay. Especially if their name is Stu/Ben/Kurt.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Quote from: samurai black on April 09, 2011, 02:25:24 PM
meh. magneto is stink anyway :P

Well don't ask for Magneto questions then Kung

Also decided to start learning Super Skrull, Thor and MODOK so what are peoples verdicts/tips on those three guys?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

nah, id like to be as well informed as possible  :P

as for thor, we just dont see enough mighty speech.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on April 09, 2011, 02:42:06 PM
Yea all magneto users are gay. Especially if their name is Stu/Ben/Kurt.
haha therefore i am the best and the greatest and the master of magnetisim
MOHOHOHOHOOHOHO
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

YEAH MODOK.

Master the move that reverses peoples controls. Then you will be a MODOK GOD.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

CptMunta

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on April 09, 2011, 02:22:49 PM
Its the online that kills it. Thats it.

SSF4 doesnt have the best online in the world, but its definitely playable. THIS game has some of the worst online lag ive ever experienced. Can't even get good games with local guys. For casual gamers, online is the be all and end all of replayability, so a game like this isnt going to hook in any new casuals, because it has a major aspect that is lackluster. Most of us recognise that when the game is being played as it should be (offline), its awesome. Its definitely the most fun ive had in a fighting game since MVC2, but it sucks that I cant sit at home and train up with people, since its like playing underwater.

Amazing game. Crippled by bad online. I think this is a major reason why we need to become a more known and established community. So that games like this one that dont deserve to fail dont ACTUALLY end up falling off the radar.

I agree that this is a big factor into the split that's happening in the community. But I also think there are a few other factors too.

1. The game is hard.
Ok so for people that understand the team and assist aspect of marvel this game is easy and way easier than marvel 2. But imagine you didn't pick up a fighting game after you put down your megadrive/snes controller in the 90's. Street Fighter IV comes out and there are ton of scrubs to play online day 1 that you can own by mashing DP and feel good. So you stick with it, you get semi decent, you win most of your online matches, you learn stuff online and beat most of your friends.

Then MvC3 is announced. You get hype because you heard MvC2 was awesome but personally found it too hard to get into. You hear MvC3 is going to be easier to get into just like SF4 was. You build up all these skills: 1 frame links, footsies, FADCs from SF4 and can't wait to transfer your skills into this new beast MvC3. Only to find that alot of the stuff in SF4 means nothing in this game. 

2. MvC3 is different, fast and scary.
SF4 pretty much everything is right there on the screen. You vs the other person. You've seen the specials, you know the moves. Of course you can be surprised but most of the time you see yourself loose. In Marvel you can be dead and not even "see" it till you realize how awesomely dirty someone is playing. Stuff does massive damage and if you can't hold your ground or have some tricks to pin down your opponent you are screwed. People want to disorientate and confuse you. People want to give you alot to remember and think about. But there in lies the beauty of this game :) because of course you can learn to do all that too and that's what makes the game so damn creative <3 Training mode  :)

3: People aren't seeing Marvel for what it is, not SF4
It is such a different game and it's a fantastic one if you stick with it. I struggled with it at first because I had to shake the SF4 out of my system. SF4 had made my fingers fat and lazy. Had to play for a week just to get my fingers used to the pace of the game. Ok now I know some tricks with one character. Now I have to learn 2 more, their assists, are they good assists? and when do I use them without loosing 2 characters. It takes alot more effort than Youtubing a matchup you have trouble with or learning ways to land your Ultra. But having so much freedom and having to explore the games engine and your options is what makes MvC3 so awesome.

I was never any good at Marvel 2, I played it completely wrong. When I first started playing this game I struggled, I either lucked out and fought someone online waaaay worse than me by running away with Arthur or got destroyed by someone who was used to team dynamics, assist mixups and the core elements of Marvel. But love the game now. I'm not the best player by a long shot but each time I try something new and think outside the box and get rewarded by defeating a solid player it feels awesome.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Unbeliever

jsculls

Quote from: Barnstorm on April 09, 2011, 01:05:18 PM
I agree this game is mint
but every time i play it i go online and wish i hadnt bothered

The online is probably wat is stoping more people playing especially when u jump in ranked with some one from halfway around the world and lose to lag teleport shenanigans

I also hate tron assist

Sorry I made you hate Tron assist :P

massi4h

Haha shot Unbeliever, that's the way to do it. Playing training mode lots gets boring though when you never get to play people. We really need more meetups. And from what I've heard we'll be going back to the good old grind sessions for a bit. So many of you guys got into mvc3 but weren't keen on tournaments yet, grind sessions is a good time for you guys to start playing and get tips from us tournament guys. I'm always keen to help you guys out with what you want. First thing that's important is really to understand the core game mechanics first. That's one big problem that people don't do imo.

Lennysaurus

Yummy tron combo I worked out with mags as Disruptor Assist.

j.H, down+M, H, H drill, down+M, forward+medium, jump cancel, j.M, j.M, j.H, land, H, launch,j.M, j.M, j.H, Up exchange, hyper grav xx Magnetic tempest DHC glitch into King Kobun, forward+M jump cancel, j.M, j.H, j.S, land QCF+L, H+Assist xx QCF+M, H xx Lunch Rush

1,050,000 damage only need one bar to start the combo.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

So you get that consistently now?  Just need to guess the exchange to stop that from happening :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

LN

Guess? He can probably only combo hgrav off up exchange
There is no knowledge that is not power