• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Started by fluxcore, August 30, 2008, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal

I play mainly Raven, Baek, Hwoarang, Bruce and Steve but I'm pretty decent with most of the cast definately some more than others.

If you're starting out but can't be fucked wading through the tekken zaibatsu forums check out http://iamtekken.com/ it hasn't been going too long and has some good info. Plus it's got a link to the Japanese wiki for frame data.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Neal on January 01, 2010, 07:06:53 PM
I play mainly Raven, Baek, Hwoarang, Bruce and Steve but I'm pretty decent with most of the cast definately some more than others.

If you're starting out but can't be fucked wading through the tekken zaibatsu forums check out http://iamtekken.com/ it hasn't been going too long and has some good info. Plus it's got a link to the Japanese wiki for frame data.
Bro, I take back saying this game is basic. I learnt so much shit in that ''lvl up your game '' segment.

Thanks for posting this site.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 02, 2010, 01:42:59 PM
Bro, I take back saying this game is basic. I learnt so much shit in that ''lvl up your game '' segment.

I posted a link to that ages ago :P
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah, probably when I didnt have this game, and i didnt care.

Man, how do you get good ghosts to play against, all the ones i got are shit.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

maelgrim

Quote from: fluxcore on January 02, 2010, 02:11:17 PM
Quote from: weazzyefff on January 02, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

I posted a link to that ages ago :P

Yeah that was great, I learned quite alot from that.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Pinolicious

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 02, 2010, 02:26:28 PM
Yeah, probably when I didnt have this game, and i didnt care.

Man, how do you get good ghosts to play against, all the ones i got are shit.

Meh ghosts are shit, but download the rapelays, you can learn more from them
<PSN> Kriselda

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Meh, I'd rather watch youtube.

I need to get some online games in. My mate beats me by button mashing with Baek.

Pinolicious

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 03, 2010, 03:56:59 AM
Meh, I'd rather watch youtube.

I need to get some online games in. My mate beats me by button mashing with Baek.

Hmm... the high low mash mixup strings?  Interrupt mid string with db+1, then interrupt the start of the next mash string with a CH launcher.  against mashers, 60% of the time, it works 100% of the time :D

but seriously, just do that to mashers, they love it.
<PSN> Kriselda

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah, db+1 sounds too weak for my Law. I think i'll CH with 4 into juggle. That should stop the mash parade lol.

Man I suck at blocking in this game. I'm still stuck in db mode from SF lol. When i'm attacking its allgood though.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah I had some games against that RocoABC dude, ggs dude. It hardly ever lag, green bar, only sometimes it went all choppy, but only like 3 rounds in the hour and something we played.

I still need to learn what to punish/interupt cos i'm sure he was abusing heaps of unsafe shit, just cos i'm noob. Gota few rounds off him though, outta like 30.

Hard to find Law tips. Yeah TZ is allgood, but I just wana youtube tutorial vid lol, i'm so fucking lazy. 434 dss f3 is hard as fuck on small chars. Anyone else play Law, i need help to the days.

edit: This games not very popular in english speaking countries is it. Hard to find stuff.

This needs to pick up, the psn list is hella weak. Ozhadous sites been down since I got this game. NOOO!!! I gotta search GP and NZG.

ROCOABC

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 04, 2010, 08:47:38 PM
Yeah I had some games against that RocoABC dude, ggs dude. It hardly ever lag, green bar, only sometimes it went all choppy, but only like 3 rounds in the hour and something we played.

I still need to learn what to punish/interupt cos i'm sure he was abusing heaps of unsafe shit, just cos i'm noob. Gota few rounds off him though, outta like 30.

Hard to find Law tips. Yeah TZ is allgood, but I just wana youtube tutorial vid lol, i'm so fucking lazy. 434 dss f3 is hard as fuck on small chars. Anyone else play Law, i need help to the days.

edit: This games not very popular in english speaking countries is it. Hard to find stuff.

This needs to pick up, the psn list is hella weak. Ozhadous sites been down since I got this game. NOOO!!! I gotta search GP and NZG.

GG bro.  As far as unsafe stuff I can tell you straight away I really don't know at the end of the day.  I learn by playing and trial and error rather than reading frame data or watching online tutorials as really I can't be ass to do it.

Need to play more as most of the laws I have played against were pretty predictable and boring so it was refreshing to play a Law that does mix things up. 

Neal

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Neal on January 06, 2010, 12:28:09 PM
Anybody play in the arcades?
Nope. And I threw away my free 1 hour pass at TZ BK. Too far too drive. That would consist of me staying sober AND actually putting gas in my car.

Where do you play, and how many top level players play? Think there might be a tournament in the works?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Neal on January 06, 2010, 12:28:09 PM
Anybody play in the arcades?

Heaps of comp at the arcades in auckland. Though not that many of those players post here.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Neal

I'm working at Timezone on Queen st atm, so I usually play there. Even though Yifans has better cabinets, most of the top players go to TZ, because it's a lot cheaper I guess.

A few of the really good players went overseas (back to korea) for a few months so the scene's dwindled a bit but you can still find some good comp in the arcade.

But anyway I though I'd ask for opinions. My manager wants me to try and bring in new players and devise a tournament that caters to them. Obviously there are heaps of problems trying to do something like this. I mean how do you define 'NEW PLAYERS'? You can't do it based on card rank, there are too many loopholes. Does a tournament full of little kids mashing buttons do anyone any good? NAH. But mostly, telling people they aren't allowed to enter because they are too good, that ain't fair.

Anyone got any better ideas?