• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Tournament for ticket to Aussie?

Started by Rorooze, March 16, 2011, 10:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

We've canned it, sorry guys but the interest isn't high enough :(

zos'la

sad to hear, I would've thought we are more competitive than this.. o well.
Thanks for trying anyways :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: zos'la on March 22, 2011, 08:19:04 AM
sad to hear, I would've thought we are more competitive than this.. o well.
Thanks for trying anyways :)

2 days isn't exactly enough time to finalise time off or enough time to show a proper gauge of interest. I imagine niggas wouldn't wanna pay like $50 for a tournament where they don't even know if they can use the prize.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Rorooze

Yeah it was short notice but I let you guys know as soon as I knew the opportunity was there, not everyone was keen for a $50 dollar entry and we didn't have 16 people to make it a $25 dollar entry. Let alone figuring out how to pay for the venue and other costs involved with the event.

Now we know the aussie guys are keen to organise stuff like this we can work with them for something next year!

HoneyBadger

We could possibly organise something for SS... Maybe not a seed, but even a ticket is still good?

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea its not until June. Theres certainly TIME. Trouble is we would still be significantly out of pocket with venue costs etc. Unless we charged about $30 per game. And thats assuming 2 full 16 man brackets. Would be worth it for the two guys that won, and I know there would be a lot of us keen to play for that prize. As long as the winners would be prepared to pay for their accomodation and entry to SS themselves, and we got two FULL 16 man brackets, I suppose it could be doable, but there are a few variables we need to heavily consider.

TBH I reckon we would get a full Marvel bracket since the competition is so close atm. And I think sending someone over for that could be doable. But a full super bracket might not go the distance. I can think of about 10 regulars who would probably look at it and say "Nah fuck paying $30 just to send Jack to Melbourne." Its a sad mentality that I think is pretty stink, but it exists unfortunately. Not everyone is as awesome as Richard and the U-man.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

nah fuck that, im winning powerball this weekend and then TEAM NIUE WE'RE OFF ;D

HoneyBadger

Never too early just to gauge interest. I'd enter ssf4 if we needed numbers

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

So if we were to run full 16 man brackets. Both brackets will only be rewarding first place right? I'd still enter both.

IR U IM B IL E

Didnt realise we had to let you know last week. Was keen as for super.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

zos'la

umm I don't quite get mr Wong by mentality...either way, if something happens I'll join for SSF4.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zos'la on March 22, 2011, 01:59:52 PM
umm I don't quite get mr Wong by mentality...either way, if something happens I'll join for SSF4.

Basically, Im keen to run one, but it might not be financially viable for SSF4 unless we get some more interest.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.