• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Started by fluxcore, August 30, 2008, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkf0rge

I haven't had any problems with that, but I can see it's probably quite a valid concern I didn't put any thought into. The SF links are definately much tighter to execute, but tekken has a buffer system so you can pretty much wack them out similar to SF timing and you should be fine.

Anyway, patch finally got released and I played a few really solid matches last night. This is night and day to the game pre-patch. I had absolutely 0 faith in Namco to release a good netcode patch for this game and now here I am with my foot in my mouth.  :-X

It's a little early to tell but I would say the netcode is definately a thousand times better than any of Namco's past attempt's and give or take on par with SFIV. Maybe a little better, maybe a little worse and even though it's not such a great achievement when I believe all major fighters should be using GGPO it's still a really solid online experience now.

I played about 30 games last night ranging from orange connections to green (haven't had a match from anyone in NZ yet which would be 6 bars)

On green and some yellow (quite a few american where yellow) I had almost flawless games with very little noticible lag, if any. there didn't appear to be any input delay either, which as with most fighters is critical.

I could block low on reaction, punish and juggle very effectively it was virtually indistiguishable from offline for many of these quality matches.

I played about 30 games last night ranging from orange connections to green (haven't had a match from anyone in NZ yet which would be 6 bars)

Even many of the orange bar connections where more than playable but they had some noticible input lag, but even then not enough to make the experience unplayable by any means, I still could juggle and time dash jab under these conditions which pre patch was impossible even with a full bar connection.

I wish I could be more concise than this, I am frustrated developers choose not to just show the actual ping in fighting games. I assume they think people are too stupid to understand, and I guess they probably are, but it makes things very vague!

So yeah on par with SFIV now. If you have been on the fence about getting the game, I would urge you to do so now.

Darkf0rge

Thing's get a little annoying with scroll windows on this board on my machine so sorry for the extra post but there was a few more details I wanted to add.

I think apart from the ability to play arcade and get automatic ranked matches in SFIV I think namco have given us a bit better options for their game in this patch.

You can search by Connection quality or greater promotion chance by getting matches with similar ranks.

You can also search by region, so you can choose to only be matched by Asia or leave it worldwide.

There is no counter picking because you must choose your character before the search for an opponent takes place. You also can't cherry pick your opponents. You are given a chance to back out of the match before it starts, but the only indication you see is the signal strength of the connection. this is a good feature I think. But I don't see any reason to back out of a match that is yellow and up, even some orange matches are more than playable.

My only real complaint is that they should have reset the leaderboards, and Ghost data and put everyone on a level playing field, because before the patch you were actually punished for being anything but a button masher.

Thats about it for now. I hope news of this patch gets around and the sales of this game get a boost. Namco has said they fully intend to support the game well after release with improvements, but I think the game has underperformed because of the bad online release code and MW2 release.

More sales should allow them to justify spending the money to follow up on this promise.

Another Patch is confirmed late Dec/Jan to add online SC mode co-op and it's rumoured to add a slew of offline improvements like the all important practise mode record feature....

maelgrim

The patch sounds good.
Might get round to picking this up now
I hope Nina still has her multi part throws - they were always fun
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore

Yep, all indications I've seen say patch is 'about as good as sf4' which will probably horrify some lucky people (Ben), but good enough to get me to buy it. Will go in to te ware whare at lunch :P
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

and steals it... oh wait, that would be me :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Darkf0rge

Quote from: maelgrim on November 27, 2009, 09:35:34 AM

The patch sounds good.
Might get round to picking this up now
I hope Nina still has her multi part throws - they were always fun

All characters have more moves than ever, but some of the animations have changed modifying the move property somewhat.

This game is my favourite iteration of Nina. (secondary character to my main Kazuya) All her multi-part throws are intact from previous games, with a couple of them getting more brutal looking animations.

Anyone from Streetfighter looking to pick this up I would recommend any of the mishima's, they have similar game mechanics to guys like Ryu and are very fun to play, with alot of depth and execution dexterity strategy. Kazuya especially is easy to pick up but very hard to master... Not the easiest characters to be competitive with but very impressive and satifying once you are.

HoneyBadger

Shit, how do you low forward fireball with Kaz?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

samurai black

Quote from: Darkf0rge on November 27, 2009, 11:39:41 AM
Anyone from Streetfighter looking to pick this up I would recommend any of the mishima's, they have similar game mechanics to guys like Ryu and are very fun to play

dp + 1 and the spin kicks yeah... but thats about it.

and alot of people hate the mishimas, cause theyre all about the EWGF

Barnstorm

Quote from: samurai black on November 27, 2009, 12:08:45 PM
Quote from: Darkf0rge on November 27, 2009, 11:39:41 AM
Anyone from Streetfighter looking to pick this up I would recommend any of the mishima's, they have similar game mechanics to guys like Ryu and are very fun to play

dp + 1 and the spin kicks yeah... but thats about it.

and alot of people hate the mishimas, cause theyre all about the EWGF

that move has the most fucked up hit box though it picks up just about everything including from a knock down d+4(the little kick while lying down) trades

Pinolicious

Just tried the new netcode, 1-5 bars

1 red = shit
2 dark orange = shit
3 don't know colour, maybe orange? = haven't had one yet
4 green = awesome
5 green = awesome

In short, the green connections (4-5) are very playable.

I don't have to mash buttons just to get a combo to work.  It works.

EDIT
This page best describes the patch
http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2009/11/tekken-6-online-patch-live/
<PSN> Kriselda

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Darkf0rge

3 bars is yellow. it's still playable even enjoyable, but anything lower (orange,red) i would avoid like the plague.

I have had some american matches that were yellow, was more than fine as long as you dont expect an absolutely flawless game, which bar GGPO in 2d games is a bit silly to expect at this time.

Barnstorm

Quote from: Darkf0rge on November 27, 2009, 09:28:19 AM
Thing's get a little annoying with scroll windows on this board on my machine so sorry for the extra post but there was a few more details I wanted to add.

I think apart from the ability to play arcade and get automatic ranked matches in SFIV I think namco have given us a bit better options for their game in this patch.

You can search by Connection quality or greater promotion chance by getting matches with similar ranks.

You can also search by region, so you can choose to only be matched by Asia or leave it worldwide.

There is no counter picking because you must choose your character before the search for an opponent takes place. You also can't cherry pick your opponents. You are given a chance to back out of the match before it starts, but the only indication you see is the signal strength of the connection. this is a good feature I think. But I don't see any reason to back out of a match that is yellow and up, even some orange matches are more than playable.

My only real complaint is that they should have reset the leaderboards, and Ghost data and put everyone on a level playing field, because before the patch you were actually punished for being anything but a button masher.

Thats about it for now. I hope news of this patch gets around and the sales of this game get a boost. Namco has said they fully intend to support the game well after release with improvements, but I think the game has underperformed because of the bad online release code and MW2 release.

More sales should allow them to justify spending the money to follow up on this promise.

Another Patch is confirmed late Dec/Jan to add online SC mode co-op and it's rumoured to add a slew of offline improvements like the all important practise mode record feature....

Bro no such thing as counter picking in tekken with the possible exception of king vs eddy or aking vs steve due to the kick and punch reversal

fluxcore

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on November 27, 2009, 10:23:23 PM
or panda vs me
lol.

I would get this if Kaz was the same as 5.

rising 2, df 2 ,3,4, df 1,2 juggle not work anymore.

Cant be fucked learning a whole other game. Is Kaz any good in this one?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!