• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Started by JoeKage, December 19, 2008, 01:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Yeah, I don't believe that either. How do you remove all the game menus and things from the wii version? Do you seriously believe a home port of a game is going to have an 'arcade' mode, where it turns off game menus and implements credits?

As for the arcade stick thing, I think any gamecube controller can be used as well... so I'd be set (my stick has a UPCB in it - which is basically a 'works on any console as long as you have a cable for it' pcb). Hack your own!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

JoeKage

Yeah I was there and JMC told me, so as soon as my wii version arrives Im in there to unlock the 4 characters  8)
Sage of the 6 Paths

Elixir

Quote from: fluxcore on January 08, 2009, 07:49:35 AMAs for the arcade stick thing, I think any gamecube controller can be used as well... so I'd be set (my stick has a UPCB in it - which is basically a 'works on any console as long as you have a cable for it' pcb). Hack your own!

There's a GC to PS2 adapter apparently so I can use my HRAP1. Sweet.

gunsmoke

Quote from: JoeKage on January 08, 2009, 07:58:17 AM
Yeah I was there and JMC told me, so as soon as my wii version arrives Im in there to unlock the 4 characters  8)

Im going Window shopping form 12pm might be at Yifan 3pm playing TVC again yaya.. c u there...whoever come...my new team is Karas and Megaman yaya
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

JoeKage

Im in on some of that and didnt even think about an adaptor for PS stick hmmmmm  8)
Sage of the 6 Paths

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im going on what i was told. I have my doubts too, but this is what the manager said.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Elixir

How would the owner know of the Wii version in the first place? Like flux said. Um.. it's also head-to-head, and I don't think the Wii version does that.

pax_bisonica

My Import copy arrived today (hurrah!) ;D ;D ;D
I can confirm:
It works with the GC/PS2 converter (using my namco stick with it is just fine)
It works with the freeloader
It DOES NOT work with the homebrew 'menu loader' import getaround (quite disappointed with this)
Am working on a menu translation ATM - if anyone knows of an existing one on the net please let me know (to save me time!).  The main menus are in japanese, but some sub menus (for example the options menu) are in english.
All who oppose me will be destroyed.  Maybe.

fluxcore

ARCAD-O MODE, YO!

I tried it out on the wii emulator and the characters babbling about each menu item were pretty weird/interesting/annoying :)

I did find a menu translation list somewhere, but it was actually not in the correct order, so was kind of annoying. Uhm, it was on google I think :P
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

QuoteHow would the owner know of the Wii version in the first place? Like flux said. Um.. it's also head-to-head, and I don't think the Wii version does that.

The MANAGER (not owner) does a lot of the installations himself, and did this one.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Elixir

Quote from: pax_bisonica on January 08, 2009, 03:36:58 PM
My Import copy arrived today (hurrah!) ;D ;D ;D
I can confirm:
It works with the GC/PS2 converter (using my namco stick with it is just fine)
It works with the freeloader
It DOES NOT work with the homebrew 'menu loader' import getaround (quite disappointed with this)
Am working on a menu translation ATM - if anyone knows of an existing one on the net please let me know (to save me time!).  The main menus are in japanese, but some sub menus (for example the options menu) are in english.

Take pictures, I know a bit of Japanese and I have a few friends that know way more than I do. I can help.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

After attemting to research this to back up my/hiro's/yifans managers claims, i found out that you can actually run the arcade version off of the standard wii hardware.

This would explain the lack of menus, and its compatability with coin operated machines.

Basically it would seem that it IS just running off of console wii hardware, (which i can understand being cheaper than the arcade hardware) however it is the arcade version of the game, so there is STILL no chance of additional characters.

And heres me getting my hopes up. Tard.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

pax_bisonica

Here is my rough translation of the main menu options (in order)
A-Ke-Do : Arcade Mode
Ba-sasu : Vs. Mode
Sabaibaru : Survival
Taimu Atakku : Time Attack
Tore-ningu : Training
Pureide-ta : Play Data
Opushyon : Option
Shoppu : Shop
Gyarari : Gallery
Originaru Ge-Mu : Original (Mini) Games

The menus in the options and training modes are in english, so no worries there.  The shop can be a bit obscure, the '?' icons seem to represent new playable characters while the wiimote icons are for the minigames.  The music and filmstip icons are fairly self explanatory :)
All who oppose me will be destroyed.  Maybe.

fluxcore

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 08, 2009, 04:14:43 PM
wii stuff

Good sleuthing! That's kind of interesting! I wonder if there is actual dedicated hardware then? Fuck knows who would bother buying that!

Elixir

Quote from: fluxcore on January 08, 2009, 06:58:53 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 08, 2009, 04:14:43 PM
wii stuff

Good sleuthing! That's kind of interesting! I wonder if there is actual dedicated hardware then? Fuck knows who would bother buying that!

There is no "dedicated" hardware, this is it.

I did some sleuthing myself, and I've found the following facts.

- The arcade board integrates with Wii hardware
- The game itself was ported very fast and was released on day 1
- The arcade board and the Wii version are the same game, but the Wii one has the usual additional jargon

Basically it's like Dreamcast and Naomi boards, which is why they had perfect ports and were released really fast.