• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4 - 360/PS3 - Feb 09 *$77 from cdwow*

Started by fluxcore, December 03, 2008, 01:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Meh. If its cheap(ish), does its job, and lasts me 6 months - a year (I dont see why it wouldnt) then im not too fussed. Unless you reckon it wont last that long?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Quote from: Elixir on January 22, 2009, 05:42:13 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 21, 2009, 08:58:39 PM
Quote from: Elixir on January 21, 2009, 09:54:23 AM
Fuck. Looks like I'll have to import a pad from Play-Asia, or something. Their standard 360 stick is $100USD though, so I'm not too sure where else I should try.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-77-2-49-en-15-hori+stick-70-26p2.html

Is looking like the option im gonna go for. $80 US, so $150 NZ, plus whatever postage is. Still pretty expensive.

Don't buy this, it's shit. The black HRAP (which a friend of mine, HeartNana, bought) is also pretty shitty because it uses a fake JLF and Hori buttons, soldered to the PCB.

The SFIV sticks are basically the only option, and the SFIV pad is basically the only worthwhile 360 controller. I'll probably get the pad first and the sticks later. I just finished modding a HRAP1 which I received from Japan, so I'm not in the mood to mod anything further right now.
I dont know anything about sticks, but how come it's shit? Is that stick the same as the DOA4 version?
pringles

fluxcore

We should probably organise an NZism bulk order of some of the madcatz sticks at some point to save some shipping costs - although not sure if the local shipping will be exhorbitant to the point it's not worthwhile...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Orochi

Elixir

Quote from: iRONsoL on January 22, 2009, 09:00:34 PM
Quote from: Elixir on January 22, 2009, 05:42:13 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 21, 2009, 08:58:39 PM
Quote from: Elixir on January 21, 2009, 09:54:23 AM
Fuck. Looks like I'll have to import a pad from Play-Asia, or something. Their standard 360 stick is $100USD though, so I'm not too sure where else I should try.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-77-2-49-en-15-hori+stick-70-26p2.html

Is looking like the option im gonna go for. $80 US, so $150 NZ, plus whatever postage is. Still pretty expensive.

Don't buy this, it's shit. The black HRAP (which a friend of mine, HeartNana, bought) is also pretty shitty because it uses a fake JLF and Hori buttons, soldered to the PCB.

The SFIV sticks are basically the only option, and the SFIV pad is basically the only worthwhile 360 controller. I'll probably get the pad first and the sticks later. I just finished modding a HRAP1 which I received from Japan, so I'm not in the mood to mod anything further right now.
I dont know anything about sticks, but how come it's shit? Is that stick the same as the DOA4 version?

Shoryuken is down, so I can't bring up any kinds of specifics here. I'm fairly certain that the DOA4 clone (much like the DOA4 stick itself) has buttons soldered to the PCB (ie. Namco stick), and just random parts. The only other alternative is the black HRAP, which is only available from Japan, and it uses a fake JLF and Hori buttons which are soldered.

Only other 360 controller alternative is the Hori one they put out, which I bought and I don't think much of. Better off waiting for these sticks/pads, really.

stereomonkey

Copy of SF4 (standard) for $61.95AUD ($77NZD) here

http://www.cdwow.com.au/Street-Fighter-IV/product/view/6274949

Plus free international delivery.

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

stereomonkey

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

fluxcore

Newsflash:

For any of you guys on a tight budget (and I'm sure many of you are!), firstgames.co.nz is selling SFIV for $98 incl shipping! It's an import version, but should be exactly the same as the NZ local release. I think you'll get it on the 22nd, so two days later, but you'll save $40.

I bought rock band 2 from them, and was impressed with the service, so am very happy to recommend it to you guys.

geneterror

I just preordered my Collectors Edition yesterday, I'm psyched! I'm sure fluxcore already knows this from my ranting on another NZ game site haha.

I'm not worried about the price. I still want to know what the exclusive DLC is though.
KOW 2011

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: fluxcore on February 01, 2009, 09:40:42 AM
Newsflash:

For any of you guys on a tight budget (and I'm sure many of you are!), firstgames.co.nz is selling SFIV for $98 incl shipping! It's an import version, but should be exactly the same as the NZ local release. I think you'll get it on the 22nd, so two days later, but you'll save $40.

I bought rock band 2 from them, and was impressed with the service, so am very happy to recommend it to you guys.

Do you know what region/version they are getting??

fluxcore

Yeah, not sure actually - I assume the 360 version wil be UK, not sure about PS3. Send an email to the guy, he's pretty good from my dealings.

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on February 01, 2009, 09:40:42 AM
Newsflash:

And if your REALLY tight, and don't mind the wait.

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 25, 2009, 07:49:17 PM
Copy of SF4 (standard) for $61.95AUD ($77NZD) here

http://www.cdwow.com.au/Street-Fighter-IV/product/view/6274949

Plus free international delivery.