• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Started by JoeKage, December 19, 2008, 01:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeKage

Sage of the 6 Paths

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

QuoteThere is no "dedicated" hardware, this is it.

Not entirely true. There IS dedicated hardware, but it is 99% identical to the wii, and costs a fuckload more. Its even made by nintendo. So technically there IS dedicated hardware, but really its just a friggin wii.

I think the only difference is the component layout, and lack of a couple of ports that arent necessary outside of console use.

But yea, yifans = arcade board running off of a standard wii. My bad for getting confused.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 08, 2009, 11:33:39 PM
QuoteThere is no "dedicated" hardware, this is it.

Not entirely true. There IS dedicated hardware, but it is 99% identical to the wii, and costs a fuckload more. Its even made by nintendo. So technically there IS dedicated hardware, but really its just a friggin wii.

I think the only difference is the component layout, and lack of a couple of ports that arent necessary outside of console use.

But yea, yifans = arcade board running off of a standard wii. My bad for getting confused.

rockman shot........................ 8) 8) 8)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

JoeKage

There goes my theory of trying to unlock the hidden characters  ::) ::)
Sage of the 6 Paths

fluxcore

Here's a nice arcade-machine style image with all the char's moves, if ppl are interested...
http://www.iplaywinner.com/news/2009/1/8/move-list-for-tatsunoko-vs-capcom-wii.html
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

JoeKage

Quote from: JoeKage on January 08, 2009, 10:18:26 PM
Im still waiting   :-\

OK arrived this morning and its mean   8). Need another stick ::) ::)
Sage of the 6 Paths

pax_bisonica

Quote from: JoeKage on January 09, 2009, 09:51:08 PM

Hey Joe, are you having any luck unlocking new characters?  I have purchased them in the shop but they do not show up in any other mode?? weird.  I think Im missing something...
All who oppose me will be destroyed.  Maybe.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

woohoo! played this finally today and died on stage 3 lol...

its a bit weird. but got to try out alex and yep hes a bit slow, hyper bomb super does good damage though 8)

how do you tag? haha im noob
pringles

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

Elixir

How are you guys playing it on the Wii, did you import a Wii too?

JoeKage

Quote from: pax_bisonica on January 09, 2009, 10:27:33 PM
Quote from: JoeKage on January 09, 2009, 09:51:08 PM

Hey Joe, are you having any luck unlocking new characters?  I have purchased them in the shop but they do not show up in any other mode?? weird.  I think Im missing something...

Hola Pax Im not sure but got this off shoryuken

Before you can fight, you need to know what else is there for your exploration.

Wii Stuff

Menu Translation

???????Arcade Mode
??????Vs. Mode
??????=?Survival
????????=?Time Attack
????????Training
????????Play Data
??????=?Option
?????=?Shop
???????Gallery
??????????Original (Mini) Games

Shop Information

In order to buy stuff from the store you have to earn points to do it. You can only earn points by playing Arcade, Survival, Time Attack and Mini Games. Just a damn shame the MAHVEL 2 Training Trick doesn't work.

COLOR - SYMBOL - UNLOCKS
Orange - ? - Characters/3P Costumes (Capcom Only)
Yellow - Film - Movies
Yellow -Music Note- Background Music (for Gallery play)
Red - Book - Character Profiles
D. Blue- Wiimote - Minigame
L. Blue- Paper - Illustrations

Unlocking Stuff

Capcom Side
Beat Arcade Mode once with a Capcom character to make Saki Omokane appear in Shop Mode (cost 1,000 Points)
Beat Arcade Mode three times with Capcom characters to make Viewtiful Joe appear in Shop Mode (cost 2,000 Points)

Tatsunoko Side
Beat Arcade Mode once with a Tatsunoko character to make Hakusho Daimao appear in Shop Mode (cost 1,000 Points)
Beat Arcade Mode three times with Tatsunoko characters to make Ippatsuman appear in Shop Mode (cost 2,000 Points)

Mini Games

You start with a couple of them unlocked but the rest have to be unlocked then bought in order to play said Mini Game.

You unlock Mini Games in the shop by beating the game for the first time with a character. Whatever 2 Members or Mango Lightan/Ivan defeat Yami that/those characters Mini Games are unlocked in the shop for purchase.

Here's a post about all the Mini Games TvC has to offer

Earning P to Spend

The easiest way to earn points to to play MegaMan's mini game. You pretty much count Servbots/Kobuns. And the killer is you can get 300 P Max and if you just play it you get 150 for just trying. The best part the points you earn in the Mini Game are payed out by exactly how much points you score. The catch is as soon as the Mini Game is over you retry and collect dem monies. Repeat until rich.

1. Get Mega Man mini game
2. Play it
3. ???
4. Repeat till Rich.

Subject to change if a more profitable way is found out. Until then, GET MONEY!!!

DAT SUBJECT CHANGE: If you know basic math skills then Hakushon Daima?'s game is that money maker. Just answer about 15 questions and get paper!!

Stage Data and 3P Costumes

By playing a Mini Game starring a Tatsunoko Character unlocks Stage Data for you to purchase in the shop.

By playing a Mini Game starring a Capcom Character unlocks a 3P Costume for purchase in the shop.

Endings

You can only unlock 1 ending at a time. So whomever on your squad lands the final blow to Yami is who's ending is unlocked in that characters profile. This same forumla is also the way characters are unlocked for purchase as well.

And that's pretty much it. So to the violence if you please.

Hope that helps as Im keen to get cracking on Viewtful Joe and Daimyo  8).

To Elixer I bought a HK wii off TradeMe,imported TvC from playasia and got a stick from Mighty Ape  :o :o. I think Pax has a Pal wii and a freeloader but imported the game too. The Wii fighting stick is pretty amazing as I did have doubts but should have just trusted in Hori all the way  ::) And it dropped in price after Xmas. Thankfully I bought it for $89 as it was $119 then $99 and then $89. I have to buy another one as just having one stick at the moment is boring unless someones got a Gamecube to PS convertor
Sage of the 6 Paths

JoeKage

OK maybe that didnt help oops  :-[ Maybe have to buy everything ie costumes,colours, BG music etc. Will keep you updated  ;)
Sage of the 6 Paths

JoeKage

OK after beating the game with God-Like Ken he has the short movie which is way kool and a mini game during the credits. Your on a 3 man Bike and have to jump over holes in the road( to access this press A) you can control the jumps by holding the A button (for long jumps) and steer using the stick(also in the air). Collect letters to spell something, not sure only collected 3 letters ;) and also jump to highlight voice characters names etc but not sure what that gives you ???. KOOOOOOOOLNESS  8)
Sage of the 6 Paths