• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Started by fluxcore, August 30, 2008, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Yeah Pino, I remember when there was Tekken 3 and all we knew was counters (last year at high school). Now all this juggle to half health just pisses me off. And the unfair okizeme which sometimes feels like you're sagat fighting akumas vortex.

I'd rather play your dsmash whoring peach :)

Lennysaurus

I dont know bout you guys, but I certainly remember all the massive juggling back in tekken 3 and tag!

Fuckin Jin, Hei, and True ogre were gay as fuck.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Barnstorm

Quote from: The Lenny on December 02, 2009, 12:19:48 PM
I dont know bout you guys, but I certainly remember all the massive juggling back in tekken 3 and tag!

Fuckin Jin, Hei, and True ogre were gay as fuck.

yeah i do remember them and thats y they were top tier but most of the launches were not as easy back then and i thought ogre was more about oki than combos

d/f+2 or some sort of low now days can lead to game over

ewgf was the closest thing but it was not a quick launch and outside of that most launches were rather punishable

but in saying that throws and pokes did substantial damage now its peanuts in comparison

Darkf0rge

I actually think the juggle's are alot less annoying than they were in all other tekkens since 3, and they actually do less damage because of the new damage scaling they employed. It's the Okizeme that gets you slaughtered is true. The bound system allows you to get pretty creative with them too which adds to the game i think.

I don't really see how the juggles in tekken 6 are any worse than Ultra's in streetfighter 4. Hell in SF4 (Which I also play and love.) it's like a command and watch scenario and some of those can take of 75% health in certain circumstances as well, and i personally hate in SF4 how you are basically awarded one of these for getting your assed kicked. Anyway just trying to give some perspective on this because I do like both games, and both games do have alot of bullshit in them as well. Nature of fighting games I guess.

I have been playing Tekken right back since the first game, but I am pretty new to both wellington and Tekken 6. I'm not very good at tekken 6 really int he grand scheme of things atm because it does play quite a bit different from the other games and there is alot to learn. anyway

Xbox and Arcade tag: Darkf0rge
PSN: Via_Negativa

and yep, I agree the graphics do look pretty bad with the resolution and the jaggies on both systems. PS3 looks a bit better. But even the arcade version has slow down problems with the variable animation blur. So I think this is why it happened. They mention they tried to get the game running at 30 fps, in 1080p but it just wasnt tekken anymore. So they cut the rez to deliever the promise of a constant 60fps.

I think this generation of consoles is a little overhyped power wise. Both consoles need better graphics cards and more memory. Tekken is probably the only game to run at 60fps and have motion blur.

Anyway as I also play at the arcade I am leaving MB on. It does look quite a bit different on and I think they game flow's better in motion which I think is more important. It does look like ass in stills and stuff though, but when your fighting you wont notice it as much.

I am not too fussed about the graphics, what I am currently pissed off about is the lack of record in practise mode, and WTF is up with the low ass lifebars. Namco need to patch this shit come the late dec patch, and give us hud options.

HoneyBadger

Tekken Rage system can 100%. If I land one launcher on you, you can consider yourself fucked. Ultras cannot.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

maelgrim

Quote from: Darkf0rge on December 02, 2009, 05:14:18 PM
I think this generation of consoles is a little overhyped power wise. Both consoles need better graphics cards and more memory. Tekken is probably the only game to run at 60fps and have motion blur.

Its not the consoles, check out uncharted2. Hopefully we don't see any new consoles for a long long time.
I think Soul Calibur looks nicer than Tekken6 and the devs know it which is why they added motion blur to try and have somthing to make a fuss about.

SF4 ultras are not my cup of tea, and I would be cool if you had to control your guy during the Ultra. But they do have that wow factor that would be hard to do otherwise.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Barnstorm

I actually think the juggle's are alot less annoying than they were in all other tekkens since 3, and they actually do less damage because of the new damage scaling they employed. It's the Okizeme that gets you slaughtered is true. The bound system allows you to get pretty creative with them too which adds to the game i think.

I don't really see how the juggles in tekken 6 are any worse than Ultra's in streetfighter 4. Hell in SF4 (Which I also play and love.) it's like a command and watch scenario and some of those can take of 75% health in certain circumstances as well, and i personally hate in SF4 how you are basically awarded one of these for getting your assed kicked. Anyway just trying to give some perspective on this because I do like both games, and both games do have alot of bullshit in them as well. Nature of fighting games I guess.

I have been playing Tekken right back since the first game, but I am pretty new to both wellington and Tekken 6. I'm not very good at tekken 6 really int he grand scheme of things atm because it does play quite a bit different from the other games and there is alot to learn. anyway

the good characters get a 50-70% with a wall and then you have wake up
the best you can hope for is no wall and a good guess which is still up to 40%
but sf4 (which i dont think is the best sf) has one maybe 2 ultras a round
where as d/f+2 is unlimited in tekken

i also dont like long ass combos gets boring after a while (which is funny since i love mahvel)
i personally feel tekken 6 and sf4 are close to even though in terms of gayness eg auto correct in sf4 crush system in tekken

im just used to older games where you have to work for the win and not hope you launch

Pinolicious

But like most other fighting games, you have to bait your opponent into a launcher, they don't give it to you for free.  If you watch some high level match vids, they poke the crap out of each other until somebody gets a launch/counter hit.

