• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tournament for ticket to Aussie?

Started by Rorooze, March 16, 2011, 10:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

Pretty even split between SSF4/MVC3 so far, about 6 each. Need at least 8+ imo.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

id be keen for both but only at $25 cos i know i wont win but happy to contribute to getting someone over there whos good
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

LN

Yeah, you could think of it as a donation really... but with a chance of being the recipient!
There is no knowledge that is not power

stereomonkey

I may enter for the donation side but being it on a ranbats night would prove difficult.

Preparing to go over anyway so should be good :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

why not instead of having the ranbats on the friday night , that week have it on a saturday so everyone can come and enter so more entrants = less money for us to enter .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

massi4h

Yeah, yeah. I don't mind paying $50 for mvc3 but I'm in the $25 box for SSF4. Can't afford $50 on a donation as I would put most of my practice time into mvc3.

HoneyBadger

why not instead of having the ranbats on the friday night , that week have it on a saturday so everyone can come and enter so more entrants = less money for us to enter .

^ This. It's not exactly the best in NZ if it's just Auckland.

Although, I imagine that the reason ranbats time was suggested though was because of venue hire and shit.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on March 17, 2011, 04:10:08 PM

Might be the goer.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

Ranbats was purely a suggestion, at this stage it appears to be the easiest because we already have all the gear and shit ready to go and it means we can minimise the cost of hiring setups, etc.

The alternative is to run it at our next team tournament that we are currently planning but we don't want a whole bunch of players entering one tournament and another bunch of players entering a different tournament for the same game on the same day.

There are a few other ideas I'd like to look at but given the time constraints I have to work with at the moment it's not worth pursuing those until I have a general feel for numbers keen for entering a tournament where the cost of entry is unknown but not going to be more than $50.

I'm not really keen on running it if we don't send anyone over, if that is the plan then we can just send one of our ranbats results to the OHN guys and if after that anyone wants to pay for their own flight then they can.

At this stage for SSF4 we've got andy, mason, mike, eru with Euan, Bill as maybes and for marvel we have mason, ben, smoof, bill, eru, stu.

Pinolicious

<PSN> Kriselda

samurai black

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on March 17, 2011, 02:32:10 PM
id be keen for both but only at $25 cos i know i wont win but happy to contribute to getting someone over there whos good
siding with u-man on this one

[NIUE]iRONSoL

keen for super, depending on numbers obviously
pringles

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

karizzma

massi4h

Wasn't the deadline for this last Friday? Any plans of it going ahead?