• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Pay It Forward

Started by CaptainHook, February 21, 2011, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

I'm keen to start this thread for people to gift things to others on the board. It could be really simple like say giving Weazzy or Euan a ride to/back from ranbats, or maybe offering to help someone get better at a game, or anything you feel like offering up for whoever needs/wants it. The idea is to just help each other out, so hopefully it doesn't get abused but if needed we could always maintain a list of who has received something and try to make sure the same people aren't always getting stuff but that honestly defeats the purpose anyway.

Of course the recipient is not obligated to return the favour, but if they are able to help someone else out it would be cool if it WASN'T the person they received their "gift" from. It's about spreading the love around, but not a gay/Birry Wong way.

If someone is needing/wanting something, maybe they can post their request here, people looking to give might find it helpful.

So i will get it started:

I am offering up my PS3 Round 2 TE stick that has been dual modded (by Lenny) with a paewang (sp?). It works totally fine and i will include the box i got it in etc. I don't need it as i have a 360 TE that i use and the dual mod one barely gets touched (i'd rather get a 2nd XBOX one for the mic etc anyway so...) The inside is a little messy cause i was lazy with fixing the dual mod PCB to the casing but i'm sure someone can tidy that up if they're inclined. If you're not in Auckland or can't get to ranbats etc to get it off me, i just ask you pay the shipping.

First in, first served. Post here and it's yours.

I hope others get in on this and starting helping each other out. :)

EDIT //

If i can edit this post indefinitely, i will keep a list of who has received what and what's on offer:

RECEIVED

Chuckk - TE Stick
Weazzy - First Blood Entry

ON OFFER

Chuckk - offering "PS2 CVS2, GGX2 #R, Dreamcast ALpha 3, and a 360 promo copy of DBZ Raging Blast"
redtie - offering an XT simcard
Alan - offering "First Blood tournament entry for the first person that replies who hasn't been to our events before"
julz - offering "the first DVD and box for Black Lagoon season 1, and the first DVD and box for Black Lagoon season 2. -  no disk 2 and 3 for both seasons. "
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

LN

Damn, that's a beefy start!
There is no knowledge that is not power

Chuckk

Heck, I'd that that stick Hook. Been looking for one.

I can't offer as much, but can offer PS2 CVS2, GGX2 #R, Dreamcast ALpha 3, and a 360 promo copy of DBZ Raging Blast.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

CaptainHook

Sweet as Chuckk, pay for the shipping to Wellington (i've got the right guy yeah?) and it's done. PM your address and i will get it away tomorrow or the next day. :)

Chuckk

Yeah that's me. Will PM now.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Nick4now

Wow that's really generous of you Hook, I wouldn't mind that stick for myself either lol but I don't think I have anything to offer for anyone so I really don't deserve it  :-\

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CaptainHook

Just missed out bro!

But the idea isn't that you HAVE to give something back. Just for people to give IF THEY CAN. Hopefully people just randomly come in to offer stuff. And remember it doesn't have to be gaming related, or actual stuff. It can be helping people with transport or anything else.

A lot of people here are students, so financially they might not be as comfortable as some of us that work. But us working guys might not have the time we'd like to spend learning a game, so we can use others help there. Kind of a dud example but hopefully it makes sense. There may be some that can't really offer anything, and that's cool especially if we can help them. Which is the idea. I've definitely ask for lots of help (HAHA) so if i can help someone else that's awesome.

As to if people "deserve it", you make that call yourself. I mean Alan was the first person to post to this thread and obviously he felt he didn't need the stick and would leave it to someone else. So just by doing that he was paying it forward to someone also. :)

JackSmash

Shit. All the guys that have chauffeured me around must deserve a pretty hefty award!

Nick4now

Yeah I understand that but I'd feel stink of taking something and being unable to put up something to offer lol I'm not too sad about missing out on the stick since I'm more interested in a hrap3 and will purchase one sometime this year  ;D. I'd like to get myself an VLX but that's too expensive  >:( I've met Chuckk before and I know it'll be going to a nice home anyways. He's also given Chch a gift before too  :)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Aww fuck shit balls cunt. I say this thread and was like wholly sheeit hurry up reply. Then by the time i opened it up it had heaps of cunts in iy. Ahhhhh. Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk..

After all the time ii spend trolling this thread. That stick woulda been all worth it. I check it every 10 mins every fucking day and i misss out on this shit.

LOL. I'm not being salty anyway. I knew the rules lol. You a good dude Hook.

And  yer, where my rides at hahaha.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CaptainHook

For some reason i assumed you had a TE Weazzy?

I would offer up rides for this friday's ranbats but it's my GF's birthday that day so i'm not even sure if i will make it.

Hopefully someone jumps in and can offer rides for you/Euan or other peeps that need it. :)

CaptainHook

Oh, i thought of something else i was gonna offer up..

I'm gonna add MvC3 to my registration for First Blood tonight, i'm offering up the pre-registered entry fee for 2 games ($30) to whoever replies first. (must be before 9pm tonight)

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 21, 2011, 07:05:59 PM
For some reason i assumed you had a TE Weazzy?

I would offer up rides for this friday's ranbats but it's my GF's birthday that day so i'm not even sure if i will make it.

Hopefully someone jumps in and can offer rides for you/Euan or other peeps that need it. :)
Everyone here got a te bro. I wanted it cos round 2 and pcp. I woulda swapped my TE for sure. All my mates got xbox and i hate playing there shitty pad rules.

Me1 ME ME MEMEEEMMEEMM

EDIT: lol . Look how excited and in a hurry i was too reply. Wada desperate cunt haha. And i realised that not everyone has a TE actually lol. I was in my own world.

edit 2: haha looks like i want some pcp. But i meant pcb. And if anyone is offeren some pcp i'll take that aswell.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

ME MEM EMEMEMEEMM MEMEMEM FOR THE ENTRY PLEASE

CaptainHook

Lol, okay Weazzy, what games do you want to enter for?

I'll make sure i pass on the info to Bill/Rory.

No more stuff from me this week so hopefully others will pick this up over time. :)