• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Started by fluxcore, August 30, 2008, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Might just be my connection here at home (on holiday) but I cant find anything above two bars so I havent been able to get a match, kinda annoying but how long are you guys searching for and what times?
Learning....

Darkf0rge

When I said there was no counter picking I didn't really mean it in the mechanical sense with matchup's. it's true there are so many moves in tekken it kind of becomes a moot point. I just meant it in the sense You just can't see who your oponent is going to be.

There are for the most part more difficult matchups than others for most of the characters though. Steve is top tier for instance, but he has a harder time against a very good Kazuya player for example. (as Kaz is considered to have number 1 punishment in the game)

On the topic of Kazuya, to answer the other guys question. He is still a very good character, and has always been my favourite. But I think he is one of the more advanced ones and you have to do alot of work to win with him. He is also really execution based, so you absolutely have to master wavedashing mixup's and 100% EWGF execution into solid bound combo's (which are alot easier to time than tekken 5) and Okizeme.

He was pretty much god tier in vanilla tekken 6 for the first time since tag probably and as a result he has been hit in the teeth quite hard with the nerf bat this time around. Still really solid though. Just wouldnt recommend him to a beginer. Due to the nerf's he is definately a big turtle in this game. But if you can get wavedash down with EWGF people will fear an aggresive Kaz player.

Connection quality seems to be about the time of the day you are playing, the best connections for me are obviously Aussie/NZ ones. I have the game for both systems, the PS3 obviously is where the hardcore player base is so the game is more robust online there i think.

Now I just need my xbox SFIV Dual modded for me ps3

[NIUE] weazzyefff

cool, I was playing this with Lenny the other night, and for a T6 noob i was doing pretty good. So I'm picking this up tomorrow. I really like the new chars, Lars and Leo especially. And returning faces. I forgot how fun it was to play with my Wang!!!! Ohhh yeahhh. I gotta train my Wang up, he ends a bit quick sometimes.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

^Sounds like you need to pick a bigger character.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on November 30, 2009, 10:52:55 PM
^Sounds like you need to pick a bigger character.
I like my Wang how it is, sloppy, and un experienced. I need to try my Wang on more people i think.

Hey i just noticed sf4 people play this game too. But no T6 people play sf4. Rats.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Barnstorm

Darkf0rge

do you play in welly if so who are you?

and wahts your gamertag on xbox

Pinolicious

Hey Barn, you still repping the capo's?
<PSN> Kriselda

Barnstorm

Quote from: Pinolicious on December 01, 2009, 04:55:39 PM

yeah bro
im shit as now though
feels so different to previous tekkens

sorry bro but who are you pinolicious doesnt ring a bell at the mo

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 01, 2009, 06:53:37 PM
Quote from: Pinolicious on December 01, 2009, 04:55:39 PM

yeah bro
im shit as now though
feels so different to previous tekkens

sorry bro but who are you pinolicious doesnt ring a bell at the mo

he used to be Dazz on the TZ forums years ago.  I used to post as pokingjulia lols

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Just as an interesting aside, some of you may have noticed how completely ass this game looks (especially compared to SFIV, SCIV), terrible jaggies etc. Here's the skinny:

PS3
Tekken 6 = 1024x576 (2xMSAA w/o motion blur, no AA w/motion blur)

Tekken 6 = 1024x576 w/motion blur, 1365x768 w/o motion blur (no AA)

and for comparison,

PS3: Street Fighter IV = 1280x720 (no AA), 630p in up-close character view?
360: Street Fighter IV = 1280x720 (2xAA)

In other words, as a 360 user, I'm going to turn motion blur off! PS3 guys, suppose you can too, at least you'll get AA even if you don't get higher res. Personally I don't think I've even noticed the motion blur, so whateverrrr

info taken from http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Pinolicious

Meh, the fanbois and the hardcore don't really care too much for the graphics.

Anyway, was playing online last night, took on some scrub who just started with 2wins 0losses

I 3nilled him, and he msg's me some crap about how i just do the same combo string and didn't even let him get up.

It's called juggles and oki.  He replies saying he's been playing tekken for ages and it wasn't always about juggles.  I laughed at him and told him he's playing the wrong game.  I tried to give him a few pointers, maybe watch some match vids or read some generic strats on zaibatsu.  He got all sour and said he'd rather fight face to face where somebody can let him stand up.
<PSN> Kriselda

HoneyBadger

Tbh Darren, your oki shit pisses me off hahahahaha. STOP GETTING UP SMOOF! rofl
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Yeah, my wakeup game in tekken is atrocious, I simply don't know how to get up properly.

As for the graphics, personally the jaggies annoy the hell out of me, even when I'm playing.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Barnstorm

Quote from: Pinolicious on December 02, 2009, 09:06:51 AM
Meh, the fanbois and the hardcore don't really care too much for the graphics.

Anyway, was playing online last night, took on some scrub who just started with 2wins 0losses

I 3nilled him, and he msg's me some crap about how i just do the same combo string and didn't even let him get up.

It's called juggles and oki.  He replies saying he's been playing tekken for ages and it wasn't always about juggles.  I laughed at him and told him he's playing the wrong game.  I tried to give him a few pointers, maybe watch some match vids or read some generic strats on zaibatsu.  He got all sour and said he'd rather fight face to face where somebody can let him stand up.

to be honest hes kind of right

i remember when it wasnt all juggles
which is my biggest problem now i still play like the old tekkens
eg poke,poke, poke throw, punish
then get hit by random launch half life gone 50/50 wake up GG
and im winning for the most part

i feel like im playing sf4 and every one is ryu with infinite ultra and ex meter
or 3rd strike chun