Is that not the same in other fighting games?  Just bait them into a position where you get free damage?

And I rarely see TRUE 50%+ combo's in T6, either they have rage, or you got hurt by oki mixups, which can reset your bound combo.

And rage 100% combo's are situational, most if not all require a wall or floor break.

I'll admit, the only broken combo damage was in tekken 4, which the community disregarded and stuck with tekken tag until tekken 5 came out.  OH YEAH INFINITE ARENA COMBO'S WHOO!

Also, tried to play at the arcade today, too much online play, kept mistiming all my combo's :( painful
<PSN> Kriselda

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I'm learning Lars, he's easy as to play with. Oh i havent been online yet I meant practice mode with juggles and shit lol. I better not go online and get raped.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Barnstorm

Quote from: Pinolicious on December 02, 2009, 11:03:05 PM
But like most other fighting games, you have to bait your opponent into a launcher, they don't give it to you for free.  If you watch some high level match vids, they poke the crap out of each other until somebody gets a launch/counter hit.

Is that not the same in other fighting games?  Just bait them into a position where you get free damage?

And I rarely see TRUE 50%+ combo's in T6, either they have rage, or you got hurt by oki mixups, which can reset your bound combo.

And rage 100% combo's are situational, most if not all require a wall or floor break.

I'll admit, the only broken combo damage was in tekken 4, which the community disregarded and stuck with tekken tag until tekken 5 came out.  OH YEAH INFINITE ARENA COMBO'S WHOO!

Also, tried to play at the arcade today, too much online play, kept mistiming all my combo's :( painful

I agree with you for the most part here

my biggest problems are
a) im not a top player and
b) launches appear to have a low risk high reward

and the majority of people ive seen dont have any sort of set up just random launch and hope im either holding forward or starting a move

and you are right over 50% requires wall
but when you have a chance of hitting 50% or taking 2 jabs(from 90% of the cast) its a good trade

its also funny you should bring up t4 cos that game but that was almost all pokes and throws but i still think it was fun for a change

do you still play capos aswell bro
i still play like i did in 5 going for throw setups but rodeo seems to do no damage now
im looking for some tech traps aswell any tips bro been trying f+4~3 and f+3,4 but they dont track well at all

HoneyBadger

Quote from: maelgrim on December 02, 2009, 07:41:03 PM

Its not the consoles, check out uncharted2. Hopefully we don't see any new consoles for a long long time.
I think Soul Calibur looks nicer than Tekken6 and the devs know it which is why they added motion blur to try and have somthing to make a fuss about.

SF4 ultras are not my cup of tea, and I would be cool if you had to control your guy during the Ultra. But they do have that wow factor that would be hard to do otherwise.

Uncharted 2 =/= Arcade port. It's really hard to make something that has been out for like two years look good and I can bet you if they changed it too much you guys would be like "This isn't anything like the arcade"

If you want to do shit during your ultra play CvS2 and A2/3 with us.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

Yeah I meant fun Tekken 3 when we were all scrubs. We managed to stop the 10 hit strings cause they were easy to reversal/parry but we never got into those massive juggles. Imagine if I knew last year that Paul's Phoenix Punch did like 80% on a counter hit...

I kinda have already stated what I feel about T6 in page 9, I still stand by it :(

maelgrim

Quote from: Smoofologist on December 03, 2009, 09:40:39 AM
Uncharted 2 =/= Arcade port. It's really hard to make something that has been out for like two years look good and I can bet you if they changed it too much you guys would be like "This isn't anything like the arcade"

Agree, - don't blame the consoles.
Personally I find the T6 graphics fine and didn't expect them to be any different, yes could be better but no biggy.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Darkf0rge

umm well, uncharted 2 looks amazing but it is only running at 30fps. Most titles don't need that 60fps but for fighting games this is nessesary.

All titles should be moving at 60fps, I actually get motion sickness on some games this gen because they are running closer to 30. New hardware looks like it's going to be needed to achieve this with full HD.

I guess the Juggle thing is an aquired taste, I actually used to hate juggles in tekken but in this game I have learnt to love them, I did forget about rage for a second. That can be nasty when your on the recieving end, but it works both ways. In Tekken it's really never over until it's over.

The thing with launchers is most of them are actually a little risky to use, i.e putting you at a frame disadvantage, and most of them land high so even in Kazuya's case with the Ewgf which is considered one of the better ones throughout the franchise (continues to see nerf's) even though it's a safe move on block it can be countered with a duck into a instant while standing launcher, if you are fast.

Played a couple of friends in some local matches last night, these guys are pretty good at tekken, better than me. Had some good games and quite a few of those no one went into the air at all.

It was kinda funny though, we had all being playing Online, and it really does mess your timing up a little bit. If you do play online alot you might want to keep that practise mode active to counter it for your offline matches.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

The graphics on my sd TV are shit as. I cant pick random stages cos some of them make me throw up like sheep stage and the pig stage. ewwwww.

Is Lars thrashed online? I better not be maining the T6 flowchart Ken.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!